Author Topic: Ted Lieu: The Most Honest Democrat  (Read 396 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Ted Lieu: The Most Honest Democrat
« on: December 14, 2018, 07:47:29 pm »
Here’s a Democrat who has finally gone on record about wanting to regulate speech
By Chris Queen
https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/contributors/ted-lieu-the-most-honest-democrat-ziOjvA1_tEqcaqlZmB7Etg/

For many Democrats, there’s no such thing as free speech, other than speech with which they agree. If a lot of these politicians had their way, you or I wouldn’t be able to make any statements that didn’t fall squarely in line with leftist orthodoxy.

Representative Ted Lieu (D-CA) is one of them. He spoke recently with CNN about Google’s testimony before the House of Representatives, and he made an interesting statement.

He told anchor Brianna Keilar, "I would love to be able to regulate the content of speech. The First Amendment prevents me from doing so, and that's simply a function of the First Amendment, but I think over the long run, it's better the government does not regulate the content of speech."

Lieu went on to say that he wished companies would do a better job regulating their own platforms. But Twitter seized on the first part of Lieu’s remark . . . Lieu kind of condescendingly said he was defending the First Amendment, and I suppose he was to an extent. But the problematic thing is that Lieu is basically saying, “We have speech protection in the First Amendment, but if I had my way . . . "

. . . We have one more reason to be grateful to our Founding Fathers. They protected us from people like Ted Lieu.
-------------------------------------
I'd like to think the Founding Fathers protected us against such people regardless of party. Anyone who tells you Democrats alone hold the franchise on anxiousness to regulate speech should be pitied as a one-eyed thinker.--EA.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Ted Lieu: The Most Honest Democrat
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 02:05:03 am »
Mr. Lieu represents the future of the democrat-communist party.

Can't say that we haven't been warned...

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 02:10:55 am »
People like you are the reason we have a 1st, and 2nd amendment Mr. Lieu.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 02:39:19 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 02:16:42 am »
Unfortunately, it's not just the democrats, we have people on this board that would limit speech.