Author Topic: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters  (Read 34722 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters
« on: December 16, 2018, 07:00:37 am »

His incompetence and incoherence guarantees that he'll be a one-term president.

By Robert W. Merry • December 13, 2018

The saddest victims of Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential victory, it now seems clear, are going to be his voters. The greatest beneficiaries of that election are going to be his haters.

This political paradox stems from the seeming inevitability of this president leaving his constituency high and dry through political incompetence, behavioral incontinence, an inability to maintain a focus on anything, and an incapacity to think or act coherently. His presidency so far has been characterized by political failure, and it’s going to get worse before the end of his term, by which point the voters will have expelled him from the White House.

That will be bad news for those who voted for Trump in 2016. They correctly saw in him an unconventional politician willing to talk about national problems that the country’s ruling classes wanted to ignore or finesse. Trump put forth a distinct political outlook that couldn’t be found anywhere else within either party (although Bernie Sanders also offered an unconventional narrative of the American plight).

Trump’s great political feat was that he opened up a new fault line in politics: the elites of the coasts versus the heartland masses; the globalist upper crust versus the nationalist middle; anti-working class liberalism versus conservative populism. In truth, this fault line was already there, roiling American politics just beneath the surface. But Trump had the instincts to see what just about everyone else missed—that these subterranean angers could be pulled up and harnessed into an electoral coalition that could win the White House.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-biggest-losers-of-trumps-presidency-his-voters/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 08:53:01 am »
Everything looks great.  Promises kept and all that.  I'll check in again next week.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 02:54:33 pm »

His incompetence and incoherence guarantees that he'll be a one-term president.

By Robert W. Merry • December 13, 2018

The saddest victims of Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential victory, it now seems clear, are going to be his voters. The greatest beneficiaries of that election are going to be his haters.

@Chosen Daughter

You just keep telling yourselves that as you worship at your Bush shrines.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 02:57:40 pm »
A lot will depend on what happens with all these investigations into alleged wrongdoing, but if Trump is not removed from office -- I think he still has enough believers who could ensure a second term.  Many of them still support him and will do so with their dying breath.  They live in their own world, oblivious to Trump's failure to achieve, or even begin to achieve, the goals he said he wanted to reach.  Yesterday, I read yet again a list of Trump's supposed accomplishments.  Many supporters will go so far as to invent his "achievements" out of thin air. 

Although I did not vote for Trump, I had hope that perhaps he would prove me wrong and, along with congress, achieve all the things Republicans promised for so long.  But when he started slamming his own party and acting as god on high, I knew this presidency was going to be another reality tv series.  Coming up on three years into the Trump presidency and  all we have so far is a tax tweak -- not the reform we were promised.  Instead of working with congress to achieve their supposed mutual goals, Trump has fought with the majority party and blamed it and everyone else for his failures. 

But his supporters just don't see the reality of this presidency.  They elected the guy who talked their language and told them what they wanted to hear.  They will never admit that they were suckered by a flim-flam man.  They will follow him to the gates of hell.  Those of us who are not enamored by Trump can see he is sending this country hurling into the abyss and a second term will ensure the destruction of America as we know it.  It saddens me that there is really nothing we can do to prevent it.

@Applewood

Don't worry,you and your claven will still be able to vote for the Hillary/Bernie ticket in 2020,and make the world safe for clones and other cult members.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 03:37:11 pm »
Yet Rasmussen still has Trump at 48% approval.

They may still succeed in driving that figure down with the relentless attacks, but his support has proven stubbornly intractable.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 03:42:59 pm »
Pete, you really need some new material.  Your endlessly repetitive accusations reached the sell by date ages ago.  They are stale.

@Applewood

I know this has to be explained over and over to ignorant people like Dims and Bush-Bots,but the truth doesn't change or get stale.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 03:45:01 pm »

They may still succeed in driving that figure down with the relentless attacks, but his support has proven stubbornly intractable.

@skeeter

And they are going to get shriller as they get more desperate. 2019 is going to be a nightmare of lies,shrieks,and moans.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 03:45:19 pm »

...much to their dismay.   :laugh:

They haven't learned anything from the 2016 primary season.  One man destroyed the hopes and dreams of 16 other wannabes and at the same time gave 63 Million American voters new hopes and dreams.

That 63 million number has undoubtedly risen.

In the meantime, they're offering an idea that Joe Biden is...what?  A possible 'giant killer'?   ROFL!

There is nobody in the Democrat party that can beat him.  N.O.B.O.D.Y.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 03:45:38 pm »
Another conservative's wet dream. And conservatives wonder why they can't get traction .....  :laugh:

Merry Christmas!   8888mistltoe

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 03:46:48 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 03:50:45 pm »
@skeeter

And they are going to get shriller as they get more desperate. 2019 is going to be a nightmare of lies,shrieks,and moans.

I support Trump. But if I didn't I hope I would be perceptive enough to realize that there's no going back to the days where Bush & Dole ran the party. There just aren't enough voters in that demographic anymore.

If its not Trump it'll be somebody else the GOPe hates, or it'll be a democrat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2018, 03:55:16 pm »
FTA

Trump voters will see their hopes of a new direction for America trampled and thwarted.

Well, if that happens, we'll know and remember conservatives were the tip of the spear against the President.

It's really in the interests of conservatives to support the President --- that is if they want to survive these next six years as more than a fringe preacher group.  But this degree of critical thinking apparently isn't in the conservative wheelhouse.  The only thing they have is hate.  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2018, 04:49:46 pm »

If its not Trump it'll be somebody else the GOPe hates, or it'll be a democrat.

@skeeter

Thanks for pointing out what SHOULD be obvious to everyone,but isn't. Which is the fact the GOPe doesn't hate Dims because Dims are their allies. They only hate ACTUAL Republicans.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2018, 04:51:29 pm »
FTA

Well, if that happens, we'll know and remember conservatives were the tip of the spear against the President.

It's really in the interests of conservatives to support the President --- that is if they want to survive these next six years as more than a fringe preacher group.  But this degree of critical thinking apparently isn't in the conservative wheelhouse.  The only thing they have is hate.  :shrug:

@Right_in_Virginia

Those people are NOT "conservatives". They are Party Pod People who are globalists.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 05:01:05 pm »
This political paradox stems from the seeming inevitability of this president leaving his constituency high and dry through political incompetence, behavioral incontinence, an inability to maintain a focus on anything, and an incapacity to think or act coherently. His presidency so far has been characterized by political failure, and it’s going to get worse before the end of his term, by which point the voters will have expelled him from the White House.

This is absurd.  We have two conservative justices and tax reform.  I agree that Trump's style leaves a lot to be desired.  But he has gotten some things done, including things (like tariffs) that I do not personally support.

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2018, 05:05:17 pm »
   His Administration, thus far, has proved us NT'ers right all along he had TOO MUCH BAGGAGE to Govern effectively. 
   How much energy and time is spent on these multiple scandals?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2018, 05:14:42 pm »

So true.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2018, 05:24:26 pm »
   His Administration, thus far, has proved us NT'ers right all along he had TOO MUCH BAGGAGE to Govern effectively. 
   How much energy and time is spent on these multiple scandals?

Yep.  And it will be so until the end of his encumbered presidency.

That's why character always matters.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 05:32:19 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2018, 05:31:44 pm »

This is absurd.  We have two conservative justices and tax reform.  I agree that Trump's style leaves a lot to be desired.  But he has gotten some things done, including things (like tariffs) that I do not personally support.

Exactly. What is it with these pissy, pearl clutching princesses? I'm sorry Trump isn't classy enough for the debutante ball, but no one really gives a crap about the little society club stuff anyway.

Most normal non-snitty people want someone who gets things done.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2018, 05:33:19 pm »
The biggest losers of the Trump's presidency : the new world order crowd. And a damn good reason to stick with him.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2018, 05:35:26 pm »
Exactly. What is it with these pissy, pearl clutching princesses? I'm sorry Trump isn't classy enough for the debutante ball, but no one really gives a crap about the little society club stuff anyway.

Most normal non-snitty people want someone who gets things done.

Hmmm................. what a strange thing to say.  Since when is honor, honesty, character and morality "little society club stuff?"

Your comment serves as an illustration of how far down this country has descended in the past few decades. 

Character DOES matter.  Not just "getting stuff done."

That is an ageless principle, though clearly not a populist, post-modern principle where apparently "getting things done" trumps everything else.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2018, 05:45:10 pm »
Hmmm................. what a strange thing to say.  Since when is honor, honesty, character and morality "little society club stuff?"

Your comment serves as an illustration of how far down this country has descended in the past few decades. 

Character DOES matter.  Not just "getting stuff done."

That is an ageless principle, though clearly not a populist, post-modern principle where apparently "getting things done" trumps everything else.

You mean like the stained glass, high-minded, SJW intersectional political correctness like the libs project?

The 'compassionate conservatism' that is simply nothing but let everybody come in and suck on the teat, but have a strong military and give great speeches?

You can be as above reproach, high minded, sonorous and stained glass in composure, eloquent in every word, and still not accomplish a damn thing.

This is the problem with many of the NT'ers - they are so enraptured by soaring rhetoric that they are completely incapable of having the grit and tenacity it takes to move the ball under our Constitutional system.

The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2018, 05:50:34 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2018, 05:51:55 pm »
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 05:53:53 pm by Blizzardnh »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2018, 05:57:13 pm »
You mean like the stained glass, high-minded, SJW intersectional political correctness like the libs project?

The 'compassionate conservatism' that is simply nothing but let everybody come in and suck on the teat, but have a strong military and give great speeches?

You can be as above reproach, high minded, sonorous and stained glass in composure, eloquent in every word, and still not accomplish a damn thing.

This is the problem with many of the NT'ers - they are so enraptured by soaring rhetoric that they are completely incapable of having the grit and tenacity it takes to move the ball under our Constitutional system.

I'm talking about the Founding Fathers who formed this country based on God's laws.

What the heck are you talking about?

Your statement reveals post-modern populism with no ballast.  No mooring. 

Go ahead and make fun of all of us who still believe in absolutes.  It doesn't matter, because absolutes are........ well............ absolute.  :patriot:

(And we don't stop believing in absolute truth because of mockery).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 05:58:13 pm by musiclady »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2018, 06:05:17 pm »
I'm talking about the Founding Fathers who formed this country based on God's laws.

What the heck are you talking about?

Your statement reveals post-modern populism with no ballast.  No mooring. 

Go ahead and make fun of all of us who still believe in absolutes.  It doesn't matter, because absolutes are........ well............ absolute.  :patriot:

(And we don't stop believing in absolute truth because of mockery).

You might want to go back in history with an unvarnished view, absent the hero worshipping. The Founders were by and large eloquent, but also head busters and knee cappers that to it to the opposition with a club, and sometimes, a duel.

That's the problem with the NT'ers - they've carried out a complete history revision and emasculated our Founders, while decrying anyone a bit rough or crude or direct as 'populists.'

They complain about the other side is removing the civility in our society while they remove any fortitude to achieve results.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 06:05:56 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.