Author Topic: British woman who died in Mexico was flown home without her eyes, heart and BRAIN ...  (Read 1068 times)

Online mountaineer

British woman who died in Mexico was flown home without her eyes, heart and BRAIN 'after they were stolen by organ traffickers'
    Amanda Gill died at Hospital de Cos, which prosecutor says is a 'very bad' place
    Medical centre claims her organs were intact when body was given to police
    But when the body returned to the UK only organ in place was her lower bowel
    Left postmortem unable to determine what she died off while she was travelling

By Sebastian Murphy-bates For Mailonline
Published: 04:31 EST, 9 December 2018 | Updated: 10:14 EST, 9 December 2018

A dead British tourist's body was returned to her family with no eyes, heart or brain after she died in a Mexican hospital.

Organ traffickers are feared to be the reason that 41-year-old Amanda Gill's corpse came home with every vital parts missing other than her lower bowel. ... Daily Mail
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rustynail

Was she found by a yellow brick road?

Offline mirraflake

We went to Cozumel 20 years ago and I felt unsafe back then.  2 streets over from the tourist areas was houses..er shacks  made out of tin with no windows or doors.

You would see women walking back from the bars to the hotel  at night by themselves Geez I though that was dumb back then.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Good grief.  This is gruesome.

Online mountaineer

I wouldn't vacation in Mexico for any amount of money.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

No, I wouldn't either.

Offline mirraflake

Mexico is just plain weird.  Outside of Cozumel you would see a million dollar house with a 12 foot security wall right next door to a shack with garbage a foot thick in the yard. Zero zoning.
@mountaineer
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 10:04:52 pm by mirraflake »

Online andy58-in-nh

There is no reason to go to Mexico when there are so many far safer tropical alternatives: Belize, Costa Rica, Panama, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador.... hell, even Brazil is safer than Mexico. Some of it, anyway.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Applewood

We went to Cozumel 20 years ago and I felt unsafe back then.  2 streets over from the tourist areas was houses..er shacks  made out of tin with no windows or doors.

You would see women walking back from the bars to the hotel  at night by themselves Geez I though that was dumb back then.

I've mentioned this before -- I have family members who vacation in Mexico and love it.  They rave about the beaches.  Big wup!  I say we have some prime beaches right here in the US.  And unlike in Mexico, you can venture away from the resort without worrying about being mugged or worse.  Sure, there is crime and poverty in the US, but nothing like in that rat trap called Mexico.

Offline LadyLiberty

I haven't been to Mexico in 25 years and I have no interest in ever going back.

We have fallen in love with the Exumas, a 365 island chain that is a district in the Bahamas.  Great and Little Exuma are a night and day difference from Nassau.  Lightly populated and not a tourist trap.  Unspoiled and largely undeveloped.  Very friendly people and low crime with no worry of accidentally finding yourself in a bad neighborhood because there aren't any.  It has a very small town feel where everyone knows everyone else (guess you can't get by with much when everyone knows who you are).  People leave their keys in their cars and think nothing of hitchhiking or offering a ride to someone walking on the road.  Lots of deserted beaches, and the water looks like Windex or liquid neon (see my avatar, no filter used).

We were sitting in a small mom and pop (lol they are all mom and pop there) open air restaurant eating lunch a couple of years ago about three days before Christmas.  The lady that owns and runs the place (her husband catches the fish fresh every day and her mom runs the best bakery next door with the most amazing rum cake ever) is Miss Dee.  She fed the cast and crew of Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest every night when they were filming on a nearby cay.  She has a great photo album from that time, Johnny Depp and all.  She invited everyone eating at the restaurant, probably 20 or so people, to come to her home for a Christmas party.  That's when we realized how truly different this place was -- she had no reservations about opening up her home and hospitality to complete strangers.

You can keep Mexico where the cartels rule and heads get chopped off.

Online mountaineer

Sounds lovely, @LadyLiberty !