Author Topic: BRILLIANT! Ted Cruz Calls For $14 Billion Seized From El Chapo To Fund Border Wall  (Read 4354 times)

rangerrebew

BRILLIANT! Ted Cruz Calls For $14 Billion Seized From El Chapo To Fund Border Wall
December 19, 2018 Martin

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, has a brilliant idea on how to fully pay for the border wall between the U.S. and Mexico.

According to Breitbart, Cruz introduced the Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order (EL CHAPO) Act on Tuesday, which calls for the use of $14 billion seized from cartel drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman to be used to pay for the wall.

“Fourteen billion dollars will go a long way toward building a wall that will keep Americans safe and hinder the illegal flow of drugs, weapons, and individuals across our southern border,” Cruz stated.

https://ilovemyfreedom.org/brilliant-ted-cruz-calls-for-14-billion-seized-from-el-chapo-to-fund-border-wall/?utm_source=patriots&utm_medium=email
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 05:31:47 pm by rangerrebew »

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
He made this suggestion a long time ago and it fell on deaf ears.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline RoosGirl

Pfft, like any of that money is still around.

Online corbe

I agree @RoosGirl Congress had already appropriated the funds with the Secure Fence Act in 2006 with GWB, but Sen. Kay Bailey (whom Cruz replaced) introduced Legislation that reappropriated those funds to the Dept. of Education, El Chapo's money has probably already been spent by Sheriffs dept's all across the Country buying souped up Camaros.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I like it.  Great idea.

Offline Hoodat

He made this suggestion a long time ago and it fell on deaf ears.

Even worse, it fell upon Republican ears.

At this point, it is crystal clear that Republicans are not interested in protecting our border, not funding Planned Parenthood, reducing spending, or investigating Democrats tied to this Russian Collusion nonsense.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

At this point, it is crystal clear that Republicans are not interested in protecting our border, not funding Planned Parenthood, reducing spending, or investigating Democrats tied to this Russian Collusion nonsense.

Yes it fell on deaf GOP ears.  The RINO's in Congress are still out to undermine this presidency and they are more than happy to have things remain status quo.  The don't feel that the corruption that most are a party to and the demise of this country will ever affect them.  They feel that they will continue to benefit and profit.

IMHO they are dead wrong.  They will eventually sell each other out and will have nowhere to run.  In fact, I believe they will become the most impacted as they have the farthest to fall.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruz voted on funding Planned Parenthood twice, I'm sorry  if it appears he's joining the uniparty the longer he is in DC.

He's said this before about Border Wall funding. Why doesnt he put this in a bill? I think in the previous discussion, there was some red tape involved in releasing the funds but it could be done, additionally with, yes, new laws concerning that. It could have veen discussed back in the 2016 Republican candidate campaign.

Offline RoosGirl

Cruz voted on funding Planned Parenthood twice, I'm sorry  if it appears he's joining the uniparty the longer he is in DC.

He's said this before about Border Wall funding. Why doesnt he put this in a bill? I think in the previous discussion, there was some red tape involved in releasing the funds but it could be done, additionally with, yes, new laws concerning that. It could have veen discussed back in the 2016 Republican candidate campaign.

Sounds like it is in a bill, the (so cleverly named  *****rollingeyes***** ) EL CHAPO Act.

Offline TomSea

Did he actually try and introduce a bill on this? Introduce it in commitee?

Offline RoosGirl

Did he actually try and introduce a bill on this? Introduce it in commitee?

This article just said he introduced it.  It doesn't say where.  Could have been to one of his 5 mistresses to get her hot.

Online corbe

This article just said he introduced it.  It doesn't say where.  Could have been to one of his 5 mistresses to get her hot.

Or a late filing to the Warren Commission to absolve his daddy of any wrongdoing. 
   I swear @TomSea hatred of Ted borders on @sneakypete  hatred of anything Bush, I love them both but isn't there a pill for that?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

Or a late filing to the Warren Commission to absolve his daddy of any wrongdoing. 
   I swear @TomSea hatred of Ted borders on @sneakypete  hatred of anything Bush, I love them both but isn't there a pill for that?

I think they took it already, and the 4 hour timeframe before you call your doctor is WAY past.

Offline TomSea

Online corbe

Actually @TomSea I must admit that at times you post more positively of Ted than I do.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

And Cruz gets media credits(?) for floating a s$$t useless, wasn't goig to happen anyway, pie in the sky piece of self aggrandizing PR.

El Chapo is Mex jurisdiction. Any $ that Govt Gets out of him will be Staying in Mexico.

Blowhard.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online corbe

El Chapo's organization had $Billions deposited in American Banks, particularly Wells Fargo and Bank of America, I believe.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
   El Chapo's organization had $Billions deposited in American Banks, particularly Wells Fargo and Bank of America, I believe.

That's the way I understand it.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Even if he does, the second it goes before another Leftist Judge, they toss asset forfiture right out the window, because Trump, . . . . or something.

As for Cruz, I rather see him pull his head out of his A@@ and TRY getting the requisite votes together to just Build the freakin wall the right way, . . . . but there's no political capital in that since it won't have His name on it for the year and a half our joke Courts play volley-ball with it.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Even if he does, the second it goes before another Leftist Judge, they toss asset forfiture right out the window, because Trump, . . . . or something.

As for Cruz, I rather see him pull his head out of his A@@ and TRY getting the requisite votes together to just Build the freakin wall the right way, . . . . but there's no political capital in that since it won't have His name on it for the year and a half our joke Courts play volley-ball with it.

Dood  - he came up with a way to fund it and more and you complain?   :shrug:

Online corbe

I just don't get it @Sanguine, Sure they hated him when he said 'Vote your conscience' at their closed party in 2016 but now he's in the Executive Car (Caboose) on the Trump Train and they still have a boner for him.   :shrug:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
   I just don't get it @Sanguine, Sure they hated him when he said 'Vote your conscience' at their closed party in 2016 but now he's in the Executive Car (Caboose) on the Trump Train and they still have a boner for him.   :shrug:

@corbe you just can't fix stupid.   :shrug:

Offline TomSea

@corbe you just can't fix stupid.   :shrug:

@libertybele @corbe

Yeah, well, who are you speaking to?

Liberty Belle gives the same boorish speech about "Oh, I think Trump is going to work with the Democrats if they are in charge",  this is turned back on someone and Corbe goes bananas,.

By the way, Cruz has aligned himself clearly with Trump, something Corbe certainly did not and Liberty was talking up the Constitution party before the election.

So, Corbe doesn't even support what Cruz says, Get a life, he has to slander people with a lazy argument calling people haters.

And as for LibertyBele, hey, if this bill would work, obviously, it would go somewhere, it hasn't and Cruz has done that much on Cap Hill, no more than Paul, Rubio and so on.  Yes, he says some of the right things, he also had a campaign that had a lot of tricks and I supported him before that became seemingly like every state.

And that "voters" thread whatever it was last night, how we saw some that didn't mind joining in the fun.

Touche.

Offline TomSea

Really, what's the hold up, if it is such a great bill, why are we hearing nothing about it. Yeah, we got it from the Cruz-ers, cause everyone is against Ted, he thought up the border wall by himself, etc. etc. etc.

People dish it out, and they will hear some responses.

Offline TomSea

The Breitbart article is from April 2017, that is its date, so this is some old article.  Cruz said this over a year ago. I'm sorry, you will find responses if you trash the president daily but some bill that sounds like it can't even get out of committee is some great accomplishment.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2017/04/25/ted-cruz-calls-14-billion-seized-el-chapo-fund-border-wall/

There's some hold up, yeah, it's everyone else's fault.