Author Topic: GOP pollster says most evangelicals prioritize Trump's agenda over behavior  (Read 413 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
12/17/2018

Republican pollster Conor Maguire said on Monday that evangelical voters are likely to prioritize Trump's policy agenda over his personal behavior.

"He absolutely is," Maguire told Hill.TV's Joe Concha on "What America's Thinking," when asked if Trump is appeasing evangelical voters who might otherwise question his actions through his policies.

"We're talking moving the [embassy] in Israel [to Jerusalem]. Those are some of the things that people really stand for," he continued.

"Appointing conservative judges and getting them through the confirmation process. These are things that evangelicals really care about, claims and promises the president made during the campaign trail," he said.

"I think people are really focused on getting things accomplished," he continued.

more
https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/421733-gop-pollster-says-most-evangelicals-will-prioritize-trumps
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Republican pollster Conor Maguire said on Monday that evangelical voters are likely to prioritize Trump's policy agenda over his personal behavior.

It's been more than a pleasant surprise to see a POTUS who is more understanding of and supportive of the issues we believe in than any of the Born Again Christians we previously had.

I know we are supposed to turn our backs on him because of his past behavior, his language, his forceful attacks on his enemies and his insistence on trying to do what he campaigned on, but we knew before he was elected that he had not been a choir boy and that he was not a gentleman. He is a rough, straight talking, in your face billionaire who doesn't know how to quit and seems to have limitless energy. God Bless him.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"evangelical voters are likely to prioritize Trump's policy agenda over his personal behavior."

They're smart and pragmatic to do so.

I've said here before, and I'll say it again:
I prefer the unruly or the corrupt politician who leaves me alone and supports the things that I believe in, over the squeaky-clean politician who raises my taxes and fails to defend my freedoms.