Author Topic: Melania Trump's favorability plunges in new poll  (Read 1142 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Melania Trump's favorability plunges in new poll
« on: December 13, 2018, 07:21:54 pm »
Melania Trump's favorability plunges in new poll
By Judy Kurtz - 12/13/18 02:16 PM EST

Melania Trump’s favorability among Americans has taken a significant hit, according to a new poll.

The CNN poll released Thursday finds the first lady’s favorability at 43 percent, a sharp drop-off from 54 percent in October.

Thirty six percent of those surveyed gave Trump an unfavorable rating, up six points in two months.

The 48-year-old former model’s favorability had ticked up in the October CNN poll, which was conducted just ahead of her high-profile, first major solo international tour in Africa.

Trump, who’s granted few interviews during her time in the White House, participated in an ABC News special in October focused on her African trip. In an interview with Tom Llamas, Trump said, “ I could say that I'm the most bullied person in the world.”

“One of them — if you really see what people are saying about me,” Trump said.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/421262-melania-trumps-favorability-plunges-in-new-poll
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Melania Trump's favorability plunges in new poll
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 08:33:44 pm »
Meh!  As @Frank Cannon would say, "who cares?" 

I don't believe the position of First Lady should be a popularity contest anyway.  It's stupid.   I think Mrs. Trump is doing the best she can under some difficult circumstances. 

I think most First Ladies have had their detractors at least one time or another.   And there ere some like Hillary who were worshipped for no better reason than she was a woman.  She certainly wasn't all that wonderful as First Lady.   

Besides, this poll, like every other poll, is no doubt flawed.  Who did CNN sample for this poll?  Democrats?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 08:45:27 pm »
The CNN poll released

Funny. I don't recall that fat assed piece of human garbage Moochelle getting polled and news stories being cobbled together on the results. I do recall the entire country getting really bent out of shape by her school lunch policy. A policy I might add that was flushed down the toilet the second that dirty creep and her fag husband left DC. That seems like a real good measurement for popularity.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 08:47:15 pm »
If polls about first ladies actually had any validity and honesty, Mooch "I hate America" Obama would have been hovering near single digits.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 09:13:52 pm »
The CNN poll released

Funny. I don't recall that fat assed piece of human garbage Moochelle getting polled and news stories being cobbled together on the results. I do recall the entire country getting really bent out of shape by her school lunch policy. A policy I might add that was flushed down the toilet the second that dirty creep and her fag husband left DC. That seems like a real good measurement for popularity.

Actually, that awful program is still being dismantled -- slowly, but surely:

fortune.com/2018/12/10/usda-trump-school-lunch-program-rollback-changes-sonny-perdue/

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 09:16:19 pm »
Actually, that awful program is still being dismantled -- slowly, but surely:

fortune.com/2018/12/10/usda-trump-school-lunch-program-rollback-changes-sonny-perdue/

Our school district got rid of it the moment those jackasses were gone from the WH.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 09:22:37 pm »
What republican 1st lady did the press not try to degrade and dismiss in every news story so to lower the public's opinion of them. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 09:26:51 pm »
Our school district got rid of it the moment those jackasses were gone from the WH.

Bravo to your district!  Mine is still holding on, but this town is infested with stupid liberal Democrats.  Last year, this district lost thousands of dollars in wasted food.  But hey, who cares?  The taxpayers are footing the bill.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 09:31:19 pm »
What republican 1st lady did the press not try to degrade and dismiss in every news story so to lower the public's opinion of them.

Lucretia Garfield?

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 09:37:12 pm »
Lucretia Garfield?
You may be correct.  6 months is not very long to be dissed by the press!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 10:43:56 pm »
First off, the First Lady is not an elected position.

Second of all, the First Lady is not an actual legal office. It's entirely ceremonial. Besides, Melania hasn't tried to involve herself in anything remotely controversial. She's a beauty queen, for crying out loud. You don't have a background more fit for the job of First Lady than a beauty pageant contestant.

Ergo, what people think of her is wholly irrelevant to anything.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 10:57:32 pm »
Besides, Melania hasn't tried to involve herself in anything remotely controversial.

Perhaps not terribly controversial, but the Be Best campaign against cyber bullying is pretty damned funny, considering her husband’s Twitter history.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 10:58:02 pm »
What has happened since the original poll to make her popularity drop?

Absolutely NOTHING.

Bogus poll.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 11:05:41 pm »

Perhaps not terribly controversial, but the Be Best campaign against cyber bullying is pretty damned funny, considering her husband’s Twitter history.

Seriously? Dayum dude.  You get the award for the best straw grasping explanation of the day for a NT'r

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 11:20:29 pm »
The leftists hate anyone who looks better than Michael and she exudes beauty and grace and brings a sense of national pride to the WH. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 11:22:12 pm »
    Not all contestants have weighed in yet @The Ghost

Here's my entry:

Is her English understandable yet?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 11:25:32 pm »
    Not all contestants have weighed in yet @The Ghost

Here's my entry:

Is her English understandable yet?

Have you blown out your BD candles yet? 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 11:27:47 pm »
This place is starting to look like Tiger Beat magazine.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 11:31:54 pm »
On the bright side Barron's approvals are still hovering at around 50%.

But that may be changing soon. I hear some of the big media players are planning a media blitz on his nose picking habit.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2018, 11:40:10 pm »
This place is starting to look like Tiger Beat magazine.

David Cassidy approves.

Offline DB

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2018, 11:45:51 pm »
What has happened since the original poll to make her popularity drop?

Absolutely NOTHING.

Bogus poll.

There was that public firing story of the first lady's something or other.

Offline verga

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2018, 12:01:08 am »
Ours dumped it literally the day after the election.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline corbe

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2018, 12:04:04 am »
Have you blown out your BD candles yet? 

Still waiting for my contact to show up, she's already 4 days late.  @The Ghost 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2018, 12:05:57 am »
There was that public firing story of the first lady's something or other.

Which clearly has part of the American public up in arms.  :laugh:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2018, 12:45:37 am »
Obviously they haven't visited TBR's "Flotus Fashions" ... she's a hit!   :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.