Author Topic: Ann Coulter says she won't vote for Trump without border wall  (Read 3656 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ann Coulter says she won't vote for Trump without border wall
« on: December 19, 2018, 06:19:03 pm »
By Avery Anapol - 12/19/18 01:04 PM EST

Conservative commentator Ann Coulter said Wednesday that she won’t vote to re-elect President Trump if no progress has been made on the U.S.-Mexico border wall by 2020.

In a podcast interview with the Daily Caller, Coulter blasted the Trump presidency, saying it will have been a “joke” without the wall.

“Why would you [vote for him again]?” she said. “To make sure, I don’t know, Ivanka [Trump] and Jared [Kushner] can make money? That seems to be the main point of the presidency at this point.”

“They’re about to have a country where no Republican will ever be elected president again,” she added. “Trump will just have been a joke presidency who scammed the American people, amused the populists for a while, but he’ll have no legacy whatsoever."

Her comments come as Trump battles with lawmakers over legislation to fund the government through the end of the year.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/422093-ann-coulter-says-she-wont-vote-for-trump-without-border-wall
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: Ann Coulter says she won't vote for Trump without border wall
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 06:32:17 pm »
I can't blame her for being bitter. I have the same thoughts today.

I'm praying there's some wonderful sleight of hand going on that I'm not seeing, but I doubt it. If Trump really has caved on the wall, especially after his big show with nancy & chuckie, his credibility and ability to get anything meaningful done is over. I see no reason to support him or the Pubs in 2020 if he's surrendered on immigration.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline the_doc

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 06:44:26 pm »
I'm praying there's some wonderful sleight of hand going on that I'm not seeing, but I doubt it.

Wait a little while longer.  I think you will be shocked. 

There is actually a lot more than the wall that's going to happen.  You won't see the MSM telegraphing any of this.

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 06:46:46 pm »

There is actually a lot more than the wall that's going to happen.  You won't see the MSM telegraphing any of this.

Let's hope and pray you're right.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 06:50:34 pm »
#1 issue?
The wall.
Without it?
1 and done.
But again, like most things President Trump says or floats out there gets reworked or reworded in a few days.
We shall see.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 07:00:32 pm »
Trump is neither a king nor a dictator.   Congress must appropriate money for the wall.   Trump cannot wave a gun or a magic wand to force Congress to act.

That brain-dead morons like Coulter won't vote for Trump because they don't understand how our Constitutional Republic works,  is of zero consequence.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 07:05:52 pm »
Trump is neither a king nor a dictator.   Congress must appropriate money for the wall.   Trump cannot wave a gun or a magic wand to force Congress to act.

That brain-dead morons like Coulter won't vote for Trump because they don't understand how our Constitutional Republic works,  is of zero consequence.   

No one denies this, except Trump himself, on the campaign trail.
"I" will, instead of "We" will was a pretty common theme.

"Nobody can do _____better than me, this I can tell you".

We all may have known better, but some didn't bother to learn it.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 07:07:52 pm »

Then maybe Trumpie bear should not have promised that he would get it done ....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 07:15:41 pm »

Do tell.  As of right now a judge has ordered that asylum seekers who were deported be returned to the U.S. which is going against what Trump has done.  The judge has stated that what was done breaks federal laws.

Even IF Trump had the $$ to build the wall, he would have judges, lawyers, LaRaza and other civil rights groups, environmentalists, etc., tying his hands.  Heck the Senate won't even stand behind the shutdown right now.

What the heck is Mitch thinking??  Gee he was doing fine just before the midterms and now he's back to siding with the leftists.  Can't help but wonder what does Nancy have on him?? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 07:34:12 pm »

What the heck is Mitch thinking??  Gee he was doing fine just before the midterms and now he's back to siding with the leftists.  Can't help but wonder what does Nancy have on him??

She has nothing on him.  This is Mitch being Mitch.  The same man who secretly worked behind the scenes with Obama to help get his agenda through the senate.

He's every bit the liar and shyster Ted Cruz very accurately accused him of being.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 07:48:47 pm »
She has nothing on him.  This is Mitch being Mitch.  The same man who secretly worked behind the scenes with Obama to help get his agenda through the senate.

He's every bit the liar and shyster Ted Cruz very accurately accused him of being.

I was definitely wrong to see some hope that he had changed.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2018, 08:23:30 pm »

She already did.  Her Presidential dream candidate campaigned in support of touchback amnesty.  She should be proud of Trump right now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 08:31:18 pm »
Do tell.  As of right now a judge has ordered that asylum seekers who were deported be returned to the U.S. which is going against what Trump has done.  The judge has stated that what was done breaks federal laws.

Even IF Trump had the $$ to build the wall, he would have judges, lawyers, LaRaza and other civil rights groups, environmentalists, etc., tying his hands.  Heck the Senate won't even stand behind the shutdown right now.

Like most of the GOP Mitch is a fraud pretending he doesn't agree with the 'rats on most issues 90% of the time.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 08:34:56 pm »
@Oceander
@libertybele
Then maybe Trumpie bear should not have promised that he would get it done ....

Presidents frequently get blocked on this-or-that objective.  But they ordinarily don't say "I'll try my best" while on the campaign trail.  (Maybe they should, as you point out, but they won't.)

In Trump's case, I believe he will get his wall, along with quite a few prison scalps and even some trophy heads

Whether we like Trump or not, a huge percentage of Americans are royally P.O.d at the Dems and the lying MSM, not at Trump.  We'll always have Ann Coulter types blaming Trump, so I wouldn't pay any attention to them on the Web, on the air, or even on TBR.   I suspect that Trump will have to use the military to build the wall, likely triggering a District Court injunction, forcing the case up the judicial ladder, likely all the way to SCOTUS--where I expect he will win based on national security responsibilities that are peculiar to the President's office and cannot be usurped by Congress.

The delays Trump has faced are part of his due diligence to prove that obstructionism is jeopardizing national security--thereby forcing him to use the military in defiance of Congress.  The caravans were a godsend for Trump in this regard. 

Anyway, I'm convinced that Trump is willing and able to keep this promise, along with a few others that are still not kept (e.g., "Lock her up").  For now, he is just being careful.  (You would be careful in his situation, too, considering the harpies and hyenas that are trying to destroy him for some arguably impeachable crime [if he ever steps in one or another].)

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 08:44:12 pm »
Trump won a lot of votes on his promise to get a reliable U.S.-Mexico bnrder wall built. Ain't difficult to see that he wouldn't get votes out of some of those people if he doesn't keep his word.
I won't accept.

Offline corbe

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2018, 08:57:32 pm »
   There will be no WALL, the dems want the votes and the Chamber (who bankrolls the GOP) wants the cheap labor. 
   Yall been sold a wet dream for the real thing again. 
   Screw Ann Coulter, Hannity and Rush, they sold you out.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2018, 10:08:56 pm »
   There will be no WALL, the dems want the votes and the Chamber (who bankrolls the GOP) wants the cheap labor. 

When Trump comes out and states that he's proud to shut down the government for border security and then the head of the Senate proposes to keep the gov't open till Feb. 8th ... here's your sign!

Oceander

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2018, 10:54:38 pm »
@Oceander
@libertybele
Presidents frequently get blocked on this-or-that objective.  But they ordinarily don't say "I'll try my best" while on the campaign trail.  (Maybe they should, as you point out, but they won't.)

In Trump's case, I believe he will get his wall, along with quite a few prison scalps and even some trophy heads

Whether we like Trump or not, a huge percentage of Americans are royally P.O.d at the Dems and the lying MSM, not at Trump.  We'll always have Ann Coulter types blaming Trump, so I wouldn't pay any attention to them on the Web, on the air, or even on TBR.   I suspect that Trump will have to use the military to build the wall, likely triggering a District Court injunction, forcing the case up the judicial ladder, likely all the way to SCOTUS--where I expect he will win based on national security responsibilities that are peculiar to the President's office and cannot be usurped by Congress.

The delays Trump has faced are part of his due diligence to prove that obstructionism is jeopardizing national security--thereby forcing him to use the military in defiance of Congress.  The caravans were a godsend for Trump in this regard. 

Anyway, I'm convinced that Trump is willing and able to keep this promise, along with a few others that are still not kept (e.g., "Lock her up").  For now, he is just being careful.  (You would be careful in his situation, too, considering the harpies and hyenas that are trying to destroy him for some arguably impeachable crime [if he ever steps in one or another].)

Well just have to agree to disagree, then. Such is life.

As far as I’m concerned, Trump either lied about his commitment to a wall, or - as is more likely - his negotiating skills simply aren’t up to the task: logrolling with a bunch of experienced politicians is very different from trying to part a bunch of rubes from their money in a real estate swindle, I mean deal.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2018, 11:26:55 pm »

http://www.anncoulter.com/
GUTLESS PRESIDENT IN WALL-LESS COUNTRY
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2018, 11:59:03 pm »

"Screw Ann Coulter, Hannity and Rush, they sold you out."

:thumbsup:

Offline the_doc

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2018, 12:01:47 am »
  "Screw Ann Coulter, Hannity and Rush, they sold you out."

:thumbsup:

Come on guys, Trump ain't finished yet. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2018, 12:06:15 am »
   I respectfully disagree @the_doc

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2018, 12:06:37 am »
http://www.anncoulter.com/
GUTLESS PRESIDENT IN WALL-LESS COUNTRY
Yikes!!! I read the whole article. Here was a person ready to anoint Trump "Greatest Person Of All Time" and now she's ready to throw him under the bus.
Why did so many people fall for his act?  I know all candidates promise things they can't deliver, but he virtually assured his Devoted Followers that the wall would be built.
I don't like Trump, but I thought for sure that would be the one thing he'd get done if he wanted to get re-elected. Ten billion for thieves in Mexico and Central America but nothing for a wall?
I don't see how he gets re-elected.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2018, 12:06:53 am »

If we only could have primaries him the last time he ran.  Didn't some guy from New York show up at the last minute with a checkbook and save Mitch's political ass?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2018, 12:11:15 am »
   Yes, and within 6 months he had eradicated the Tea Party, as promised, with said funds.