Author Topic: Schumer: House-passed border wall bill dead in the Senate  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Schumer: House-passed border wall bill dead in the Senate
« on: December 21, 2018, 01:41:00 am »
Schumer: House-passed border wall bill dead in the Senate
The Hill, Dec 20, 2018

Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) says a House-passed spending bill providing $5.7 billion for a border wall is dead-on-arrival in the Senate, signaling raising odds of a partial government shutdown.

“The bill that’s on the floor of the House, everyone knows, will not pass the Senate,” Schumer said moments before the House voted in support on the measure.

He accused Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) of “cynically” putting the bill on the House floor “knowing it can’t pass the Senate.”

“Everyone knows it can’t pass the Senate. It’s a cynical attempt to just hurt innocent people and do just what President Trump wants even though they probably know it’s bad for the country,” Schumer said.

[...]

“Leader Pelosi and I and probably Sen. McConnell would hope that the House would then consider passing the bipartisan, unanimously-passed bill [sent down by] Senate," Schumer said, referring to House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

“Whether they’ll do that or not, your guess is as good as mine,” he added.

More:  https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/422402-schumer-house-passed-border-wall-bill-dead-in-the-senate

Re: Schumer: House-passed border wall bill dead in the Senate
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 01:41:35 am »
Is it me, or is Schmukie protesting a bit too much?   :laugh:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 01:54:41 am »

Certainly to me this is good news.  The House acted.  Now it's up to the Senate and IF it fails it WILL be the fault of Chuckie and the DEMS!!  Not the GOP's and not Trump's. 

I honestly didn't think the money for Trump's wall was even a remote possibility.  I will be the first one to admit that I was wrong and I stand corrected.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 02:01:42 am »

How many senators are still in DC to vote on this? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 02:20:21 am »
Every single time this SOB opens his pie hole.

Stinks so bad even the livestock can't handle it.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 02:24:45 am »
Doesn't pass Senate shut it down!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 02:35:43 am »
If it doesn't pass it is the Schumer shut-down
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 02:43:58 am »

888high58888
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 02:46:28 am »

I don't know.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2018, 02:59:03 am »

At least Corker, Collins, and Johnson have left town.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/422329-trump-shutdown-moves-leaves-gop-senators-in-disbelief
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 03:20:28 am »
 :0001:

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2018, 03:49:16 am »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2018, 04:11:07 am »
Does it really matter?

How many years will this be held up in courts arguing about environmental permits and the like?

I mean after a judge in HI shuts it down.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2018, 01:17:09 pm »
Does it really matter?

How many years will this be held up in courts arguing about environmental permits and the like?

I mean after a judge in HI shuts it down.

I'm more concerned about the vote count in the Senate.  After that, let the issue go before the leftist liberals ... it will only take another caravan or two ....

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 01:23:38 pm »
Thursday on the radio, LevinTV host Mark Levin set out to define the fight over securing the border with a government shutdown looming. Instead of the “Trump shutdown” narrative, Levin said we should focus on the dangerous “Schumer-Pelosi open border.” Levin emphasized that this is what the border should now be called.

“The Schumer-Pelosi open border is endangering Americans. It’s driving up the cost of public education. It’s driving up the cost of health care. It’s driving up the cost of law enforcement. The Schumer-Pelosi open border is dangerous for America, and so we need to close the Schumer-Pelosi open border,” Levin said.

“And the way you close the Schumer-Pelosi open border is to create physical barriers … to stop foreigners from coming into our country illegally through the Schumer-Pelosi open border. We’re going to put an end to the Schumer-Pelosi open border. That’s the way this needs to be dealt with.”

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/levin-were-going-to-put-an-end-to-the-schumer-pelosi-open-border/

Offline verga

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2018, 01:06:31 am »
Thursday on the radio, LevinTV host Mark Levin set out to define the fight over securing the border with a government shutdown looming. Instead of the “Trump shutdown” narrative, Levin said we should focus on the dangerous “Schumer-Pelosi open border.” Levin emphasized that this is what the border should now be called.

“The Schumer-Pelosi open border is endangering Americans. It’s driving up the cost of public education. It’s driving up the cost of health care. It’s driving up the cost of law enforcement. The Schumer-Pelosi open border is dangerous for America, and so we need to close the Schumer-Pelosi open border,” Levin said.

“And the way you close the Schumer-Pelosi open border is to create physical barriers … to stop foreigners from coming into our country illegally through the Schumer-Pelosi open border. We’re going to put an end to the Schumer-Pelosi open border. That’s the way this needs to be dealt with.”

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/levin-were-going-to-put-an-end-to-the-schumer-pelosi-open-border/
I like that I think I will leave another message on Smuckies Senate website.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2018, 01:07:56 am »
good, then the Dems are 100% responsible for the shutdown and Trump's veto is not needed.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2018, 01:48:16 am »

Trump needs to begin tweeting "Schumer Shutdown".  Does anyone have a connection in the White House?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-