Author Topic: Wanted: New Conservative Fighters  (Read 11481 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Wanted: New Conservative Fighters
« on: December 15, 2018, 12:20:22 pm »
Townhall, Dec 14, 2018, Sheriff David Clarke (Ret.)

Let me be blunt. It’s obvious to me that the political right needs a fighting force—an organized ground level force built for the political conflicts of the 21st century. Politics has become a contact sport. This force must be unlike many GOP political figures who want to avoid contact and seem obsessed with being admired by the left and the editorial boards of the New York Times and CNN, rather than pushing back against the people seeking to destroy them. Who was it that said, you can’t fix stupid?

<snip>

These leftist groups are a formidable foe that the conservative side currently has no response. We need infrastructure, and we need to mobilize it quickly. I want to be clear. I do not advocate for violence, but I do advocate for more effective counter-tactics than the weak-kneed ones currently deployed.

This new conservative fighter has to rid themselves of their self-righteousness about the kind of tactics they will have to use to take on the left’s machine. For instance, taking the high road is an ineffective tactic against this foe as merely is expressing outrage. Proving that we are better than they are is useless. Besides, I already know I am better and don’t have to prove that to anybody. This new political fighter has to be able to fight through whatever the left throws at them and not flinch, apologize, grovel or abandon a conservative or GOP candidate after an opposition research sneak attack.

Think Trump supporter. They have to snicker at being called racist, homophobe, misogynist, lslamaphobe, and fight on. In other words, when the left metaphorically throws rocks, the new conservative fighter has to be willing to pick up those rocks and throw them back. If you need an example just watch how President Trump fearlessly takes on the left.

Many on the conservative side do not have the stomach for this. My response is then get used to losing elections. Get used to gun confiscation. Get used to government control over every aspect of your life. Get ready for totalitarian fascism. You can stop it. If you dare to change tactics and move to the front.

More:  https://townhall.com/columnists/sheriffdavidclarke(ret)/2018/12/14/wanted-new-conservative-fighters-n2537513

Offline roamer_1

Re: Wanted: New Conservative Fighters
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 03:08:11 pm »
This new conservative fighter has to rid themselves of their self-righteousness about the kind of tactics they will have to use to take on the left’s machine. For instance, taking the high road is an ineffective tactic against this foe as merely is expressing outrage. Proving that we are better than they are is useless. Besides, I already know I am better and don’t have to prove that to anybody. This new political fighter has to be able to fight through whatever the left throws at them and not flinch, apologize, grovel or abandon a conservative or GOP candidate after an opposition research sneak attack.

Think Trump supporter.

What fetid pap. This article spits in the face of the TEA Party, that worked relentlessly to win a great battle... To countless Conservatives who have given of themselves and manned the front lines for decades before there was ever a Tump supporter.

If you wanted more fighters, you should have elected an actual Conservative - one who does actual Conservative things.

Absolutely not my circus, and not my clown.
GFY David Clarke.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 03:33:21 pm »
What fetid pap. This article spits in the face of the TEA Party, that worked relentlessly to win a great battle... To countless Conservatives who have given of themselves and manned the front lines for decades before there was ever a Tump supporter.

If you wanted more fighters, you should have elected an actual Conservative - one who does actual Conservative things.

GFY David Clarke.

The winner will not be asked afterwards whether he told the truth or not. When starting and waging war it is not right that matters, but winning.
- Donald Trump, The America We Deserve

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 03:35:16 pm »

The winner will not be asked afterwards whether he told the truth or not. When starting and waging war it is not right that matters, but winning.
- Donald Trump, The America We Deserve

Particularly stone dead wrong.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 04:27:05 pm »
Townhall, Dec 14, 2018, Sheriff David Clarke (Ret.)

Many on the conservative side do not have the stomach for this. My response is then get used to losing elections.

@Right_in_Virginia

They already are. To the point where they are pissed at Trump for winning and want to see him removed from office BECAUSE he won.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 04:28:06 pm »

GFY David Clarke.

@roamer_1

The truth hurts,doesn't it?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 04:35:50 pm »
@roamer_1

The truth hurts,doesn't it?

Nope. It ain't me whining that no one will fight for Tumpy the Clown.
Like I said, next time, put in a Conservative and see how much more unity you get.
Start in the principles of Conservatism, and I will be in it with all four feet.
Till then, don't bother. We ain't on the same page. Hell, we ain't even in the same dang library.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 04:48:02 pm »
  Will there be a dress code requiring us to wear those stupid MAGA hats?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 05:00:05 pm »
  Will there be a dress code requiring us to wear those stupid MAGA hats?

You mean the ones with the stolen slogan on them?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 05:56:32 pm »
Nope. It ain't me whining that no one will fight for Tumpy the Clown.
Like I said, next time, put in a Conservative and see how much more unity you get.
Start in the principles of Conservatism, and I will be in it with all four feet.
Till then, don't bother. We ain't on the same page. Hell, we ain't even in the same dang library.

@roamer_1

Ok,bubba,time to put up or shut up. WHO was the most conservative candidate running for the office of President the last election?

Hell,who was the last actual conservative President,not counting Reagan?

Speak up or shut up.

BassWrangler

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 05:58:29 pm »

GFY David Clarke.

Well said, @roamer_1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 06:01:52 pm »
Well said, @roamer_1

@BassWrangler

Namely WHO,bubba? Come right out and give us a name or STFU and quit your whining because you are a part of the problem,not the solution.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 06:13:01 pm »
@roamer_1

Ok,bubba,time to put up or shut up. WHO was the most conservative candidate running for the office of President the last election?

The MOST Conservative? That'd be a tossup to me, between Tom Hoefling and Darrell Castle.

Hell,who was the last actual conservative President,not counting Reagan?

Speak up or shut up.

Probably Coolidge - Though incidental. Conservatism as it is today came out of Goldwater and Reagan.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2018, 06:15:28 pm »
Senator Elect Milt Romney is up for the challenge. He's Severely Conservative....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2018, 06:41:51 pm »
The MOST Conservative? That'd be a tossup to me, between Tom Hoefling and Darrell Castle.

Probably Coolidge - Though incidental. Conservatism as it is today came out of Goldwater and Reagan.

@roamer_1

OK,fair enough,but since none of those people had any more chance of being elected President than I do,you just play the role of surrender monkey when you don't support the most conservative candidate running,and that was Trump by a mile.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 06:42:53 pm »
Senator Elect Milt Romney is up for the challenge. He's Severely Conservative....

@Frank Cannon

And the fact that he believes that proves how worthless he really is.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2018, 06:47:08 pm »
@Frank Cannon

And the fact that he believes that proves how worthless he really is.

@sneakypete You realize that the people that you're bashing here for not supporting Trump also did not/do not support Mitt Romney, for more or less the same reason.  And although there are a few, *most* of us also did not/do not support 41 or 43, so let's not go down that road again, we are all well aware how you feel about them.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2018, 06:48:34 pm »
@roamer_1

OK,fair enough,but since none of those people had any more chance of being elected President than I do,you just play the role of surrender monkey when you don't support the most conservative candidate running,and that was Trump by a mile.

The most conservative running were Hoefling and Castle, as you admitted. Thereafter, Cruz and Paul, depending upon your persuasion... Heck, Walker or even Santorum...

Tump is in no way conservative. Tump is liberal is the day is long. Even Huckabee would have a hard time spending like your boy does.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 07:21:34 pm »
The most conservative running were Hoefling and Castle, as you admitted.

Say WHAT? I don't even know who they are,never mind know they were running for anything. I don't even remember ever hearing their names before,so what kind of chance did they have of winning?

Thereafter, Cruz and Paul, depending upon your persuasion... Heck, Walker or even Santorum...

ROFLMAO! I admit that post-election Cruz seems to be more acceptable than pre-election Cruz,but there is still something slightly slimy about him that I just don't trust.

As for Walker or Santorum??????? You have GOT to be joking if you seriously think either one of them would have done the slightest thing to make changes.

Tump is in no way conservative. Tump is liberal is the day is long. Even Huckabee would have a hard time spending like your boy does.

Get thee into rehab before it's too late.  You confuse conservatism with "Bible Thumper",don't you? Not to fear,there are even rehab programs for that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 07:23:42 pm »

@sneakypete
You realize that the people that you're bashing here for not supporting Trump also did not/do not support Mitt Romney, for more or less the same reason. 

@RoosGirl

I am in no way responsible for anyone's insanity.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2018, 07:25:20 pm »

@RoosGirl

I am in no way responsible for anyone's insanity.

That's okay, we like it that way, and not having to be responsible for yours.  :laugh:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2018, 07:40:18 pm »

What you are wanting is the same folks who back in 2016 (and 2012) were turning out in State primaries and battling Priebus and his Establishment hacks who were trying to wrest control away from the local level and concentrate it all at the RNC level.

Unfortunately, Trump supporters did everything they could to destroy that movement and hand all power over to Priebus.  In other words, those new Conservative fighters you are looking for were all handed their walking papers in Cleveland back in Summer 2016.  And the rules put in place by Trump delegates at that convention make it impossible for them to return.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2018, 07:45:05 pm »
Say WHAT? I don't even know who they are,never mind know they were running for anything. I don't even remember ever hearing their names before,so what kind of chance did they have of winning?

@sneakypete
That depends upon your definition of winning... but that's beside the point - I will redirect you to your statement:

@roamer_1

In your own words, "you just play the role of surrender monkey when you don't support the most conservative candidate running" ...So in other words, you don't mean 'The most conservative running' or we would be in agreement.

ROFLMAO! I admit that post-election Cruz seems to be more acceptable than pre-election Cruz,but there is still something slightly slimy about him that I just don't trust.

Funny that, because I don't think I can vote for him any more. He has sullied himself, to the point that his conservative rating has dropped out of the nineties into the eighties. I still might vote for him given the chance, but I'd have to be talked into it. I think he is damaged goods, like everybody else who jumped on the Tump train.

As for Walker or Santorum??????? You have GOT to be joking if you seriously think either one of them would have done the slightest thing to make changes.

Walker probably would have. He shakes things up... But in hindsight, Santorum would be better than Tump... I don't think any of the above would have spent as much as he has, nor would any of them painted themselves into a corner like Tump has.

And 'making changes' was not your argument. Your argument was wrt Conservatism. ALL of the above mentioned are far more conservative than Tump.

Get thee into rehab before it's too late.  You confuse conservatism with "Bible Thumper",don't you? Not to fear,there are even rehab programs for that.

Nope. But the principles of the Christian Right are every bit as indispensable as the principles of the other factions, and as a Reaganite, I embrace the principles of all the factions. always. And I will not vote for anyone that does not do likewise.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2018, 07:54:11 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

They already are. To the point where they are pissed at Trump for winning and want to see him removed from office BECAUSE he won.

I think that is true of the establishment hacks from the swamp and it is probably even true of most of the high level state Republican politicos as well.   The sooner we realize that virtually anyone from DC, with few exceptions, are NOT conservatives’ allies, the better.

However where the trumpers fail and fail miserably is by applying that same mindset to those of us who do not like trump...at all...BUT hope he is successful.  In fact, our single biggest frustration is that he seems to be his own worst enemy, preventing him from being as successful as he might be. 
But the trumpers insistence on unwavering fealty cast aside many who would be mostly likely allies.

As evidence of this, look no further than the replies to this article.   The trumpers are viewing the foot soldiers that Clarke speaks of in terms of those who support trump, when in fact what Clarke is speaking of is irrespective of who is the CiC and is far more long term than the 2 or 6 years trump will be in office.

As always, a whole lot of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2018, 08:28:28 pm »
What you are wanting is the same folks who back in 2016 (and 2012) were turning out in State primaries and battling Priebus and his Establishment hacks who were trying to wrest control away from the local level and concentrate it all at the RNC level.

Unfortunately, Trump supporters did everything they could to destroy that movement and hand all power over to Priebus.  In other words, those new Conservative fighters you are looking for were all handed their walking papers in Cleveland back in Summer 2016.  And the rules put in place by Trump delegates at that convention make it impossible for them to return.

Yep.