Author Topic: The 8 House Republicans who voted against Trump’s border wall  (Read 878 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The 8 House Republicans who voted against Trump’s border wall
By Tal Axelrod - 12/21/18 08:32 AM EST

The House on Thursday passed a stopgap government funding bill by a 217-185 vote that would stave off a partial government shutdown.

Its inclusion of $5.7 billion in border wall funding, however, likely makes it dead on arrival in the Senate, leaving both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue without a backup plan as President Trump digs his heels in on his demands for wall funding.

Here are the eight House Republicans who voted against the measure.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/422424-the-8-republicans-who-voted-against-trumps-border-wall
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: The 8 House Republicans who voted against Trump’s border wall
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 02:52:35 pm »
Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.)
Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.)
Rep. Carlos Curbelo
Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas)
Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-Minn.)
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.)
Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.)
Rep. David Valadao (R-Calif.)
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 03:00:13 pm »
Upton, otherwise known as the light-bulb killer.  Figgers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 03:11:14 pm »

Gosh. Everyone keeps telling me how great this guy is. This makes him look like just about every other RINO shitbag.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 03:17:22 pm »
I think this map of the sanctuary cities explains that.

https://cis.org/Map-Sanctuary-Cities-Counties-and-States

I don't understand the Texas vote though.

I am being robbed here in Washington.  One of the worst.  Looks even worse than California.

Here is the reason for Will Hurd:

June 21, 2018   
|  Press Release   

‘A 4th century border security tool that takes private property away from hundreds of Texans’

WASHINGTON, DC – Prior to the House vote on the Border Security and Immigration Reform Act of 2018, U.S. Representative Will Hurd issued the following statement:

“I have long advocated for securing our nation’s borders and providing a permanent legislative fix for DACA recipients, but this proposal does not accomplish either goal,” said Hurd, who represents more of the U.S.-Mexico border than any other Member of Congress. “Furthermore, I cannot support a bill that fails to effectively address family separations at the border, establishes a long and winding road for DACA recipients at the expense of existing visa programs and doubles down on an expensive and ineffective 4th century border security tool that takes private property away from hundreds of Texans. I’ve said time and time again that a long-term solution must be bipartisan, and I will continue to work with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle so that we can actually solve these problems once and for all."

https://hurd.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/hurd-statement-border-security-and-immigration-reform-act-2018

His beef is private property.  Who cares that these people use private land to invade the rest of us right?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 03:26:21 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 03:23:32 pm »

Gosh. Everyone keeps telling me how great this guy is. This makes him look like just about every other RINO shitbag.

Never knew that much about Amash, but I've known Upton for some time.  Single-handedly wiped out Sylvania's US light bulb manufacturing business, throwing hundreds out of work.  Now that's a shitbag.  We can still get incandescent light bulbs, but they're all made by chinks and red-dot Indians now.

All in the name of Globullshit Warming.  If Sylvania had been based in MI he'd already be outta here.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 03:25:06 pm »
Never knew that much about Amash, but I've known Upton for some time.  Single-handedly wiped out Sylvania's US light bulb manufacturing business, throwing hundreds out of work.  Now that's a shitbag.  We can still get incandescent light bulbs, but they're all made by chinks and red-dot Indians now.

All in the name of Globullshit Warming.  If Sylvania had been based in MI he'd already be outta here.

And that is but one of the shitbag's many sins!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 03:25:55 pm »
Will Hurd: 

Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas)

Hurd, a House moderate who won reelection in November by less than one point has pushed for a “smart border wall” that uses “cutting edge” technology to protect the border rather than a physical wall.

“The American people sent us up here to get things done, and the only way we can get things done is by working together,” he tweeted Thursday.

*****rollingeyes*****

Sounds like he's in CYA mode.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 03:31:11 pm »

We all know about Upton because of Kate. Beyond the light bulbs he is Left on a whole host of issues. I have no idea why he is even an R. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2018, 03:33:24 pm »
Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.)           A 92%
Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.)                 B 87%
Rep. Carlos Curbelo                        F 25%
Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas)                  F 31%
Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-Minn.)             F 34%
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.)    F 28%
Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.)              F 26%
Rep. David Valadao (R-Calif.)          F 28%

Here are there Liberty Scores (https://www.conservativereview.com/scorecard/).   All but Buck and Amash are leftist Republicans.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 03:37:04 pm »
Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.)           A 92%
Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.)                 B 87%
Rep. Carlos Curbelo                        F 25%
Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas)                  F 31%
Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-Minn.)             F 34%
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.)    F 28%
Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.)              F 26%
Rep. David Valadao (R-Calif.)          F 28%

Here are there Liberty Scores (https://www.conservativereview.com/scorecard/).   All but Buck and Amash are leftist Republicans Democrats with Rs behind their names.

Fixed it for you!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2018, 03:42:22 pm »
We all know about Upton because of Kate. Beyond the light bulbs he is Left on a whole host of issues. I have no idea why he is even an R.

Upton's district:

I used to live there.  The district contains several Universities and Colleges, and Benton Harbor/St Joseph (otherwise known in MI as "Little Deetroit").  BH/SJ has massive unemployment, crime, welfare and the type of folks one associates with Deetroit.  A Congresscritter from there has to be a solid lefty.
I will NOT comply.