Author Topic: President Trump Unleashes, Threatens to Sue NBC, Saturday Night Live  (Read 871 times)

rangerrebew

President Trump Unleashes, Threatens to Sue NBC, Saturday Night Live
By Carmine Sabia
December 16, 2018 at 6:06am

President Donald Trump loves to trigger the liberal media.

And he did it again on Sunday, the night after Saturday Night Live aired a parody of “It’s A Wonderful Life” to take another shot at him.

“A REAL scandal is the one sided coverage, hour by hour, of networks like NBC & Democrat spin machines like Saturday Night Live. It is all nothing less than unfair news coverage and Dem commercials. Should be tested in courts, can’t be legal? Only defame & belittle! Collusion?” he wrote.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/president-trump-unleashes-threaten-sue-nbc-saturday-night

Oceander

Re: President Trump Unleashes, Threatens to Sue NBC, Saturday Night Live
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 04:45:20 pm »
What a f**king idiot.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 05:27:44 am »
What a f**king idiot.

He must be getting money under the table from Lorne Michaels. Trump's definitely helping their ratings.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 05:43:16 am by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 07:36:25 am »
What a f**king idiot.

A man child with zip understanding of the basic elements of our constitution.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 09:17:43 am »
Looks to me like this was sent from trump's twitter account, not POTUS.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online DB

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 09:32:50 am »
Looks to me like this was sent from trump's twitter account, not POTUS.

Are you saying that Trump's twitter account is for his "off time" when he's not POTUS???

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 09:20:53 pm »
Are you saying that Trump's twitter account is for his "off time" when he's not POTUS???

I'm saying that he has the right to speak his mind as an individual using his personal account.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 11:01:40 pm »
I'm saying that he has the right to speak his mind as an individual using his personal account.

No one said he didn't have that right. But his current exercising of that right makes him look like an idiot. He's threatening to sue NBC because SNL isn't "fair" to him, seriously??? And people demand that he's some sort of conservative... My ass. Conservatives hold the principle that the 1st amendment guarantees the right to believe/say things they fundamentally disagree with. To say why we disagree without forcing people into silence. That there is no right not to be offended. Forcing people into silence and claiming a right against being offended by running to the courts is a leftest position.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 11:07:08 pm by DB »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 11:13:45 pm »
No one said he didn't have that right. But his current exercising of that right makes him look like an idiot. He's threatening to sue NBC because SNL isn't "fair" to him, seriously??? And people demand that he's some sort of conservative... My ass. Conservatives hold the principle that the 1st amendment guarantees the right to believe/say things they fundamentally disagree with. To say why we disagree without forcing people into silence. That there is no right not to be offended. Forcing people into silence and claiming a right against being offended by running to the courts is a leftest position.

It is well know Trump talks a lot of shit and moves on.   Why don't you do the same.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 11:41:07 pm »
It is well know Trump talks a lot of shit and moves on.   Why don't you do the same.

Well I agree with the first part of your statement.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 02:28:08 am »
@The Ghost
When a non-office-holding citizens talks that kind of shit, that's one thing. 

When an office-holder talks that kind of shit, it's alarming enough, especially depending upon the office held at the time of the talk; and, whether the office holder in question holds the sort of office from which he or she can turn that sort of mere shit talk into official action. A dog catcher or a water supervisor talking that kind of shit isn't likely to wreak havoc upon the First Amendment; a local sheriff or police officer, a police commissioner, a county supervisor, a mayor, a state legislator, a governor, a representative in the House, a Senator, is far more in official position to wreak that kind of havoc. (The long-since torpedoed McCain-Feingold, anyone?)

When the president of the United States talks that kind of shit, it goes far beyond alarming, no matter who the president who says it happens to be and against whom specifically he says it, and regardless of his party. Especially considering that we are several generations in on the premise---nowhere to be found in the Constitution, and thanks in part to Congresses ceding enough of its supremacy to the executive branch---that what the president says, wishes, demands, is close enough to law, or ought to be heeded without question. And if it's bad enough that too many presidents we can think of including the incumbent have behaved like such monarchs (for the witless, I use "monarch" metaphorically, not literally or legally), it's just as bad if not worse that there are too many citizens of what remains of this republic who want it that way.

Relax, for only a moment, anyway. President Tweety isn't the first president to talk that kind of shit. Not by a long shot, even if there's an argument that he might be the most blunt about it, or at least one of the couple most blunt. Unfortunately, it's not likely that he'll be the last, either. And talking that kind of shit only piles onto the reputation he already had, going in, as a man whose knowledge of (if not respect for) the Constitution equaled that of a pygmy.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 02:30:18 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 01:45:02 pm »

I thought POTUS was a 24/7/365 job...  :thud:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 01:46:05 pm »

Why don't YOU move on?   :rolling: