Author Topic: Mattis to retire at end of February  (Read 10055 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Mattis to retire at end of February
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2018, 02:54:12 pm »
Troublemaker.

There are days I need to bring my own popcorn.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2018, 02:59:05 pm »
That's not true. I think the poster is a dude.

888high58888 Top notch comeback, but he’s sometimes a punt.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2018, 03:11:44 pm »
There are days I need to bring my own popcorn.   :shrug:

And, somedays there's just not enough popcorn.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2018, 06:08:41 pm »
By leaving Syria we are leaving the Kurds to be decimated....no one in the ME will ever stand with the US again if we have to engage there...Obama did this and now Trump.....prayers for the Kurds.

I am betting this is one reason Mattis has finally had enough..Trump went against all his military advisors on this..just because you are CinC you are NOT all knowing re the military and what is involved...

I think that you have watched too much CNN or Faux News!

Christian Fighters Abandon Anti-ISIS Kurd Group Because It's Communist

It takes a special kind of person to leave home and join a foreign militia to fight the theocratic brutes of the Islamic State's army. It takes an even more special person to realize, a little too late, that his chosen anti-ISIS militia holds a political and religious ideology that's as antithetical to his own as ISIS's.

The media's had a love affair in recent months with Americans, Brits, Aussies, and other Westerners joining Kurdish ground forces to combat ISIS. But all is not sweet in the West of Kurdistan: According to AFP's Jonathan Krohn, many of the most motivated Western fighters are Christian crusaders eager to defeat the armies of Muhammad, but they were shocked to learn they'd joined up with a bunch of Kurdish atheist commies to do it:

One seven-year US army veteran called Scott says he was planning to join the Syria-based Kurdish "Popular Protection Units" (YPG) until he found out they were "a bunch of damn Reds".

http://fortressamerica.gawker.com/christian-fighters-abandon-anti-isis-kurd-group-because-1687800274
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2018, 07:34:16 pm »
Mattis should run for president just so we can have the campaign slogan: Mad Dog 2020.

:cool:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2018, 08:22:39 pm »
As a Vet myself, I say that all of you 'mad dog' cheerleaders watch too much CNN!

Should’ve been canned a long time ago.

Your hero's resume' includes ...

He opposed the President’s decision to withdraw from the Paris “climate change” accords, opposed decertifying the Iran deal and opposed moving the embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

And Oh yeah ...

Mattis Tried To Kill Plan To Bar Transgender Surgery For Troops

https://taskandpurpose.com/mattis-tried-to-kill-plan-to-bar-transgender-surgery-for-troops/

AND

Despite Trump's call for ban, Mattis expected to back allowing transgender troops in military

https://pilotonline.com/news/government/politics/nation/article_53b535e8-1822-11e8-bb35-f7c61abba7b7.html

And Let's Not Forget ...

Mattis Warned Recognition of Jerusalem as Capital Could Spur Unrest

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/12/06/mattis-warned-recognition-jerusalem-capital-could-spur-unrest.html
-------------------------------------
Far too many romanticizing the sainted military as if they're devoid of politics which is malarkey.
The Pentagon is an enormous bureaucracy where political considerations are NEVER ignored.
Anyone wanna bet that military types have promoted causes that advanced their careers???

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2018, 08:40:54 pm »
Russia is still our enemy, despite Trump cozying up to Putin and acting like Putin is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Russia cannot be trusted. 

@Applewood

Yeah,thanks to the Clinton and Bush Crime Families,and all the aide money they stole from the Russians after the USSR collapsed.

Russia wanted to be our ally,and would have been if the professional criminal class we call "politicians" hadn't robbed them blind while rubbing their faces in their poverty.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2018, 08:51:53 pm »
‘Fox & Friends’ co-host Kilmeade: Trump just ‘refounded ISIS’ by pulling troops out of Syria
BY MORGAN GSTALTER - 12/21/18 08:51 AM EST

“Fox & Friends” co-host Brian Kilmeade on Friday said President Trump had "re-founded ISIS" and was giving Russia "a big win" with his decision to pull U.S. troops from Syria.

Kilmeade made the remarks during an interview with White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. 

“He also is doing exactly what he criticized President Obama for doing. He said President Obama is the founder of ISIS,” Kilmeade pointed out. “He just refounded ISIS because they have 30,000 men there and they are already striking back with our would-be evacuation. The president is really on the griddle with this.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/422426-fox-friends-co-host-trump-just-refounded-isis-by-pulling-troops-out

I thought this was interesting and I am not sure this was posted. Will post here. I hope those interested see it.

My take is that even some statements that might be consider over the top have a kernel of truth.

Oceander

« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2018, 08:54:12 pm »
Mattis should run for president just so we can have the campaign slogan: Mad Dog 2020.

:thumbsup:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2018, 09:41:57 pm »
@Applewood

Yeah,thanks to the Clinton and Bush Crime Families,and all the aide money they stole from the Russians after the USSR collapsed.

Russia wanted to be our ally,and would have been if the professional criminal class we call "politicians" hadn't robbed them blind while rubbing their faces in their poverty.

*****rollingeyes*****

You must have hit the eggnog early  to come up with that BS. 

Merry Christmas, Pete.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2018, 10:19:20 pm »
*****rollingeyes*****

You must have hit the eggnog early  to come up with that BS. 

Merry Christmas, Pete.

@Applewood

I was in Russia right after the collapse of communism. In fact I went there twice,and have never went anywhere in my life where the people were friendlier to Americans. They wanted to know all about us,and to be just like us.

And you?

Look up the story on Bubba visiting St.Petersburg a week early to a international economic summit meeting to discuss how Russia was going to survive the first year after the collapse of communism,and the devaluation of the Ruble. Prior to the collapse,it was considered by them to be equal to the dollar. Right after the collapse and Yeltsin took over,it took over 5,000 Ruples to buy 1 US dollar worth of food or other goods. People who had worked all their lives in factories and saved all their money suddenly couldn't buy a loaf of bread with 30 years of savings.

The reason Bubba went early was Yeltsin refused to pay for a shipload of meat bought under contract from Tyson Foods because 40 percent of it arrived rotten. Bubba forced Yeltsin to pay using World Bank money by threatening to cut them off if they didn't pay,and forced Yeltsin to sign a new contract with Tyson Foods to boot.

And this ain't even addressing putting Goober Gore in charge of billions of dollars in World Bank Funds deposited to aid Russia that was deposited in a NYC bank.  Several BILLION dollars in cash went missing despite Goober and a whole team of bankers that were supposed to keep an eye on it,and guess who got indicted and put in jail. A 20-something year old Russian woman with a brand new degree in finance. She was living in NC city as the Russian representative keeping an eye on the World Bank Funds.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2018, 10:32:07 pm »
@Applewood

I was in Russia right after the collapse of communism. In fact I went there twice,and have never went anywhere in my life where the people were friendlier to Americans. They wanted to know all about us,and to be just like us.

And you?

Look up the story on Bubba visiting St.Petersburg a week early to a international economic summit meeting to discuss how Russia was going to survive the first year after the collapse of communism,and the devaluation of the Ruble. Prior to the collapse,it was considered by them to be equal to the dollar. Right after the collapse and Yeltsin took over,it took over 5,000 Ruples to buy 1 US dollar worth of food or other goods. People who had worked all their lives in factories and saved all their money suddenly couldn't buy a loaf of bread with 30 years of savings.

The reason Bubba went early was Yeltsin refused to pay for a shipload of meat bought under contract from Tyson Foods because 40 percent of it arrived rotten. Bubba forced Yeltsin to pay using World Bank money by threatening to cut them off if they didn't pay,and forced Yeltsin to sign a new contract with Tyson Foods to boot.

And this ain't even addressing putting Goober Gore in charge of billions of dollars in World Bank Funds deposited to aid Russia that was deposited in a NYC bank.  Several BILLION dollars in cash went missing despite Goober and a whole team of bankers that were supposed to keep an eye on it,and guess who got indicted and put in jail. A 20-something year old Russian woman with a brand new degree in finance. She was living in NC city as the Russian representative keeping an eye on the World Bank Funds.

@Applewood  @sneakypete

Up until the early 20th century, Russia was one of our best friends in the world and our best trading partner.  You can look it up.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2018, 10:38:43 pm »
@sneakypete

So if what you are saying is true, why would Russia want to be friends with the US?  Because they trust Trump?  You gotta be kidding.

I used to correspond regularly by email with a young man who lived and worked in Moscow.  Before he could no longer "chat " with me, he told me about the lack of freedom, the censorship, persecutions, late night arrests on bogus charges and so on.  He himself was detained for a time.  His email and social media was monitored and apparently, the government didn't like what he told me and others.  He was released, but he felt he had better not keep up our back and forth. 

Russia may technically not be communist, but Putin rules he country like the old Bolsheviks.  Remember he once headed the KGB.  This country is not really free.  And it still has ambitions of taking over the world.  Russia cannot be trusted.  It is not our friend.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2018, 10:43:53 pm »
@Applewood  @sneakypete

Up until the early 20th century, Russia was one of our best friends in the world and our best trading partner.  You can look it up.

That was then.  This is now. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2018, 11:50:42 pm »
@sneakypete

So if what you are saying is true, why would Russia want to be friends with the US?  Because they trust Trump?  You gotta be kidding.

@Applewood

You are one of those people who are dyslexic,aren't you? Here is a hint for you. Trump was not President in the early 90's.

I used to correspond regularly by email with a young man who lived and worked in Moscow.  Before he could no longer "chat " with me, he told me about the lack of freedom, the censorship, persecutions, late night arrests on bogus charges and so on.  He himself was detained for a time.  His email and social media was monitored and apparently, the government didn't like what he told me and others.  He was released, but he felt he had better not keep up our back and forth. 

And this was no doubt AFTER the Clintons and their globalist pals "poisoned the water" and Putin took over.

To give Putin the credit he deserves,he did pretty much clean up the corruption in Russia after taking office. "Rampant" isn't a strong enough word to describe what was going on.

Sadly,he made the corruption official again. No where near as bad as it was under the Soviets,or even under Yeltsin,but still at a level that would stun most Americans.

Russia may technically not be communist, but Putin rules he country like the old Bolsheviks.  Remember he once headed the KGB.

Putin was a lousy Colonel in the KGB. He couldn't see the leadership of the KBG through binoculars from where he sat.

This country is not really free.  And it still has ambitions of taking over the world.  Russia cannot be trusted.  It is not our friend.

Yes,but they WANTED to be our friend and ally,and COULD have been our friend and ally,but Clinton and company taught them all about western corruption.