Author Topic: Trump meets with Chris Christie to discuss chief of staff role  (Read 1060 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump meets with Chris Christie to discuss chief of staff role
« on: December 14, 2018, 02:25:14 pm »
Jonathan Swan12 hours ago

President Trump met with Chris Christie on Thursday evening and considers him a top contender to replace John Kelly as chief of staff, according to a source familiar with the president’s thinking.
“He’s tough; he’s an attorney; he’s politically-savvy, and one of Trump’s early supporters."

Behind the scenes: Trump has met with a couple of others, but the way he’s discussed Christie to confidants make them think he’s serious. His legal background may come in handy next year.

Between the lines: Christie is used to being a principal, and it’s unclear how he’ll handle playing second fiddle. Also, he is not a friend of the Kushners. (As U.S. attorney for New Jersey, Christie sent Jared’s father to prison.)

Christie was not immediately available for comment.

https://www.axios.com/trump-met-with-chris-christie-to-discuss-chief-of-staff-role-684f9465-a6ea-4a80-9df3-2d91ba67cf35.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Re: Trump meets with Chris Christie to discuss chief of staff role
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 02:39:44 pm »
Jonathan Swan12 hours ago

President Trump met with Chris Christie on Thursday evening and considers him a top contender to replace John Kelly as chief of staff, according to a source familiar with the president’s thinking.
“He’s tough; he’s an attorney; he’s politically-savvy, and one of Trump’s early supporters."

Behind the scenes: Trump has met with a couple of others, but the way he’s discussed Christie to confidants make them think he’s serious. His legal background may come in handy next year.

Between the lines: Christie is used to being a principal, and it’s unclear how he’ll handle playing second fiddle. Also, he is not a friend of the Kushners. (As U.S. attorney for New Jersey, Christie sent Jared’s father to prison.)

Christie was not immediately available for comment.

https://www.axios.com/trump-met-with-chris-christie-to-discuss-chief-of-staff-role-684f9465-a6ea-4a80-9df3-2d91ba67cf35.html
:3:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 02:46:59 pm »
That's who he wants to replace Kelly with?  I don't know why he chooses people who oppose the campaign promises he made to the American people.

•Ban radical Islamic jihadists, not all Muslims. (Jan 2016)
•Secure border with wall & electronics; but no mass deporting. (Sep 2015)
•Use modern technology to track illegal immigrants. (Aug 2015)
•E-verify instead of building a physical wall. (Aug 2015)
•Increase electronic border surveillance and create E-Verify. (Jul 2015)
•No pathway to citizenship, but college tuition for illegals. (Jun 2015)
•2010: supported path to citizenship; 2013: backed away. (Feb 2015)
•I favor fixing a broken system. (Nov 2013)
•Path to citizenship in context of fixing broken system. (Nov 2013)
•I've never been opposed to tuition equality for illegals. (Oct 2013)

http://www.ontheissues.org/Chris_Christie.htm

He may be Republican in name but he's liberal.  I wouldn't trust that guy if my life depended on it.

I wonder if he meant free college tuition for illegals?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 03:35:55 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 02:52:20 pm »
Someone wake me up when Trump actually names a Chief of Staff.  Yesterday, the candidate was Jarred Kushner.  Today, it's Chris Christie.  This  constant speculation and drama is getting old. 

Whoever Trump names -- I'll bet he or she is gone in a few months anyway.  Any job with Trump should be considered temporary.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 03:33:47 pm by Applewood »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 03:23:44 pm »
Thanks @mystery-ak
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 03:34:40 pm »
:3:

I think most of us, if not all of us would never have voted for Chris Christie.  Why would we want him as COS?  Trump is out of touch.  He's really off.  It was an early turn off to me when he was hanging with Christie after the election.  I might see why he would want him though because he can control him.  Insult him, admonish him in twitter and the guy would probably stay loyal.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 04:27:42 pm »
FAKE NEWS.  This is "according to a source that is familiar with the president’s thinking"....seriously?

Christie will never get near the White House because he helped put Jared's pappy in prison.   Not going to happen, and IF he does, IMHO, he's sending a clear message to his son-in-law; he doesn't trust him.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 04:28:38 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 04:37:10 pm »
   Does anyone else think that Trump plays Kushner and Christie off each other or is it just a bit of my TDS looking for conspiracies where there are none?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 04:45:05 pm »
   Does anyone else think that Trump plays Kushner and Christie off each other or is it just a bit of my TDS looking for conspiracies where there are none?

Well, I never really thought of that, but I think you could be right.   :pop41:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 04:47:56 pm »
'Chief of Staff' would actually be a good role for Christie.  He is quite adept at dressing down reporters and for getting staff to do what he wants.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 04:52:34 pm »
'Chief of Staff' would actually be a good role for Christie.  He is quite adept at dressing down reporters and for getting staff to do what he wants.

I'm not saying that Christie would not be a capable and competent Chief of Staff only that there is a huge conflict of interest in putting him in there with Jared still around.  Christie and Trump get along great; Jared and Christie definitely not.

I actually would love to see Christie as Chief of Staff as he would be 'watching' over Kushner. 

Kushner can't be trusted, and I'm hoping that Trump is finally realizing that.

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2018, 06:08:29 pm »
Chris Christie declines White House chief of staff role

By Chris Mills Rodrigo - 12/14/18 01:03 PM EST 

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) declined the White House chief of staff role on Friday.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/421418-christie-declines-chief-of-staff-role
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 06:23:46 pm »
@corbe

Well, good.  I was so concerned.  LOL

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2018, 06:53:31 pm »
Years ago, the Japanese had 200 retirees volunteer to work at Fukushima, but nobody here wants the chief of staff position.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2018, 06:58:45 pm »

Interesting idea and I wouldn't be a bit surprised.  I doubt if Trump really likes either one of them.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 07:15:06 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 07:32:59 pm »
Good choice. He is severely loyal, he ran New Jersey the way one would expect, and he would be willing to take the fall or blame for any arrows that come.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 09:27:03 pm »
I nominate @Applewood ‘s cute kitty for the role.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 11:09:29 pm »
I nominate @Applewood ‘s cute kitty for the role.

LOL.  Thanks @Freya  His name is Leonid (Leo for short) and he owns a good friend of mine.  He's a Siberian or something -- hence, the Russian name. 

Hmmmm.  Since he is Russian, maybe it wouldn 't be wise to give him a White House position.  LOL

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2018, 11:16:57 pm »

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

I am pleased to announce that Mick Mulvaney, Director of the Office of Management & Budget, will be named Acting White House Chief of Staff, replacing General John Kelly, who has served our Country with distinction. Mick has done an outstanding job while in the Administration....

4:18 PM - Dec 14, 2018

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-picks-mick-mulvaney-director-office-management-budget-223511873.html

The key word would seem to be ‘acting.’

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.