Author Topic: Mattis to retire at end of February  (Read 10053 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Mattis to retire at end of February
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2018, 12:04:14 am »
There are a lot of people around the world who deserve our prayers @mystery-ak   Do they deserve our troops?

How long do we stay in Syria, and what would the ROE be?  What if we bump into Russia in the middle of the night?  Or Israel?

What are we doing now?  I really don't know, so if you do.... please, tell me.  Thanks.

This country has shat upon the Kurds so many times it's a wonder they allow us within miles of them!  Jim Mattis, the most honorable man in Washington presently, is 100% right on this one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2018, 12:05:36 am »
By leaving Syria we are leaving the Kurds to be decimated....no one in the ME will ever stand with the US again if we have to engage there...Obama did this and now Trump.....prayers for the Kurds.

I am betting this is one reason Mattis has finally had enough..Trump went against all his military advisors on this..just because you are CinC you are NOT all knowing re the military and what is involved...

This is a real concern.  We've left the Kurds twisting in the wind before, and we should at least make sure they can defend themselves before we leave.  The Turks have to be salivating right now.  As are Putin and the Iranians. 

I would love to see us pull out completely, but we shouldn't ensure that genocide will occur in the process.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2018, 12:06:34 am »
This country has shat upon the Kurds so many times it's a wonder they allow us within miles of them!  Jim Mattis, the most honorable man in Washington presently, is 100% right on this one!
:amen:

Trump couldn't carry the Generals jock strap. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2018, 12:06:53 am »

I knew you would agree... 888high58888
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2018, 12:09:58 am »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2018, 12:10:16 am »
:amen:

Trump couldn't carry the Generals jock strap.

Not when it comes to things like this for sure!  Trump is right on some things presently going on but VERY wrong on this one!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2018, 12:12:41 am »
   I never believed the Kurds were Stupid, obummer taught them that the US were flaky/shifty Allies and perhaps Trump proved that to them again.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2018, 12:21:22 am »

:thumbsup:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2018, 12:23:01 am »
This is a real concern.  We've left the Kurds twisting in the wind before, and we should at least make sure they can defend themselves before we leave.  The Turks have to be salivating right now.  As are Putin and the Iranians. 

I would love to see us pull out completely, but we shouldn't ensure that genocide will occur in the process.

Kurds, Kurds, Kurds.   BFD!

Where in the hell was all the outrage when Obama didn't give one shit about the Yazidi Christians that were being horrifically and systematically hunted and murdered?

Instead...that dirty SOB abandoned them and instead allowed Muslims from the same countries to run to America.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 12:24:15 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2018, 12:32:44 am »

@Bigun   Without questioning the general's honor, not every agrees with you.

The Washington Post  complained of “the stab in the back,” but the United States never promised Syria’s Kurds military protection, which would have to run forever. Indeed, Washington already made that strategic choice when it did not protect Kurdistan from retaliation by Iraq, Iran, and Turkey after the latter held an independence referendum.

Washington also made little to no effort to block decades of brutal military operations against the Kurds in Turkey or protect them in the assault on Afrin and surrounding territory in Syria earlier this year.

The Pentagon cannot justify a permanent garrison illegally occupying Syria amid a civil war to protect an unofficial militia from attack by both the legally legitimate government and a neighboring NATO ally.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/skeptics/why-trump-right-withdraw-troops-39352

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2018, 12:35:10 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

When the Washington Compost disagrees with me it strengthens my faith that I am correct.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2018, 12:39:44 am »

You need to do a gut check on your unyielding faith to 45.  This would be the time.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2018, 12:51:52 am »

Where in the hell was all the outrage when Obama didn't give one shit about the Yazidi Christians that were being horrifically and systematically hunted and murdered?

Instead...that dirty SOB abandoned them and instead allowed Muslims from the same countries to run to America.

I think most people not enamored of Obama were appalled by that, just as they were unhappy with his withdrawal from Afghanistan and -- heck, with everything that con man did.  But you know the powers that be in Washington and the media would never say a word against Obama, lest they be accused of racism.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2018, 12:56:50 am »
A CNN reporter tweets:
Ryan Browne  Verified account @rabrowne75
33m33 minutes ago

Defense officials tell me Mattis went to the White House to discuss Syria & that he was livid after reading reports that Turkey's Defense Minister threatened to kill US-backed Kurds & put them in ditches once the US withdrew. He was incensed at this notion of betrayal of an ally
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2018, 12:57:54 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

When the Washington Compost disagrees with me it strengthens my faith that I am correct.

It's not from the Washington Post @Bigun

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2018, 01:06:23 am »
A CNN reporter tweets:

So Trump went along with the thought of them killing the Kurds...and Mattis resigned
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2018, 01:07:04 am »
So Trump went along with the thought of them killing the Kurds...and Mattis resigned
Dunno. Keep in mind it's CNN.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2018, 01:10:28 am »
Dunno. Keep in mind it's CNN.

I know...Keane just on Fox and is disappointed with Trump on this issue..
Support the USO

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2018, 01:15:26 am »
Mattis should run for president just so we can have the campaign slogan: Mad Dog 2020.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2018, 01:18:05 am »
Mattis should run for president just so we can have the campaign slogan: Mad Dog 2020.

That is beautiful.   Don't just fortify your borders, fortify your wines!

7777sleigh

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2018, 01:31:33 am »

What does that have to do with now?

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2018, 01:45:56 am »
@JenGriffinFNCA senior US defense official tells me they have never seen the morale in meetings at the Pentagon worse than they have in the past few days, following announcement that President Trump is withdrawing from Syria, drawing down in Afghanistan.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2018, 01:46:10 am »
I know...Keane just on Fox and is disappointed with Trump on this issue..

Keane's business, rightfully so, is war and deployment.  But that doesn't make him automatically right.  @mystery-ak

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2018, 01:47:08 am »
What does that have to do with now?

I don't have the time, nor the crayons to explain it to you.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald