Author Topic: Congress reaches deal ending taxpayer-funded sexual harassment settlements  (Read 316 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Congress reaches deal ending taxpayer-funded sexual harassment settlements

By Benjamin Siegel

Dec 12, 2018, 7:20 PM ET

After a year rocked by the #MeToo movement and months of negotiations, Congress is on the verge of reforming its own sexual harassment regulations.

House and Senate negotiators reached an agreement Wednesday to overhaul congressional regulations governing sexual harassment, clearing the way for a vote on the measure in both chambers over the next two weeks, before Congress adjourns for the year.

Under the terms of the compromise announced Wednesday, members of Congress would be held personally liable for sexual harassment and retaliation settlements, requiring them to reimburse the Treasury. It would also publicly identify members of Congress settle harassment claims, along with any settlements.

“I think it will send that message that there is zero tolerance for bad behavior,” Rep. Gregg Harper, R-Mississippi, the chairman of the House Administration Committee, told ABC News.

more
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/congress-reaches-deal-ending-taxpayer-funded-sexual-harassment/story?id=59783415
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Congress reaches deal ending taxpayer-funded sexual harassment settlements
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 03:27:59 pm »
I am not sure how they ever thought we should pay for their criminal behavior. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Congress reaches deal ending taxpayer-funded sexual harassment settlements
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 04:56:49 pm »
It is literally amazing that a bill like this had to be passed in a sane world.

Why would any decent country even consider paying for sexual sins of congress critters?

What happened to tarring and feathering?  Or is that a myth?  Maybe it could be re-instated for some of those a-holes.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.