Author Topic: Judge orders deported asylum seekers to be returned to US, in Trump administration rebuke  (Read 1325 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
As long as we have judges like this the sovereignty of our country is in grave danger.

Judge orders deported asylum seekers to be returned to US, in Trump administration rebuke

A federal judge on Wednesday took the extraordinary step of ordering that asylum seekers who sued after their deportation be returned to the U.S. to have their claims heard anew, ruling against the Trump administration's revised asylum policies.

The ruling from U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan in Washington came a day after the same judge presided over a contentious sentencing hearing for former national security adviser Michael Flynn -- in which he questioned whether the ex-White House official committed “treason” and accused him of selling out the United States to foreign interests. He later delayed Flynn’s sentencing until 2019, as part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

In his sweeping ruling Wednesday against the Trump administration's immigration policies, Sullivan said recent changes violated federal law......

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judge-orders-deported-asylum-seekers-to-be-returned-to-us-in-trump-administration-rebuke

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This guy is the ultimate DC insider.  He was born in the District and has never gone to school or worked outside the District.

He sure is taking advantage of his 15 minutes of fame.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
This guy is the ultimate DC insider.  He was born in the District and has never gone to school or worked outside the District.

He sure is taking advantage of his 15 minutes of fame.

Yes and in the process placing a huge threat to the sovereignty of our country.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Appointed by both Republicans and Democrats.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Last week, he was the darling of Fox News pundits, who swore he’d throw out the Flynn case and rebuke Mueller.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Last week, he was the darling of Fox News pundits, who swore he’d throw out the Flynn case and rebuke Mueller.

Didn't know that.  They are as confused as Trump.  In fact the entire Republican party doesn't know if its coming or going.  Hopelessly divided.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://twitter.com/allahpundit/status/1075578993997438979
Allahpundit  @allahpundit

Trump needs the Redskins to sign Kaepernick so he can bail out of this news cycle
6:29 PM - 19 Dec 2018

Offline edpc

https://twitter.com/allahpundit/status/1075578993997438979
Allahpundit  @allahpundit

Trump needs the Redskins to sign Kaepernick so he can bail out of this news cycle
6:29 PM - 19 Dec 2018

He likes being in the news, if he’s dictating the story. That’s probably why he made this sudden move regarding Syria. Just wait until he pulls the ‘fire and fury’ talk back out of the drawer.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/nkorea-says-wont-denuclearize-unless-us-removes-threat-053753480.html

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

So you agree with the ruling then?
The Republic is lost.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Amazing that this judge is more powerful than POTUS.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline edpc

So you agree with the ruling then?

How did you get that out of what I said? I’m laughing at those placing faith in his supposed no-nonsense record. Wonder what they’re thinking now?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Isn't this the Judge who threatened Flynn he'd create a charge of Treason out of thin air if he didn't accept Mueller's plea deal?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

How did you get that out of what I said? I’m laughing at those placing faith in his supposed no-nonsense record. Wonder what they’re thinking now?

As I stated on another thread, I never trust any judge that Mueller will try a case before, but the only people I could see caring about the point that you're trying to make might be some gossipy 8th grade cheerleaders, if the topic was of interest their bubble headed brains.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

We live in a lawless society, where any trip to a courtroom is a crap shoot.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

I'm wondering why thats important to you.

Offline edpc

We live in a lawless society, where any trip to a courtroom is a crap shoot.

Not quite. He asked the prosecution if they had ever considered that charge. That, of course, would have been absurd.

Offline edpc

I'm wondering why thats important to you.

Perhaps you’re mistaking curiosity and amusement for importance.

Offline skeeter

Perhaps you’re mistaking curiosity and amusement for importance.

Obviously its important enough to make sure everyone knows it.

Offline edpc

Obviously its important enough to make sure everyone knows it.

Who doesn’t love to share a good laugh?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Not quite. He asked the prosecution if they had ever considered that charge. That, of course, would have been absurd.

I thought that when I first heard about the Judge's diatribe.  The point seemed to be:  If the prosecutors believe Flynn is guilty of everything they're accusing him of, then Treason should be the charge.  Then I read all of what the Judge stated, and it sounded more like he was threatening Flynn after calling him everything in the book. 

Could be just my non-lawyer perspective.
I will NOT comply.