Author Topic: Top 10 Famous African Dictators Designated as the Worst in their Time  (Read 796 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:

Top 10 Famous African Dictators Designated as the Worst in their Time

Throughout the annals of history, humanity has always tried to free itself. Africa has an eternal dance of people whose revolutionary acts freed their people, those that became the modern-day messiah’s only to enslave the very people that they were bound to save. Here is a list of 10 dictators of Africa formerly saviours of their countries.

10. Charles Taylor
The first of many is Charles Taylor. Charles’s full name is Charles McArthur Ghankay Taylor and he was the 22nd president of Liberia. Charles ruled for eight years from 1997-2003. Taylor was born on January 28 1948 in a small town near Monrovia Liberia.

3. Omar Al-bashir (Sudan)
Omar Al-bashir is a more recent case of dictators. His biggest call to fame was in March 4 2009 when he was issued an arrest warrant. Omar has been charged with seven crimes against humanity. Omar planned to commit genocide against several ethnic groups such as the Massalit and Zaghawa groups, Omar is regarded by many today as one of the worst dictators of Africa.

Full article: https://answersafrica.com/worst-dictators-africa.html

Some fascinating history with, not only the 'bad guys" (yes, Amin is #1) but with some of Africa's so-called good guys too. It's a lot to discuss but I gather, bad means bad.

Thomas Sankara was a leader of Burkina Faso, I've just been reading about him, he was purportedly "good" but his revolution was "Castro-like", you know, lower illiteracy rates and things like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sankara

You find stuff at youtube on him. I might find some of it soon, one documentary by CGTV, China Global TV of all things, so, yeah, if Sankara was a commie (assassinated at 37), he's a Che-Fidel type hero to some it appears to me.