Author Topic: Mattis to retire at end of February  (Read 10068 times)

Offline bolobaby

Re: Mattis to retire at end of February
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2018, 05:07:33 am »
The smart people are abandoning the sinking ship. You Trump lovers can spin it any way you want, but you LOVED Mattis when he was nominated. The truth is, the adults are leaving the White House to the clowns.

Trump supporters crone on and on about TDS, but the real delusion is with them. 20 years of Democrat presidents looms large because of your lack of judgment in voting this farce into office. And you can say, "But the Supreme Court!" all you want. When the dems get power back, they will shamelessly pack the court and that "victory" will have been snatched from you, too.

Expect Pelosi t order bulldozers to any section of wall that Trump gets built. They'll play it like the Berlin Wall coming down. The MSM will eat it up.

You Trump lovers have screwed the pooch. Every day it gets worse and you STILL can't see it.

Could have had Cruz.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2018, 05:08:41 am »
Yeah. My heart bleeds for foreign nationals who commit crimes here and then are thrown out.

Yeah and mine bleeds for idiots who find themselves as 3 time losers for federal crimes and get sentenced to life, because they don't have the ability to unf**k themselves and live as normal members of society. But, you know, criminal justice reform is great. 👍
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2018, 05:10:09 am »
It's not broken yet, but give the thread a few more pages and it will be totally demolished.

:2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2018, 05:11:27 am »

Yeah and mine bleeds for idiots who find themselves as 3 time losers for federal crimes and get sentenced to life, because they don't have the ability to unf**k themselves and live as normal members of society. But, you know, criminal justice reform is great. 👍

Yeah, but those asshats happen to be AMERICANS unlike Charlie who decided to disregard what we told them to do and sign up to be citizens.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2018, 05:43:27 am »
What does that have to do with now?

@Sanguine I believe that’s called deflection. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2018, 06:12:22 am »
Fox reporting Trump pushed him out and asked for his resignation..

That seems unlikely, because it wasn't handled by John Kelly or done by tweet on AF1.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2018, 10:05:03 am »
Mattis to retire at end of February

By The Hill staff - 12/20/18 05:24 PM EST

Defense Secretary James Mattis will retire at the end of February, President Trump announced on Thursday night.

The announcement comes shortly after the White House said the U.S. would be withdrawing its troops from Syria, a move that came despite reported concerns among Pentagon officials.

@corbe

Mostly concerned about their manpower being cut so their chilruns might not get stars,and concerned about their budgets being cut so they can't play kissy-face with defense contracts and insure they step into a lobbying job once they take off their uniforms.

The way to stop "armies" like ISIS is to put out hits on the leadership,and to seize their bank accounts and place sanctions against anyone that gives them aide,NOT by sending 19 year olf PFC truck drivers off to the Muddle East to be killed by truck bombs. This ain't the 18th Century,and ISIS ain't China.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2018, 10:08:04 am »
  Just speculated that Trump has ordered a Major Drawdown of Troops in Afghanistan and the Syria thing yesterday was just too much for him, perhaps.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,344881.new.html#new

@corbe

Generals are a lot like 8 year olds with hammers,who see everything as a nail. Just because we were fighting wars using teenage boys with rifles in the 1940's doesn't mean we still need to be doing it that way today. Cut off their funding and the enemy soldiers will walk back home when they start to get hungry.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2018, 10:09:02 am »
First Kelly and now Mattis the only two in the administration who are adults, its going to be a long long two years... :shrug:

@montanajoe

You are too impressed by Generals.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2018, 10:15:30 am »
My opinion is this marks the start of the end for Trump.

WHY? Because some General officer who thinks we are still fighting WW-2 gets pissed at not being able to play Eisenhower,and goes looking for a board seat with a defense contractor?

Mattis spot on and a real American hero. I honestly do think it crumbles from hereon, horrible decision and listening to Medved, he reminded us, what goes on in Syria does affect us because the refugees may well flee and go to the West again.

That has to be some of the most confused babble of nonsense I have heard in a long time. Do you SERIOUSLY think a pissant little backwards country like Syria is any threat to the US?

And HOW are Syrian refugees going to come to the US if we don't provide their transportation and let them in? What we SHOULD do to any Syrian refugees who come here who seem to be within barking range of sane is hand them a AK with a mag vest and send them back home.

We are NOT the Worlds Daddy,and we are NOT obligated to take them to raise.

What WE need to do is focus more on America and Americans.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2018, 10:16:28 am »

Medved ought to be for a pullout from Syria then. He likes refugees.

@skeeter

Where does it say we are obligated to take in 3rd world refugees?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2018, 10:23:20 am »
Trump screwed the pooch on this one.  Mad Dog was one of the real ones.  He walked the walk and talked the talk unlike our pretender in chief.

@The Ghost

Yeah,you mean like non-communist Russia is still our enemy,and Communist/Facist China is our pal?

Or do you somehow think being a former battalion commander makes him some sort of heroic combat vet?

We know he is a master at getting board seats with defense contractors.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2018, 10:24:18 am »
I'm with Mr. Trump on this one.

Get out of Syria.
Get out of Iraq
And... get out of Afghanistan... finally.

I guess if Mr. Mattis can't agree with this, well, he can't agree. That's the way things go.

We've wasted enough lives and treasure in those hellholes.
And furthermore, those lives WERE "wasted", because the struggle there is pointless.

The real "struggle" with islam is... RIGHT HERE, at home.
HERE is where the battle will be won or lost .... NOT there.

@Fishrrman

FINALLY!  :amen: :amen: :amen:

We are wasting our time,or treasury,and the lives and health of our young people on these backwards 3rd world pissant countries,when we SHOULD be focused on the VERY real danger that is China.

We are not going to do that,though. Too many of the families that run our government,like the Bush and Clinton families are in business with the Chinese for that to happen.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 10:26:48 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2018, 10:29:32 am »
By leaving Syria we are leaving the Kurds to be decimated....no one in the ME will ever stand with the US again if we have to engage there...Obama did this and now Trump.....prayers for the Kurds.

I am betting this is one reason Mattis has finally had enough..Trump went against all his military advisors on this..just because you are CinC you are NOT all knowing re the military and what is involved...

@mystery-ak

I am more concerned about Americans and America. IF we REALLY wanted we could shut down these Islamic wars within 30 days by seizing bank accounts and taking out hits on the facilitators.  This is NOT the 18th Century,and we do NOT need to meet the enemy with bayonet charges.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2018, 10:34:59 am »
For those of us who work at the Pentagon, this is bad news.

No doubt. Tunnel vision. Nothing personal,but the Pentagram has a certain focus,and tends to see everything through that filter.

For the American people, many of whom never think about DoD, this is also bad news.

No,it's great news.

Now,let's focus on the REAL threat to America,the freaking Chinese!

Secretary Mattis, thank you for having our moral backs during this...interesting...time. :patriot:

HorseHillary! The ignorant SOB was still fighting the Cold War with a WW-2 mindset.  It is mindless robots like him that who are stuck in the past that are responsible for the US and Russia not being allies,while completely ignoring the very real danger that is China.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2018, 10:37:00 am »
Just think of all the increased immigrants we’ll have now, all of whom will have valid claims for asylum due in large part to the US abdication on leadership overseas. 

I thought part of Trumps schtick was that he was going to reduce immigration, not increase it.  :shrug:

@Oceander

Stop and ponder that pile of stupid you posted for a while. It might take months,but sooner or later you MIGHT realize what a brain fart that is,STARTING with the FACT that we do not have to give asylum to ANYBODY.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2018, 10:39:16 am »
@The Ghost

Yeah,you mean like non-communist Russia is still our enemy,and Communist/Facist China is our pal?

Russia is still our enemy, despite Trump cozying up to Putin and acting like Putin is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Russia cannot be trusted. 

There is no law that says China is our only enemy and we can have no other.  Believe me, this country has plenty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2018, 10:39:20 am »
It sends a very bad message.  It basically says that if you ever agree to work with the Americans, you will eventually be hung out to dry in the worst way possible.

@Oceander

Maybe the REAL message it sends is "The US ain't your freaking daddy! We might give you some help to get you started,but it is up to you to win your own damn wars!"

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2018, 10:40:22 am »

HorseHillary! The ignorant SOB was still fighting the Cold War with a WW-2 mindset.  It is mindless robots like him that who are stuck in the past that are responsible for the US and Russia not being allies,while completely ignoring the very real danger that is China.

Agreed! 

When we have Israel living right next door and we have the tech to LITERALLY drop bombs down a chimney, why is it OUR duty to maintain their status quo.

Both the USA and Russia want Assad in charge in Syria.  If he needs us on the ground once again, we'll be there.

...unless there is an Obama or Clinton in the White House.   wink777
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2018, 10:41:32 am »
GOP lawmaker hits Trump after news of Mattis resignation: ‘That’s what happens when you ignore sound military advice’
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/422385-gop-lawmaker-hits-trump-after-news-of-mattis-resignation-thats-what-happens

@mystery-ak

AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), an Air Force veteran, .....

ROFLMAO! Lady Lindsey is a USAF veteran,too. I understand he even got several paper cuts while on active duty!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2018, 01:20:10 pm »
@skeeter

Where does it say we are obligated to take in 3rd world refugees?

Ask Michael Medved. I would be delighted if we stopped everything for ten years.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2018, 01:42:57 pm »

I would be delighted if we stopped everything for ten years.

@skeeter

Me,too,but if we tried that the unemployment numbers would rise,and this would make the politicians unhappy.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2018, 02:06:37 pm »
@Sanguine I believe that’s called deflection.

Writ large....in crayon.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2018, 02:43:39 pm »
Writ large....in crayon.

Too bad they got eaten....

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2018, 02:45:35 pm »
Too bad they got eaten....

Troublemaker.