Author Topic: 'She's not negotiating for me': Hoyer jabs Pelosi for putting term limits on the table  (Read 208 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'She's not negotiating for me': Hoyer jabs Pelosi for putting term limits on the table
by Al Weaver
 | December 11, 2018 12:43 PM

Incoming House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer on Tuesday took a swipe at one-time rival Nancy Pelosi Tuesday for discussing term limits with key holdouts in the Democratic caucus as she continues to move toward retaking the speaker's gavel in January.

The Maryland Democrat, currently House minority whip, reiterated to reporters Tuesday that he is not supportive of term limits in any way — whether for tenure in Congress or leadership for chairmanships and ranking member positions. Hoyer then jabbed at Pelosi, now House minority leader, saying she isn't "negotiating for me" in the ongoing talks.

"She's not negotiating for me," Hoyer said, adding that she has not kept him apprised of the ongoing negotiations. "I think there's a lot of discussion about it. I don't think it's going to happen. I hope it doesn't happen."

"No ... I have not supported term limits," Hoyer said. "I am against term limits because I have a term limit. It's a two-year term limit."

After questions delved into whether he would support them for other positions, including chairmanships and ranking member posts, Hoyer tried to make his position crystal clear.

"I'm not for term limits. Is anybody confused?" Hoyer told reporters with a laugh. "I. Am. Not. For. Term. Limits."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/shes-not-negotiating-for-me-hoyer-jabs-pelosi-for-putting-term-limits-on-the-table
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
What would point people to believe Pelosi is negotiating for Hoyer? Has she discussed his term limit as though she represented him? If so, I would say what he said.
I won't accept.