Author Topic: Mattis was no good  (Read 1262 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Mattis was no good
« on: December 21, 2018, 12:38:50 pm »
Mattis was no good
American Thinker, Dec 21, 2018, David Archibald

American Thinker readers were warned about General Mattis over a year ago in this article.  Briefly, Mattis was and remains a supporter of global warming.

The issue of global warming continues to be a reliable and simple litmus test.  If someone believes in global warming, then you can be sure he is a globalist who loathes Western civilization.

Then there was his support for the Islamist Anne Patterson, loathed by the Egyptian people for her support for the Muslim Brotherhood.

Then there was the matter of allowing one of his underlings to throw Fox Company, of Task Force Spartan in Afghanistan in 2007, under bus so he could advance his own career.

Since that article, Mattis's charge sheet has expanded somewhat.  Trump wanted to get trannies out of the military simply because of the costs involved in having them.  Mattis pushed back and slow-walked the order.  Gender dysphoria is one of the worst mental illnesses, with a 50 percent suicide rate.  Who in his right mind would leave people suffering from this condition near weapons or machinery?  Someone who ranks ideology above effectiveness and unit cohesion would.

Mattis argued the case for staying in Afghanistan, overriding Trump's gut instinct.  There is no point in staying in Afghanistan.  When someone stops paying for the imported grain that allows Afghanistan's population to double every 25 years, then Afghanistan will collapse.  Mattis's reasoning for staying in Afghanistan is that we either fight them there or fight them here.  The opposite is true.  By continuing to feed them, we are creating more future terrorists.  The way to keep this country safe is to forbid them to enter.

More:  https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/12/mattis_was_no_good.html

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Mattis was no good
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 12:41:07 pm »
Mattis also slow walked putting troops on the Southern Border.

Reading how often Mattis disagreed with the President's stated agenda makes me wonder why he ever took the job.

Regardless, thank him for his service, wish him well in the future and save the halo for another guy.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 12:46:12 pm »
Mattis :

While serving in Afghanistan as a brigadier general, Mattis was known as an officer who engaged his men with "real leadership". He also was quoted as saying "be polite, be courteous and have a plan to kill everyone you meet."[41] A young Marine officer, Nathaniel Fick, said he witnessed Mattis in a fighting hole talking with a sergeant and lance corporal: "No one would have questioned Mattis if he'd slept eight hours each night in a private room, to be woken each morning by an aide who ironed his uniforms and heated his MREs. But there he was, in the middle of a freezing night, out on the lines with his Marines."[42]

Iraq War

As a major general, Mattis commanded the 1st Marine Division during the 2003 invasion of Iraq and subsequent stability operations during the Iraq War.[29]

Mattis played key roles in combat operations in Fallujah, including negotiation with the insurgent command inside the city during Operation Vigilant Resolve in April 2004, as well as participation in planning of the subsequent Operation Phantom Fury in November.[43]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Mattis

His men appreciated him, anyone can look for themselves on his leadership in Afghanistan and Iraq to see if he has been a good General. Undeniably so, I'm not going to get bogged down in global warming talk and gays in the military, that's pretty unimportant compared to this.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 01:06:42 pm »
Mattis :

His men appreciated him, anyone can look for themselves on his leadership in Afghanistan and Iraq to see if he has been a good General. Undeniably so, I'm not going to get bogged down in global warming talk and gays in the military, that's pretty unimportant compared to this.

No one's questioning the troops respected Mattis.  He was a General whose home and career were the battlefield. .

But as SoD, Mattis took on a civilian role serving at the pleasure of the President and was expected to adhere to his stated mission(s).  I respectfully don't give a rat's arse @TomSea  that you don't want to get bogged down in global warming or gays in the military ..... and I suppose U.S. border security,  but Mattis' effing job was to address these and to do so in accordance with the administration's stated objectives. 

I respect him for leaving.  I wish he'd done it sooner.

Good luck, Godspeed and goodbye, General

« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 01:09:38 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 01:17:52 pm »

Reading how often Mattis disagreed with the President's stated agenda makes me wonder why he ever took the job.

@Right_in_Virginia

He took the job because he is a whore for hire,and that job greatly increased his future salaries.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 01:21:13 pm »
No one's questioning the troops respected Mattis.  He was a General whose home and career were the battlefield. .

@HorseHillary! IIRC,his first known combat assignment was as a Regimental Commander. Regimental Commanders don't get into firefights. I seriously doubt he ever heard a shot fired that wasn't fired on a rifle range.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 01:25:30 pm »
@HorseHillary! IIRC,his first known combat assignment was as a Regimental Commander. Regimental Commanders don't get into firefights. I seriously doubt he ever heard a shot fired that wasn't fired on a rifle range.

Well, I humbly stand corrected.  Still, he likes to play war.   :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 01:30:28 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

True. There is NOTHING Generals love more.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 07:50:01 pm »
The issue of global warming continues to be a reliable and simple litmus test.  If someone believes in global warming, then you can be sure he is a globalist who loathes Western civilization.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2018, 07:52:36 pm »
It's posted in National News that other candidates likely have similar views to Mattis.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 08:05:23 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2018, 08:14:29 pm »

I don't believe that...NO ONE in the military likes war....except maybe for a few gun-ho types and Mattis wasn't one of them

RIV I don't know why you insist to demean this man..I bet last week he was wonderful in your eyes..now that he disagrees with Trump he is shit..
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 08:16:30 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2018, 08:48:22 pm »
I don't believe that...NO ONE in the military likes war....except maybe for a few gun-ho types and Mattis wasn't one of them

@mystery-ak

Well,he certainly did a good job of avoiding combat until he was a field grade officer and and exempt from combat.

Wars mean Generals get stars,and there is nothing a General wants more than "1 more star" unless it is a plush defense contractor or think tank job after retirement.

And....,there are plenty of people in the military who love war. Most of them go out of their way to be assigned to combat units. Adrenaline junkies.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2018, 08:49:36 pm »
I was wondering how long it would take to throw him under the bus.

I guess all that is left aboard are 70 year old women and the Fox and Friends cast.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2018, 09:26:37 pm »

RIV I don't know why you insist to demean this man..I bet last week he was wonderful in your eyes..now that he disagrees with Trump he is shit..

Generals like to play war … they like the planning, the strategy, the troop movement.  I once had a General tell me after I asked him to explain the smile on his face:  "We're goin' to war, baby!" 

They love to play war.

And @mystery-ak  I am not demeaning Mattis.  I have said repeatedly we should thank him for his service and send him off with good wishes and Godspeed.  I've never said or implied I thought he was "shit". 

What I am also not doing is elevating Mattis to sainthood.  He opposed every agenda item that was given to him.  He was a GD civilian in a civilian political position.  Matthis knew the job description.  I think he just assumed he could change it.

From global warming, to transgenders in the military, to believing our borders deserve the same protection as Syria's ….. to wanting us to spend another 18 years (18 effing years!) in Afghanistan --- Mattis was at odds with the CIC. 

I respect Mattis for recognizing this and for leaving.  I simply wish he had done it sooner..

(And if you would really like to ping me, it's Right_in_Virginia, not RIV.)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2018, 01:16:52 am »
Title and premise:
"Mattis was no good"

I don't really believe that.
He's probably quite a guy.

But...
He had to go.
For the same reasons that MacArthur had to go.