Author Topic: Breitbart: Paul Ryan’s Last Act: Protecting Barack Obama’s Illegal War in Yemen with Democrat Votes  (Read 391 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Paul Ryan’s Last Act: Protecting Barack Obama’s Illegal War in Yemen with Democrat Votes

Lame-duck Speaker Paul Ryan managed to shepherd through a motion protecting President Barack Obama’s illegal war in Yemen, thanks to five Democrats who joined the Republican majority to pass the measure.

Speaker Paul Ryan attached a rule on Tuesday night to the Conference Report for the 2018 Farm bill which would block a potential War Powers resolution vote on America’s involvement in Saudi Arabia’s war in Yemen. The rule passed through the House 206-203, featuring strong Republican support for the rule, along with five Democrats who voted for the measure. Eighteen Republicans and 185 Democrats against the measure.

Ryan’s actions serve as a rare instance in which matters of foreign policy were attached domestic policy; although, Ryan blocked a resolution by Massie and Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) in November by including language in the Manage Our Wolves Act that would block a vote on America’s involvement in Yemen.

Read more at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/12/paul-ryans-last-act-protecting-barack-obamas-illegal-war-yemen-democrat-votes/

Interesting situation here. Provocative headline but once one gets to the story, I wonder a bit and I wonder, if we should be in Yemen but  I take it that people like Pompeo know a lot more than I do.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The article tells us some things we may need to know, the basics of the story may well be correct in the article itself, not so much as the headline but ultimately,

If we need to get out of Yemen and we don't have really troops on the ground there.... we are assisting the Saudis with weapons and intelligence primarily, if we need to get out of there, then do it. The buck stops at the current Oval Office.   And everyone knows, we do give Saudi Arabia a lot of support.