Author Topic: “Experts”: U.S. Will Never Beat Jihadis Unless They Give Them Money and Power  (Read 793 times)

rangerrebew

“Experts”: U.S. Will Never Beat Jihadis Unless They Give Them Money and Power
Failed analysts keep pushing failed policies.
December 17, 2018
Robert Spencer

AFP reported Saturday that “experts” say “Western powers fighting Islamist groups around the globe are condemned to a never-ending battle if they only tackle the symptoms and not the underlying causes of jihadist insurgency.” That is true, but these establishment “experts” have no idea of the actual underlying causes, and are recommending the same counterterror remedies that have failed again and again.

“The West is on the road to winning all the battles and losing the war,” warns Katherine Zimmerman, who wrote a recent report for the American Enterprise Institute. On that, Zimmerman is actually right. But she and her fellow analysts are clueless about how to win it. They demonstrate in this AFP article that they haven’t the first foggiest clue as to what those underlying causes of “jihadist insurgency” really are, and have learned nothing over the last seventeen years of failed analysis, failed policies, and failed foreign misadventures.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/272258/experts-us-will-never-beat-jihadis-unless-they-robert-spencer

rangerrebew

They won't be defeated as long as do gooders, social justice warriors, the MSM, democrats, and spineless politicians keep it from happening. *hmmmm*

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
I don't have any trouble at all with giving them money:

From the price of a properly aimed .223 bullet to a 155mm Howitzer shell.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline goatprairie

I won't be around (I think), but future western democracies (if they're still around...debatable) in the next fifty to one hundred years might have to make some terrible decisions concerning members of a certain religious sect that won't stop slaughtering people and threaten to detonate nuclear devices.
People don't want to think about the possibility of having to take extreme measures to stop innocent millions i.e. infidels from being killed in very large numbers by fanatic Muslims. I'm talking concentration camps/sterilization maybe more extreme measures to keep the lunatics from killing or oppressing non-Muslims.
Certainly, the Chinese won't think twice about using extreme measures  if the human slime threatens them.

Offline Absalom

As Leadership in one nation/state after another abandons its core
principles and values, becoming ever more pious and sanctimonious
in the process; its mortal enemies become ever bolder and contemptuous.
The end result is as predictable as 1+1.
Rome endured for 12 centuries because its enemies understood
that Rome relished hatred as long as their enemies feared.
But we're much too worried about feelings for that.

Offline DB

The Crusades happened for a reason.

Islam can be tamed.