Author Topic: Cummings: DOJ should 'definitely reconsider' laws against indicting sitting president  (Read 597 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cummings: DOJ should 'definitely reconsider' laws against indicting sitting president
By Alicia Cohn - 12/16/18 10:29 AM EST

A top Democrat on Sunday said the Department of Justice (DOJ) should "definitely reconsider" laws against indicting sitting presidents, amid multiple ongoing investigations circling around President Trump.

"I think we should always reconsider laws and regulations, and this is one we definitely should reconsider," Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) said on CNN's "State of the Union."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/421585-cummings-doj-should-definitely-reconsider-laws-against-indicting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Elijah Cummings is dumber than a box of collard greens.   22222frying pan
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I think the DOJ needs to reconsider whether it's time to indict some sitting Congress people.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

I think the DOJ needs to reconsider whether it's time to indict some sitting Congress people.

I agree, but they aren't going to indict themselves.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline the_doc

Already planned, I believe--in fact, some of the sealed indictments on pacer.gov are probably Congress critters.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Already planned, I believe--in fact, some of the sealed indictments on pacer.gov are probably Congress critters.

I keep reading references to these sealed indictments .... have you any information on this @the_doc ?

Offline the_doc

I keep reading references to these sealed indictments .... have you any information on this @the_doc ?

The official Federal Court System website for this stuff is pacer.gov.  It's a tally of sealed federal court orders by State, many of which orders (perhaps even most) are bound to be indictments.  These have been formed over the past 12-15 months or so, apparently starting about 8 or 10 months into the Trump Presidency.  Quite a few orders have remained sealed for an entire year.

The rate of formation of these sealed orders is reportedly 60 times higher than ever before in American history (way over 60,000 versus a normal rate less than 1000 per year).  The dam is going to break soon, I think.

You can probably google the topic to get online commentary, breakdown by states, etc.  Suffice it to say that the Trump administration is evidently planning an enormous sweep of some sort of network of crooks.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
the doc wrote:
"You can probably google the topic to get online commentary, breakdown by states, etc.  Suffice it to say that the Trump administration is evidently planning an enormous sweep of some sort of network of crooks."

Perhaps that's why the democrat-communists are going after him with everything they've got... derail his train before he does theirs...
(I guess that's a "Captain Obvious" observation, but what the hey...?)