Author Topic: Mattis to retire at end of February  (Read 10054 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Mattis to retire at end of February
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2018, 01:48:14 am »
So Trump went along with the thought of them killing the Kurds...and Mattis resigned

That's hyperbole of the most destructive kind.  And building off a tweet from CNN.   **nononono*

« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 01:49:39 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2018, 01:49:27 am »
I don't have the time, nor the crayons to explain it to you.

Well, if you'd quit eating them, you might have some left. 

Offline mrclose

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2018, 01:49:46 am »
Trump screwed the pooch on this one.  Mad Dog was one of the real ones.  He walked the walk and talked the talk unlike our pretender in chief.
As a Vet myself, I say that all of you 'mad dog' cheerleaders watch too much CNN!

Should’ve been canned a long time ago.

Your hero's resume' includes ...

He opposed the President’s decision to withdraw from the Paris “climate change” accords, opposed decertifying the Iran deal and opposed moving the embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

And Oh yeah ...

Mattis Tried To Kill Plan To Bar Transgender Surgery For Troops

https://taskandpurpose.com/mattis-tried-to-kill-plan-to-bar-transgender-surgery-for-troops/

AND

Despite Trump's call for ban, Mattis expected to back allowing transgender troops in military

https://pilotonline.com/news/government/politics/nation/article_53b535e8-1822-11e8-bb35-f7c61abba7b7.html

And Let's Not Forget ...

Mattis Warned Recognition of Jerusalem as Capital Could Spur Unrest

In his Senate confirmation hearing in January, Mattis firmly declared that Tel Aviv was the capital of Israel.

He also said he backed a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/12/06/mattis-warned-recognition-jerusalem-capital-could-spur-unrest.html
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 06:24:42 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2018, 01:50:48 am »
Well, if you'd quit eating them, you might have some left.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2018, 03:02:17 am »
I don't have the time, nor the crayons to explain it to you.

Typical Trumpkin punt.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2018, 03:24:20 am »
As a Vet myself, I say that all of you 'mad dog' cheerleaders watch too much CNN!

Should’ve been canned a long time ago.

Your hero's resume' includes ...

He opposed the President’s decision to withdraw from the Paris “climate change” accords, opposed decertifying the Iran deal and opposed moving the embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

And Oh yeah ...

Mattis Tried To Kill Plan To Bar Transgender Surgery For Troops

https://taskandpurpose.com/mattis-tried-to-kill-plan-to-bar-transgender-surgery-for-troops/

AND

Despite Trump's call for ban, Mattis expected to back allowing transgender troops in military

https://pilotonline.com/news/government/politics/nation/article_53b535e8-1822-11e8-bb35-f7c61abba7b7.html

And Let's Not Forget ...

Mattis Warned Recognition of Jerusalem as Capital Could Spur Unrest

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/12/06/mattis-warned-recognition-jerusalem-capital-could-spur-unrest.html

Those are the things I recall about him too, and because of those things did not understand the almost God-like status that he was given by some people.  It felt like people bought in to the nickname and then refused to see those things above that you linked.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2018, 03:25:07 am »
Typical Trumpkin punt.

As you can see from his avatar, it doesn't have anything to do with crayons.  He's too busy smoking out.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2018, 03:47:00 am »
The often cited number of troops we have in that area is 2,000, you know, that to me is a very small figure. We left 5,000 in Iraq I thought, when we made the big withdrawal. It wasn't total but 5,000 is not much for the whole country of Iraq. That in Syria, is just that Northern border apparently.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2018, 03:48:09 am »
Typical Trumpkin punt.

That's not true. I think the poster is a dude.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2018, 03:48:28 am »
It sends a very bad message.  It basically says that if you ever agree to work with the Americans, you will eventually be hung out to dry in the worst way possible.

He’s just trying to be consistent....

Trump push to deport Vietnam War refugees scalds California GOP

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/15/trump-vietnam-war-refugees-california-gop-orange-county-1066639
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2018, 03:50:12 am »

He’s just trying to be consistent....

Trump push to deport Vietnam War refugees scalds California GOP

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/15/trump-vietnam-war-refugees-california-gop-orange-county-1066639

How is this equivalent?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2018, 03:55:53 am »
How is this equivalent?

They all look alike?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2018, 03:56:42 am »
That's not true. I think the poster is a dude.

LOL

Offline edpc

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2018, 04:02:13 am »
How is this equivalent?

It’s addressing the @Oceander comment about those who have previously worked with the US.

Many pre-1995 arrivals, all of whom were previously protected under the 2008 agreement by both the administrations of Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, were refugees from the Vietnam War. Some are the children of those who once allied with American and South Vietnamese forces, an attribute that renders them undesirable to the current regime in Hanoi, which imputes anti-regime beliefs to the children of those who opposed North Vietnam. This anti-Communist constituency includes minorities such as the children of the American-allied Montagnards, who are persecuted in Vietnam for both their ethnicity and Christian religion.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/12/donald-trump-deport-vietnam-war-refugees/577993/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2018, 04:07:10 am »

It’s addressing the @Oceander comment about those who have previously worked with the US.

Many pre-1995 arrivals, all of whom were previously protected under the 2008 agreement by both the administrations of Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, were refugees from the Vietnam War. Some are the children of those who once allied with American and South Vietnamese forces, an attribute that renders them undesirable to the current regime in Hanoi, which imputes anti-regime beliefs to the children of those who opposed North Vietnam. This anti-Communist constituency includes minorities such as the children of the American-allied Montagnards, who are persecuted in Vietnam for both their ethnicity and Christian religion.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/12/donald-trump-deport-vietnam-war-refugees/577993/

I understand that, but the people who are being considered for deportation are those who have committed a crime and who have not become American citizens in the many, many years they have been here. 

Offline TomSea

« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2018, 04:10:20 am »
I'm with Mr. Trump on this one.

Get out of Syria.
Get out of Iraq
And... get out of Afghanistan... finally.

I guess if Mr. Mattis can't agree with this, well, he can't agree. That's the way things go.

We've wasted enough lives and treasure in those hellholes.
And furthermore, those lives WERE "wasted", because the struggle there is pointless.

The real "struggle" with islam is... RIGHT HERE, at home.
HERE is where the battle will be won or lost .... NOT there.

We would not have won World War II all by ourselves, we would not be a country without allies, I don't buy abandoning allies, especially like the Kurds who defeated one of the greatest evils since World War II.

You don't like refugees from Syria? There might be a lot more coming if we abandon the situation in Syria.  Yeah, we'll turn them away, good luck with that.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2018, 04:15:22 am »
"Kurds, Kurds, Kurds, BFD",

Yeah it is, Trump proclaimed victory over ISIS and who did it on the ground were the Kurds, we and other coalition partners gave air support, that is so. They did not do it all.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2018, 04:16:35 am »
I understand that, but the people who are being considered for deportation are those who have committed a crime and who have not become American citizens in the many, many years they have been here.

That is irrelevant. You MUST feel sorry for Charlie because of what that evil evil Donald Trump is doing to them. Borders and laws are so provincial.

Offline edpc

« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2018, 04:33:29 am »

Whatever crimes they committed were here and they should face the judicial system here. The agreement from 2008 with Vietnam said pre-1995 people wouldn't be deported. It's rather odd an admin hailing criminal justice reform would want to send people to a place they'd most certainly meet a terrible fate for just being who they are, regardless of what crime they may have committed.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2018, 04:43:13 am »

Whatever crimes they committed were here and they should face the judicial system here. The agreement from 2008 with Vietnam said pre-1995 people wouldn't be deported. It's rather odd an admin hailing criminal justice reform would want to send people to a place they'd most certainly meet a terrible fate for just being who they are, regardless of what crime they may have committed.

When you commit a crime, you break the contract.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2018, 04:45:00 am »

Yeah. My heart bleeds for foreign nationals who commit crimes here and then are thrown out.

Offline edpc

« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2018, 05:00:58 am »
When you commit a crime, you break the contract.

Only if that's what the contract says, but the agreement doesn't stipulate for criminal behavior. Like it or not, they're our problem, now.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2018, 05:02:00 am »

Only if that's what the contract says, but the agreement doesn't stipulate for criminal behavior. Like it or not, they're our problem, now.

Apparently not.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2018, 05:04:03 am »
I thought this was a Breaking News article about Secretary Mattis. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2018, 05:07:15 am »
I thought this was a Breaking News article about Secretary Mattis. :shrug:

It's not broken yet, but give the thread a few more pages and it will be totally demolished.