Author Topic: Trump tells GOP he won't sign stopgap, threatening shutdown  (Read 4667 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump tells GOP he won't sign stopgap, threatening shutdown
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2018, 02:02:50 am »

He won’t nuke option it.

Nope.  He doesn't even want it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2018, 02:06:01 am »
   How many Christmases have we gone through this $hit?  6 or 7?  They're all useless.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2018, 02:18:05 am »
   How many Christmases have we gone through this $hit?  6 or 7?  They're all useless.

I'm on about 25-26 by my count.  Since Billy-Job.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2018, 02:24:31 am »
 8888mistltoe
Funny. I didn't read President Trumps quote in any of that. Can't find where anyone was shamed either. Just some soothsaying and low grade bullshit.

I guess you missed the post above about Sarah Sanders' statement.  Trump told her he'd sign the CR because he had other ways to fund the wall.

Now he's flip-flopped because of Rush and Ann Coulter.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2018, 02:41:29 am »
Steadfast principles would demand a veto and a continued veto no matter what.  The spending in question here has already been deemed "non-essential".  Point to the $1 trillion deficit, and declare that we simply can't afford non-essential spending at this time.

It pays for itself.  Do you know how much illegal immigrants cost this country?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2018, 02:42:01 am »
8888mistltoe
I guess you missed the post above about Sarah Sanders' statement.  Trump told her he'd sign the CR because he had other ways to fund the wall.

@LauraTXNM!  Tackle Hug!!  Merry Christmas!   7777sleigh
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2018, 02:43:47 am »
8888mistltoe

Trump doesn't like it when they don't love him.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2018, 02:53:14 am »

:mauslaff:

Freakin awesome!  Thank you so much!
I will NOT comply.

Offline verga

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2018, 03:07:37 am »
BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2018, 04:22:24 am »
And whatever they do—no money paid for work not done. This is a shutdown, not a paid vacation!

Word.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2018, 05:10:48 am »
Tump just wings it day to day... No plan or strategy based on any underlying principles. It just comes down to how hard the wind is blowing that day.

But isn't that exactly what a populist does?

It is why you shouldn't go to bat for a populist. You'll find yourself suddenly abandon as the winds shift direction.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2018, 05:26:21 am »
And whatever they do—no money paid for work not done. This is a shutdown, not a paid vacation!

One of the affected areas will be DHS. Irony abounds the Border Patrol will have to keep working for free. Another section under DHS is the Secret Service. No pay for protective detail, while they're following him around Mar-a-Lago for the next 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 05:26:54 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2018, 10:42:19 am »
Don't point a finger at the President because so many folks here prefer to argue over rumors for days rather than wait and know what's actually happening.  Some just never learn.    :shrug:

(Highlighted for emphasis) It’s been a wonder to behold how Trump has upset their apple cart. The moment he announced his candidacy left them gobsmacked and discombobulated. They haven’t been able to see straight since.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2018, 10:45:21 am »
Trump doesn't like it when they don't love him.

LOL!

Rush Limbaugh got Pres. Trump's attention....same way NFL quarterbacks do when they get sacked from the blindside.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2018, 10:54:38 am »
(Highlighted for emphasis) It’s been a wonder to behold how Trump has upset their apple cart. The moment he announced his candidacy left them gobsmacked and discombobulated. They haven’t been able to see straight since.

We both predicted this would happen, @aligncare

This is the closest the NTs have come to thinking their behavior these past 3 years is warranted.  They are giddy.

Forget what history would have given us under a Hillary presidency and supreme court.

That said, doing two 180's on the shutdown, together with tweeting about withdrawing from Syria before discussing it with his generals are huge mistakes.  It's been a very bad week for the POTUS.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2018, 12:26:48 pm »
It pays for itself.  Do you know how much illegal immigrants cost this country?

:bigsilly:

Let me say that again:

Oceander

« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2018, 12:28:31 pm »

/snicker

Yeah, and I guess that statement from the White House a day or so ago about not wanting a shutdown and being willing to sign without The Wall was just a fake news release from the White House?

You are so pathetic.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2018, 01:56:38 pm »
So another useless Government shutdown is about to happen..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2018, 02:12:22 pm »

Let me say that again:

Why do you think that's funny?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2018, 02:13:17 pm »
So another useless Government shutdown is about to happen..

Looks like.