Author Topic: Jon Kyl will resign from the U.S. Senate on Dec. 31, setting up another appointment by Ducey to McCa  (Read 884 times)

Offline corbe

Jon Kyl will resign from the U.S. Senate on Dec. 31, setting up another appointment by Ducey to McCain's seat

Yvonne Wingett Sanchez

41 mins ago

U.S. Sen. Jon Kyl will resign from the U.S. Senate on Dec. 31, The Arizona Republic has confirmed, setting up a second appointment by Gov. Doug Ducey to the seat once occupied by the late John McCain.

Ducey is required under law to name another Republican to the seat. A replacement to the Senate seat "will be announced in the near future," according to the Governor's Office.

Kyl wrote a letter dated Dec. 12 to Ducey, informing him of his resignation. The letter was hand-delivered to the Governor's Office late Thursday afternoon.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jon-kyl-will-resign-from-the-us-senate-on-dec-31-setting-up-another-appointment-by-ducey-to-mccains-seat/ar-BBQX5Pf?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Arizona governor eyes several possible Kyl replacements

By Reid Wilson - 12/14/18 12:57 PM EST

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey (R) is considering at least three prominent Republicans as possible replacements to fill Sen. Jon Kyl’s (R) seat as donors vent about Rep. Martha McSally’s (R) failed bid for the state’s other Senate seat this year.

McSally remains a contender, according to several sources with knowledge of Ducey’s decision-making process.

But a memo McSally’s team released after her nail-biter loss to Sen.-elect Kyrsten Sinema (D) angered donors who thought McSally had not shown any introspection about how she might have run the race differently, according to some who spoke with those donors.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/421417-arizona-governor-eyes-several-possible-kyl-replacements
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We knew this was coming as Kyl said he was only staying till Jan. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey (R) is considering at least three prominent Republicans as possible replacements to fill Sen. Jon Kyl’s (R) seat as donors vent about Rep. Martha McSally’s (R) failed bid for the state’s other Senate seat this year.

McSally remains a contender, according to several sources with knowledge of Ducey’s decision-making process.

But a memo McSally’s team released after her nail-biter loss to Sen.-elect Kyrsten Sinema (D) angered donors who thought McSally had not shown any introspection about how she might have run the race differently, according to some who spoke with those donors.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/421417-arizona-governor-eyes-several-possible-kyl-replacements

I was for McSally when she was running against that aging teeny bopper, but there may be better candidates out there.  There were a couple of McSally things I wasn't crazy about but now I can't remember what they were.  Dam dementia.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

John McCain's family turns on Martha McSally

by Katelyn Caralle

December 15, 2018 11:16 AM

Meghan McCain’s husband said that Rep. Martha McSally, R-Ariz., would be an “unwise choice” for Arizona senator.

“McSally strikes me as an unwise choice for a number of reasons,” Ben Domenech tweeted. “She's like an NFL team that plays down to its opponents' level - and she'll be tasked with running for re-election immediately.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/mccain-family-turns-on-martha-mcsally

Online Hoodat

Meghan McCain’s husband said .  .  .

For me, that's an endorsement for McSally.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

<..snip..>

Wow, didn't know.  I thought McSally won.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
I am not a resident of AZ but watched the senate election closely.  McSally does not strike me as a conservative.  Any chance a real conservative gets appointed?  To you Freepers in AZ, how do you read the tea leaves.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Taxcontrol wonders:
"Any chance a real conservative gets appointed?  To you Freepers in AZ, how do you read the tea leaves."

It's Arizona, forget it.
Not much good coming out of that state these days.

With pressure from California on one side and New Mexico (the SECOND "white-minority" state) on the other, Arizona's future ain't so bright.

That's my prognostication and I'm stickin' to it!

(sorry DB, you shoulda picked another state!)