Author Topic: Schumer says Dems won’t budge on Trump wall demand  (Read 517 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer says Dems won’t budge on Trump wall demand
« on: December 13, 2018, 03:51:38 pm »
By Alexander Bolton - 12/13/18 10:49 AM EST

Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) on Thursday declared that Democrats will not provide any more funding for a border wall and are willing to wait until January, when a Democratic majority in the House will give them more leverage, to deal with the issue.

“I want to be crystal clear. There will be no additional appropriations to pay for the border wall. It’s done,” Schumer declared on the Senate floor.

Parts of the government will shut down after Dec. 21 if a new funding bill isn’t signed into law.

The sticking point has been Trump’s demands for $5 billion in funding for his border wall. Schumer has since said he would back keeping funding at 2018 levels, which would provide about $1.3 billion for border fencing.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/421203-schumer-says-dems-wont-budge-on-trump-wall-demand
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Schumer says Dems won’t budge on Trump wall demand
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 03:54:04 pm »
Chuck thinks this is a winning position?   

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 04:25:27 pm »
Chuck thinks this is a winning position?

I hope that is the case and that he follows through!  Would make a 2020 landslide inevitable IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 04:58:43 pm »
By Alexander Bolton - 12/13/18 10:49 AM EST

Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) on Thursday declared that Democrats will not provide any more funding for a border wall and are willing to wait until January, when a Democratic majority in the House will give them more leverage, to deal with the issue.

“I want to be crystal clear. There will be no additional appropriations to pay for the border wall. It’s done,” Schumer declared on the Senate floor.

Parts of the government will shut down after Dec. 21 if a new funding bill isn’t signed into law.

The sticking point has been Trump’s demands for $5 billion in funding for his border wall. Schumer has since said he would back keeping funding at 2018 levels, which would provide about $1.3 billion for border fencing.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/421203-schumer-says-dems-wont-budge-on-trump-wall-demand

Wow!  Chuckie is all tough now that he's found some clean britches after Trump explained things to him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 05:16:53 pm »
Shut it down.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
James 1:20

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 06:21:05 pm »
I hope that is the case and that he follows through!  Would make a 2020 landslide inevitable IMHO!

How so?

When the Pubs force Trump to cave "for the good of the country" it's going to highlight that the Pubs don't keep campaign promises.

I am assuming the Pubs will cave because they always do.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 06:57:39 pm »
How so?

When the Pubs force Trump to cave "for the good of the country" it's going to highlight that the Pubs don't keep campaign promises.

I am assuming the Pubs will cave because they always do.

Trump is only asking for $5 billion for border security, not the $25 billion originally requested.   There is no reason to compromise our sovereignty and border security further.   The Dems used to support border security, before the issue became associated with Trump.   Fine, let 'em play games, but Trump should not.   The full $5 billion or shut the coven of thieves down.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide