Author Topic: Kasich: I 'probably' couldn't beat Trump today  (Read 636 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kasich: I 'probably' couldn't beat Trump today
« on: December 14, 2018, 02:51:38 am »
Kasich: I 'probably' couldn't beat Trump today
By Tal Axelrod - 12/13/18 08:02 PM EST

Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) says he’s seriously considering a presidential run against President Trump, but admitted Thursday that he probably could not win a Republican primary today.

“If you’re going to run as a Republican you have to have a sense that if you get into primaries you can win. Right now, probably couldn’t win,” he told the Associated Press in an exclusive interview. “But that’s today. It’s ever changing.”

He says he is still weighing his options for 2020 and is having his advisors monitor the headlines surrounding the White House, including Trump’s legal entanglements and talks of impeachment.

“It’s not like I wouldn’t do it,” he told the AP. “You can’t be afraid to do it.”

Kasich, who is leaving office in January due to term limits, has already run for president twice. He handily defeated a thinned-out primary field in the 2016 Ohio primary, but failed to win any other primary or caucus. Should he run again, the crucial swing state would once again be in play.

Primary challenges against sitting presidents have happened before, but are rare. The last instance was a failed insurgent campaign by Pat Buchanan against President George H.W. Bush in the 1992 presidential race.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/421340-kasich-i-probably-couldnt-beat-trump-today
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Re: Kasich: I 'probably' couldn't beat Trump today
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 02:52:54 am »
I do not understand Kasich's appeal to anyone.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 03:22:24 am »
Son of a ...mailman, I bet you couldn't either, Kasich.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 04:18:31 am »
What a pathetic little man.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 04:22:32 am »
When the hell is DeWhine taking over so I don't have to hear from this 10 time loser again?

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 01:18:24 pm »
Why is this even a story??  Who actually listens to Kasich anymore?  He'll be out the door in a couple of weeks thankfully.  Good riddance Johnny!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 01:28:51 pm »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 01:35:10 pm »
Don't underestimate yourself John - you've got what it takes to win. Just a few more hours of video of you eating and its in the bag.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 02:17:11 am »
How do Republican losers like this guy get elected in the first place....?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 03:35:49 am »
Kasich at one time was a decent politician.  However, something happened along the path of life and morphed this fool into something far worse than a Rino.  He is literally a quack.  He has no Republican values today and is in fact a Democommie, every bit the kook as Sanders or Ocasia Cortez.  His demise is tragic in many ways.

He could not get elected dog catcher in his home town at this point.  He suffers fro the same delusional qualities as Rick Santorum.  No one cares about either man, and who really wants to hear Kasich yap about being the son of a mailman?  Ugggh!  After the 100th time of bringing it up, he is actually about the most boring politician in many years