Author Topic: Trump's frontrunners for Pentagon job likely to share Mattis' views on Syria, Afghanistan  (Read 1059 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump's frontrunners for Pentagon job likely to share Mattis' views on Syria, Afghanistan
Lukas Mikelionis

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said President Trump deserves a Pentagon leader “whose views are better aligned” with the commander-in-chief's, but a search for such a person will be a lot harder after Trump’s decisions on Syria and Afghanistan.

Mattis' resignation Thursday, which will take effect in February, came shortly after Trump announced that the U.S. military will withdraw from Syria and pull back from Afghanistan.

While Mattis’ departure was considered imminent amid his opposition to the Army staff changes Trump was considering, the Syria decision ultimately pushed him to quit after he failed to convince the president to reconsider the move.

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-front-runners-to-replace-mattis-may-not-share-views-decisions-in-syria-afghanistan

Oceander

So in other words, we’ll end up with a third-rate political hack.

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
Third rate might be good in the end.  I'm afraid no one in his right mind would want the job now.
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They probably do. They are all creatures of the current system who have been brought up and educated to think what they think.

The military isn't exactly known for promoting free thinkers to General Officer positions. Most rarely make it to full bird.

To succeed in the Borg,you have to be a cog in the Borg.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

As opposed to Mattis who pushed his personal political agenda?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Oceander

Not true. Almost all General Officers are First Rate political hacks. They have to be to be Generals.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Oceander

@Oceander

Not true. Almost all General Officers are First Rate political hacks. They have to be to be Generals.

Fair dinkum

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Trump's frontrunners for Pentagon job likely to share Mattis' views on Syria, Afghanistan"

If that be the case, then they may not be "frontrunners" for very long...!

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I would like to see an unexpected choice...  someone that causes people to say, "Wow, I didn't think of her/him!  Amazing....  I wonder how he/she will do?"

Sort of like that thing with the Spanish Inquisition.....  someone that nobody expects....