Author Topic: Nazi Fascism and the Modern Totalitarian State  (Read 683 times)

rangerrebew

Nazi Fascism and the Modern Totalitarian State
« on: December 16, 2018, 03:36:28 pm »

Nazi Fascism and the Modern Totalitarian State

Synopsis

The government of Nazi Germany was a fascist, totalitarian state. Totalitarian regimes, in contrast to a dictatorship, establish complete political, social, and cultural control over their subjects, and are usually headed by a charismatic leader. Fascism is a form of right-wing totalitarianism which emphasizes the subordination of the individual to advance the interests of the state. Nazi fascism’s ideology included a racial theory which denigrated “non-Aryans,” extreme nationalism which called for the unification of all German-speaking peoples, the use of private paramilitary organizations to stifle dissent and terrorize opposition, and the centralization of decision-making by, and loyalty to, a single leader.

INSTRUCTIONAL OBJECTIVES

http://remember.org/guide/facts-root-nazi

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Nazi Fascism and the Modern Totalitarian State
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 12:24:26 pm »
This article perpetuates the falsehood that fascism is a right-wing ideology.  It was, and is, fundamentally left-wing in nature, which should be obvious to anyone who knows history.  Mussolini was lauded by the international left (and here by the first iteration of the Progressives) in the 1920's, right up until he made common cause with the German Nazis (who were obviously left-wing also).
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!