Author Topic: Fifth Coldest October/November On Record In The US  (Read 10753 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Fifth Coldest October/November On Record In The US
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2018, 01:58:30 pm »
Yeah. That is the same line of bullshit all my deadbeat burnout tenants tell me when they explain why bong water spilled on the carpet.

Anybody that doesn't change their bong water after every use is gross.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2018, 01:59:53 pm »
Is there anyway to get this train wreck back on track?  Maybe split off Dexies dope tangents into it's own dope smoke fog thread.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2018, 02:01:14 pm »
Smoking pot is not equivalent to snorting opioids. I smoke about half a gram every day. Where I live that's about 5 dollars worth of weed. A lot of people benefit from drugs.

Are you a Doctor? If not then you are too stupid to know what you are talking about. You should let people with education tell you what to think on the topic and stop embarrassing yourself....

What about medical marijuana?

As controversial as it is, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has  approved medications containing synthetic THC drugs dronabinol and nabilone, both man-made forms of cannabis. These are used as appetite stimulants in AIDS patients and for chemotherapy-related nausea and vomiting.

At this time, treating medical conditions using marijuana is still illegal on a federal level. There is still insufficient data from large, long-term, well-designed studies on the potential risks versus benefits of using marijuana to relieve symptoms of certain medical conditions.

There are however, ongoing studies on cannabidiol, a component of marijuana that does not have the mind-altering effects of THC. That may hold potential promise in helping conditions like drug-resistant epilepsy and some psychiatric disorders such as anxiety, substance use disorders, schizophrenia and psychosis.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/pot-is-dangerous-not-funny-a-doctor-tells-us-why

Offline thackney

« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2018, 02:02:04 pm »
A single professor saying that he thinks it's unlikely that weed can help people focus is not exactly convincing when my experience with it suggests otherwise. It's also very common for people with ADHD to report that it helps them focus. That professor wasn't speaking of people with ADHD, just people that use in general. Weed has helped me with focus and anxiety for 4 or 5 years now. I'm not some junkie. I use it because it helps me.

Maybe you are having trouble focusing on the reading material provided.

Majority of studies have suggested a significant cognitive decline in cannabis abusers compared to non-abusers and healthy controls.[8–10] A report by Bartholomew et al.[11] suggested that cannabis use has a detrimental effect on prospective memory ability in young adults but users may not be aware of these deficits. Cannabis is known to produce substantial acute effects on human cognition and visuomotor skills. Many recent studies additionally revealed rather long-lasting effects on basic oculomotor control, especially after chronic use.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Dexter

« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2018, 02:04:13 pm »
Are you a Doctor? If not then you are too stupid to know what you are talking about. You should let people with education tell you what to think on the topic and stop embarrassing yourself....

What about medical marijuana?

As controversial as it is, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has  approved medications containing synthetic THC drugs dronabinol and nabilone, both man-made forms of cannabis. These are used as appetite stimulants in AIDS patients and for chemotherapy-related nausea and vomiting.

At this time, treating medical conditions using marijuana is still illegal on a federal level. There is still insufficient data from large, long-term, well-designed studies on the potential risks versus benefits of using marijuana to relieve symptoms of certain medical conditions.

There are however, ongoing studies on cannabidiol, a component of marijuana that does not have the mind-altering effects of THC. That may hold potential promise in helping conditions like drug-resistant epilepsy and some psychiatric disorders such as anxiety, substance use disorders, schizophrenia and psychosis.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/pot-is-dangerous-not-funny-a-doctor-tells-us-why

There is still insufficient data from large, long-term, well-designed studies on the potential risks versus benefits of using marijuana to relieve symptoms of certain medical conditions.

The doctors are saying their data is inconclusive. My anecdotal experience says weed helps me in various ways.
-Socrates

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2018, 02:05:25 pm »
Smoking pot is not equivalent to snorting opioids. I smoke about half a gram every day. Where I live that's about 5 dollars worth of weed. A lot of people benefit from drugs in various ways.

5 bucks a half gram? I guess the price has escalated a bit since my pot smoking days. I was paying around $80 a pound. At $5 a half gram rate that would be over $4,500 a pound.

Good thing I quit.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2018, 02:05:39 pm »
Maybe you are having trouble focusing on the reading material provided.

Lots of drugs can be detrimental, especially with heavy use. That doesn't mean they can't also be beneficial in the right context. Your link also didn't speak of users with ADHD.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2018, 02:06:29 pm »
Is there anyway to get this train wreck back on track?  Maybe split off Dexies dope tangents into it's own dope smoke fog thread.

They started it.
-Socrates

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2018, 02:07:27 pm »
The doctors are saying their data is inconclusive. My anecdotal experience says weed helps me in various ways.

As you have told anyone that would listen on Global Warming threads, you are not smart enough to make those conclusions on your own. You have no relevant degrees in the topic and making comments on things you have no education in makes you look even dumber than you already are. Quit while you are ahead.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2018, 02:12:37 pm »
As you have told anyone that would listen on Global Warming threads, you are not smart enough to make those conclusions on your own. You have no relevant degrees in the topic and making comments on things you have no education in makes you look even dumber than you already are. Quit while you are ahead.

That's not what I said at all Frank, and I think your comparison is ridiculous.
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2018, 02:21:07 pm »
Lots of drugs can be detrimental, especially with heavy use. That doesn't mean they can't also be beneficial in the right context. Your link also didn't speak of users with ADHD.

You're an adult now and still believe that ADHD diagnosis?  You know that just became a catch-all for doctor's who were afraid to tell parents of the millenial generation that their parenting skills sucked and were turning their kids into little a-holes, right?

Offline Dexter

« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2018, 02:30:15 pm »
You're an adult now and still believe that ADHD diagnosis?  You know that just became a catch-all for doctor's who were afraid to tell parents of the millenial generation that their parenting skills sucked and were turning their kids into little a-holes, right?

ADHD is a real condition despite the fact that some people are misdiagnosed with it. This is getting ridiculous. I am a contributing member of society that smokes a small amount of weed most days. What I've got going on works for me.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2018, 02:34:35 pm »
I've done LSD a few times too, and plan to use it again at some point. It has given me a lot of useful perspective. Drugs need to be respected, but they're not always bad.
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2018, 02:35:08 pm »
ADHD is a real condition despite the fact that some people are misdiagnosed with it. This is getting ridiculous. I am a contributing member of society that smokes a small amount of weed most days. What I've got going on works for me.

Oh, I never said it wasn't a real condition.  If what you're doing works for you then I don't know why you're getting so defensive about it.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2018, 02:37:05 pm »
blij26
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Dexter

« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2018, 02:37:48 pm »
If what you're doing works for you then I don't know why you're getting so defensive about it.

I'm defensive about it because people are suggesting that there's something wrong with the way I'm living my life and I disagree.
-Socrates

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2018, 02:38:09 pm »
Oh, I never said it wasn't a real condition.  If what you're doing works for you then I don't know why you're getting so defensive about it.

Because he has been outed as someone without the formal education to discuss such matters.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2018, 03:37:10 am »

Hey! We are still on topic! CO and CO2 from weed smoke are factors in "global warming" doncha know!!   ***cool cat***  wink777 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2018, 03:53:17 am »
I get paid to break through security systems so they can be made better.

Professional Hacker huh?  Remind me not to look at any links you post. :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2018, 03:55:15 am »
I simply do not believe that so many climate scientists all over the world would sell out to their governments to the extent that they would outright lie about their findings. These are not evil people.

I think you fail to realize that AGW is a modern version of the age old tale of The Emperors New Clothes.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2018, 03:59:14 am »
It helps me focus.

????????

Quit trying to bs everyone.  Some of us, back in the '70's tried this shit, and I can tell you first hand that "focusing" is about the least descriptive aspect of this brain numbing activity.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2018, 04:22:41 am »
????????

Quit trying to bs everyone.  Some of us, back in the '70's tried this shit, and I can tell you first hand that "focusing" is about the least descriptive aspect of this brain numbing activity.

It can (could) "focus" a person on simple rote tasks by removing the ability to focus on more than one thing at once.  I, uh, knew a guy that used to consistently score higher at pinball and certain video games when high.  My theory was the dope removed all of the surrounding distractions.  Complex tasks are (were) a different story.
Pot might improve pinball scores, but I'd rather my surgeon be sober.

I once interviewed a cop for a speech I had to give in college.  He said one thing they see with impaired drivers is they will often do ONE thing right.  For example, they'll be swerving back and forth while maintaining a completely consistent speed.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2018, 04:41:04 am »
I'm defensive about it because people are suggesting that there's something wrong with the way I'm living my life and I disagree.

Many people that initially use drugs and or alcohol, feel themselves in control, and not at risk of losing that control.

But the risk does exist, and the addictive, mind altering substances, are patient, clever, seductive.

They prey on highly intelligent people. Often such people are too damn smart, for their own good.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 05:06:59 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2018, 03:34:35 am »
Well this thread finally got interesting.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2018, 02:23:19 am »
Since this has already been hijacked, what’s the thought on CBD oil? I’m reading that it’s beneficial for radiation treatment.
I stand with Roosgirl.