Author Topic: Trump: 'Unfair' coverage should be tested in courts  (Read 1800 times)

Offline corbe

Trump: 'Unfair' coverage should be tested in courts
« on: December 16, 2018, 05:19:29 pm »

BY KYLE BALLUCK - 12/16/18 09:07 AM EST

President Trump early Sunday ripped “one sided" and "unfair” media coverage, saying it should be tested in courts.

"A REAL scandal is the one sided coverage, hour by hour, of networks like NBC & Democrat spin machines like Saturday Night Live," he tweeted.

"It is all nothing less than unfair news coverage and Dem commercials. Should be tested in courts, can’t be legal? Only defame & belittle! Collusion?"

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/421574-trump-unfair-coverage-should-be-tested-in-courts
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump: 'Unfair' coverage should be tested in courts
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 05:25:14 pm »
Yeah, let's have the courts take away freedom of speech and the press because some news outlets don't produce coverage that pleases Mr.  Trump. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 10:43:37 pm »
Yeah, let's have the courts take away freedom of speech and the press because some news outlets don't produce coverage that pleases Mr.  Trump.

This has absolutely no chance of happening but another example of him entertaining his base that I’m sure love this idea
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 10:46:01 pm »
This has absolutely no chance of happening but another example of him entertaining his base that I’m sure love this idea

The President's supporters are not supportive of a press printing lies as truth @LMAO   Why should we be?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 11:02:09 pm »

I'm sure his fans do.  They think nothing of depriving others of their rights if "others" don't agree with them or don't worship their idol as they do.

Trump has mentioned curbing the media from time to time -- I think the last time he wanted to use libel laws against them.   It pains him that he cannot control the press and he is terrified that his worshipful fans might learn the truth about him and turn on him. 

As to SNL, I guess bits like this are what is setting him off:

Sorry...

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 11:30:59 pm »
I want Trump to cause as much trouble as he possibly can. Establishment politics is the enemy.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 11:35:51 pm »
   That was brutal (typical SNL, not funny) but as POTUS he should have thicker skin.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 01:17:17 am »
I want Trump to cause as much trouble as he possibly can. Establishment politics is the enemy.

Sorry but the job of the President of the United States is not to cause trouble. 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Dexter

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 01:19:28 am »

Sorry but the job of the President of the United States is not to cause trouble.

It is when your government is as corrupt as ours is.
-Socrates

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 01:29:48 am »
The President's supporters are not supportive of a press printing lies as truth @LMAO   Why should we be?

No one supports a press that’s dishonest. But how would you make sure that the press prints only the “truth?” Bring back the Fairness Doctrine? Have the courts or a government agent review all news for “accuracy”( which would be open for interpretation) before  going out to the news consumers?

I ask in all seriousness
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 01:45:02 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 01:36:20 am »
I'm sure his fans do.  They think nothing of depriving others of their rights if "others" don't agree with them or don't worship their idol as they do.

Trump has mentioned curbing the media from time to time -- I think the last time he wanted to use libel laws against them.   It pains him that he cannot control the press and he is terrified that his worshipful fans might learn the truth about him and turn on him. 

As to SNL, I guess bits like this are what is setting him off:

Sorry...

I do recall the days in FR when then candidate Trump suggested revisiting libel laws so he can sue the press when they say mean things about him. Of course, the howls would be deafening if Hillary suggested this.

Look, I know how the press can be and they are unhappy that Trump is president and much of their reporting when it comes to him leaves a lot to be desired. But this idea he tweeted out would be open to all kinds of abuse if it ever came to pass

Barry Goldwater

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 01:41:50 am »
It is when your government is as corrupt as ours is.

My Government??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Dexter

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018, 01:42:36 am »

My Government??

You live in the United States right?
-Socrates

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 01:53:08 am »
   Negative @Dexter , I think @kevindavis is from Californication.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2018, 02:08:21 am »

BY KYLE BALLUCK - 12/16/18 09:07 AM EST

President Trump early Sunday ripped “one sided" and "unfair” media coverage, saying it should be tested in courts.

"A REAL scandal is the one sided coverage, hour by hour, of networks like NBC & Democrat spin machines like Saturday Night Live," he tweeted.

"It is all nothing less than unfair news coverage and Dem commercials. Should be tested in courts, can’t be legal? Only defame & belittle! Collusion?"

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/421574-trump-unfair-coverage-should-be-tested-in-courts

I guess he would never do something like go on SNL then, right?

Sorry...

Offline DB

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2018, 02:22:22 am »
Fairness Doctrine II?

Nothing quite like having the government be the gatekeepers of "truth"...

Anyone calling for this is a fool.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2018, 10:22:19 am »
It is beginning to look like you can dish it out but you can't take it.  Thicken your skin Mr. President.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2018, 01:31:11 pm »
Fairness Doctrine II?

Nothing quite like having the government be the gatekeepers of "truth"...

Anyone calling for this is a fool.

@DB

Hypocrisy and politics goes together like peanut butter and jelly. Now that Trump is president, it’s the left that is demanding a press free of government interference. Too many on the right now are hinting of using either the courts or government to make the press, in their definition, truthful or fair.  When Obama was president, that position was switched.

That makes me even more thankful that the Reagan Administration  dumped the Fairness Doctrine
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 01:37:42 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2018, 01:45:10 pm »
@Applewood

I am retired so I don't have to be at a job every day, therefore, I watched almost every campaign rally for candidates.  I specifically remember the first time Trump wanted to change libel laws so he could sue news outlets for being "unfair".  Take the word "unfair" out of his vocabulary, and he can't speak.

Unless every person on the planet kisses his feet, he will claim "unfair" and put all the offending people in Cuba Guantanamo prison, "Gitmo".  The only remaining people on the planet will be him and his family - and Putin because he adores Putin.  Let's keep in touch when we get to Gitmo.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2018, 02:07:04 pm »
@Applewood

I am retired so I don't have to be at a job every day, therefore, I watched almost every campaign rally for candidates.  I specifically remember the first time Trump wanted to change libel laws so he could sue news outlets for being "unfair".  Take the word "unfair" out of his vocabulary, and he can't speak.

Unless every person on the planet kisses his feet, he will claim "unfair" and put all the offending people in Cuba Guantanamo prison, "Gitmo".  The only remaining people on the planet will be him and his family - and Putin because he adores Putin.  Let's keep in touch when we get to Gitmo.

LOL. That's rich. You push the Mod Panic Button whenever someone so much as passes flatulence in your general direction on the board yet you are criticizing the President for doing the same thing on a larger scale. Nice hypocrisy.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2018, 02:08:30 pm »
@Applewood

This is why I reside in purgatory.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2018, 02:14:07 pm »
This is why I reside in purgatory.

I reside on cloud eight.  Now cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2018, 02:17:16 pm »
I reside on cloud eight.  Now cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.

Interesting. So it's like how Iceland is more temperate than Greenland, but the name makes Iceland sound worse.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2018, 02:18:21 pm »

Screw that. Cloud 9 has a better floor show....

Sorry...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2018, 02:21:08 pm »
Interesting. So it's like how Iceland is more temperate than Greenland, but the name makes Iceland sound worse.

Marketing.  It's all in the marketing. 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.