Author Topic: Rounds proposes $25 billion for border wall  (Read 412 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rounds proposes $25 billion for border wall
« on: December 09, 2018, 04:32:53 pm »
Rounds proposes $25 billion for border wall
Seth Tupper Journal staff

Sen. Mike Rounds is co-sponsoring legislation that would provide $25 billion to fully fund a wall and other border security measures along the U.S. border with Mexico, he announced Thursday.

The legislation introduced by Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., and co-sponsored by Rounds, R-S.D., Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., and Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, is called the WALL Act.

“The primary responsibility of the federal government is the defense of our nation, which includes strong border security,” Rounds said in a news release.

Read more at: https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/rounds-proposes-billion-for-border-wall/article_fa3c03c3-9cc8-5142-9dbe-ec14807f3f07.html

I wonder what the chances are it will be voted in? They'll have to do this before the new congress comes in, I would think.

Offline libertybele

Re: Rounds proposes $25 billion for border wall
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 01:57:02 am »
I wonder what the chances are it will be voted in? They'll have to do this before the new congress comes in, I would think.

Voted on.  Slim   Voted in.  Slim-none.

So ... after having the majority for the past 4 years, they're all of a sudden going to fund the wall in the last couple of weeks before their majority is over?  The Secure Fence Act of 2006 was approved by BOTH Houses of Congress and signed into law and here we sit.  This is reality.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.