Author Topic: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters  (Read 34729 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2018, 04:51:38 am »
There ya go.
Asking conservatives to toe the party line behind a NYC liberal lifetime Democrat is what is beyond absurd. Demanding it, all the more so.

Especially when most Conservatives are no longer in the party.

Likewise, asking Conservatives to fall in line in a movement that is destroying the very principles upon which we stand is equally absurd.

The best you will get is a golf clap from the sidelines now and then, when by some quirk of fate, the idiot actually does something right.

Again, what conservatives have to work with IS Trump.  He IS what is standing between the leftist liberal lunatics and our sovereignty. So far, he's holding them back.  So we can either support him or stand divided which is exactly what Nancy and Chuckie and the rest of the gang want.

No. He doesn't get a free pass, but as long as he is pushing for a wall and turning back migrants from the caravans, I think he needs the support from conservatives.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2018, 05:02:23 am »
Again, what conservatives have to work with IS Trump.  He IS what is standing between the leftist liberal lunatics and our sovereignty. So far, he's holding them back.  So we can either support him or stand divided which is exactly what Nancy and Chuckie and the rest of the gang want.

No. He doesn't get a free pass, but as long as he is pushing for a wall and turning back migrants from the caravans, I think he needs the support from conservatives.

Tell that to Trump. He has no idea how to work with other people to achieve his claimed goals.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2018, 05:05:28 am »
   That's not rust that's natural orange. @Chosen Daughter

You're right.   :bigsilly:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2018, 05:05:56 am »
This article is typical TAC (The American Conservative) whine, they come out with thought provoking editorials from time to time....

But how we miss the wisdom of this guy:

One has probably never heard of the writer and since I know about TAC, there may well be some positions that a lot of us would diss about TAC. They are very isolationist, at times, they are just your pro-Russian types, regurgitating Russian talking points. I sure don't trust them generally speaking.

Offline corbe

« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2018, 05:08:38 am »
   Krauthammer was one of the greatest (in our time) @TomSea still miss him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2018, 05:12:58 am »

I think NT's have been generally supportive of the President on this issue. The prevailing opinion of Trump supporters here is that support of Trump is an all or nothing deal. Good luck building any coalition with that attitude.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2018, 05:13:41 am »

If he caves on the shut down the wall is finished and caravans will keep coming.  Illegal immigration has increased because empty threats are soon seen as weakness.  And if there know they can still get in they will come.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2018, 05:25:41 am »

I know where you stand @libertybele - And you still have full faith and credit with me.

But he is holding nothing back... He is friends with the very people you claim he is holding back... and his cabinet and advisors are full of Wall Street... And he is as global as anyone can be, both in his habits and his businesses. He stinks of conman, and he's been to Epstein's Island, for Pete's sake.

I flat don't trust his media makeover, and I will always be suspicious of what his left hand is doing, as be brags about the inconsequential thing he is doing with his right.

So you'll have to forgive my vote of 'no confidence' in your statement.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 05:26:24 am by roamer_1 »

Online DB

« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2018, 05:42:33 am »
The President most certainly does @roamer_1   If you don't believe me, you can either ask your horse or read his book written almost 19 years ago.  His political principles have not changed.... they're just not, as you explained, yours. 

The America We Deserve Hardcover  – January 15, 2000
by Donald Trump

https://www.amazon.com/America-We-Deserve-Donald-Trump/dp/1580631312/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1544491207&sr=1-2&keywords=the+america+we+deserve+donald+trump

Trump wasn't even a Republican in 2000... He was a Perot Reform Party member. He wanted a ban on "assault weapons" whatever those are and Canadian style healthcare... Ya, real model conservative there...

Offline corbe

« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2018, 05:48:08 am »
   @DB please report to your nearest county office and replace your defective orange glasses.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2018, 05:48:51 am »
I know where you stand @libertybele - And you still have full faith and credit with me.

But he is holding nothing back... He is friends with the very people you claim he is holding back... and his cabinet and advisors are full of Wall Street... And he is as global as anyone can be, both in his habits and his businesses. He stinks of conman, and he's been to Epstein's Island, for Pete's sake.

I flat don't trust his media makeover, and I will always be suspicious of what his left hand is doing, as be brags about the inconsequential thing he is doing with his right.

So you'll have to forgive my vote of 'no confidence' in your statement.

It pretty hard to say that he is holding back the liberals.  Because he has filled his administration with them.   I have no confidence either.

He is facing huge opposition on this government shutdown.  Even from Republicans.  I pray that he stays firm.

Offline corbe

« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2018, 05:52:21 am »
   If he wilts and keep the Gov open with no guarantees for any additional border security you know the Trumpers will declare it the best thing since sliced bread anyway.  The more things change the more they stay the same.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2018, 05:53:05 am »
Trump wasn't even a Republican in 2000... He was a Perot Reform Party member. He wanted a ban on "assault weapons" whatever those are and Canadian style healthcare... Ya, real model conservative there...

Reform party and he wanted Oprah for his running mate.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2018, 05:54:53 am »
   Krauthammer was one of the greatest (in our time) @TomSea still miss him.

Yes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2018, 03:29:43 pm »
   For us Saudi Arabia is far less a danger to us than Iran.  Or to Israel.

@Chosen Daughter

I disagree. They are by far the most dangerous. They fund most of the Islamic terrorism. IIRC,15 of the 17 terrorists that were involved in crashing airliners into buildings were from Saudi Arabia. Not only that,but it was Saudi Arabia that got Boy Jorge to invade Iraq to take down Saddam Hussein. He was never a danger to us,but he was a definite danger to the Sauds.

The fact that the Crown Prince and Boy Jorge loved swapping spit and possibly other body fluids does nothing to change this.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 03:31:47 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2018, 03:34:32 pm »
Over there they are all killing each other and have been since the beginning of Islam.

@Chosen Daughter

More like since the beginning of time.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2018, 03:45:57 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

More like since the beginning of time.

I'm going with your assessment, @sneakypete.  Islam was merely a cult designed to legitimize the already existing bloodthirsty elements of the ME and Northern Africa.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2018, 06:37:15 pm »
No, actually, it wasn’t.  The Founders may have been Christian, but they went out of their way to build this county upon nonsectarian principles that, they believed, all reasonable people would agree to no matter their religion (or lack thereof). 

Ask Thomas Jefferson, to start with.

What you are leaving out is that the culture from which they came was based on Judeo-Christian principles.  The entire framework of what they did to found this country came directly from those principles.

The fact that they built in religious tolerance of others (within the Christian framework, I would add), does not negate the principles on which they based the Constitution.

What is being missed here (deliberately, by some), is that no one here is calling for a theocracy.  No one here wants a Catholic, or Protestant government where church tenets and doctrine are forced on those who do not believe.

That is a straw dog argument and a cheap shot directed at Christians calling for a moral society.

The Founders understood that without moral principles, this Republic would not survive.  Their individual sins (Ben Franklin's or Thomas Jefferson's) are not at all the point.  The concept of understanding right from wrong is.

Now that the leftists and Marxists among us have taken away those principles, we are left with a culture that is clueless as to what is right and what is wrong, and we are reaping the results of their destruction of an understood and (mostly) practiced moral code.

It is the left that has indoctrinated our schools and universities and created a generation of those who do not understand the importance of moral character, or of serving something higher than themselves.  Some victims of their indoctrination post here on a regular basis.

Conservative principles ALWAYS require character in our candidates and ourselves.

@Oceander @Free Vulcan 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 06:38:46 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2018, 06:43:01 pm »
    I'd be hard pressed to think of anyone here at TBR that want's to see President Trump impeached on bogus charges @To-Whose-Benefit? It is and will continue to be a direct attack on our Representative Republic for vicious political reasons and I think we all get that.

Of COURSE we all get that.

The idea of conflating Conservatives who are critical and non-accepting of Trump with the left who is trying to destroy him and wants him dead is as idiotic, inflammatory and deceitful as any insult on this forum.

And those who continue to do it should be ashamed of themselves.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2018, 06:48:34 pm »
The irony is extreme here... The "Party Pod" people are the ones who vote for their party no matter who the candidate is or what they stand for or their history. Duh... The lesser of two evils thing...

The people who actually have some principles that they expect their party to uphold are anything but "Party Pod" people. Again, Duh...

Indeed.....DUH!   Populists who cheer for and vote R regardless of the complete.... COMPLETE....... lack of Conservatism in their R candidate are the ones who might be defined as "Pod people."

As you say, @DB....... the irony is off the charts.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2018, 07:02:29 pm »
Indeed.....DUH!   Populists who cheer for and vote R regardless of the complete.... COMPLETE....... lack of Conservatism in their R candidate are the ones who might be defined as "Pod people."

I don't disagree with your comment, but I would suggest that it's evading the important point:  we have been forced to cobble together a coalition to stop the Socialists.  Many of our Republicans are just no danged good.  That includes some that have a good "rating" for conservatism.  (Some "conservatives" are worthless for dealing with what is going on right now.)   

Now that we have a POTUS--not a conspicuously honorable man, to say the least!---who is trying to prevent the complete destruction of the Republic, even we Never Trumpers need to support him whenever possible--not carp about his sometimes ill-advised tweets and continually complain about his inarguably shady dealings with hookers in the past.

Speaking of irony, many Republicans have said so many wonderful things about Bush 41 that it's obvious that they fail to realize that, although GHWB was publicly the opposite of Trump, GHWB was not a good guy for the USA.  His lovely family life should not obscure the fact that he sold his soul to the NWO.  He was trying to gradually destroy our national sovereignty--the long-range plan by the Deep State for subjugating the USA to the UN in a "kinder, gentler" way, of course.

Trump ain't kinder, gentler.  He needs to hang a lot of people--quite literally--and he knows that, thank God.

Can you thank God for that?  It's a theologically serious question.  Another serious question, do you hate your own POTUS right now?  Some professing Christians on TBR manifestly do.

I feel sorry for Trump based on the monumental mess that he has on his plate.  And I pray tirelessly for his success.  (Gee, isn't that the NT requirement for us?  [I am here referring to the New Testament, not Never-Trumpism.])

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 07:29:14 pm by the_doc »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2018, 07:24:38 pm »

Mary, mother of God!   9999hair out0000

When the other major party is full-blown Socialist...Venezuela wannabe's?  Hell...they want Conservatives dead.

If they have to kill 25 million Americans...they're already quoted to be on board with that.

Guess that makes me a "pod person", @musiclady
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2018, 07:26:18 pm »

Most normal non-snitty people want someone who gets things done.

And for the most part we're still waiting too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2018, 07:34:36 pm »

I get the impression you spend most of your life waiting in between moments of bitching.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2018, 07:36:01 pm »

So tell us, Tex..., what is the reason y'all are "...still waiting too"?

Is it because the president is against what you want?  Or, is it because both parties have conspired to keep the boot heal on his agenda?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald