Author Topic: Teacher fired for refusing to use trans student's pronouns  (Read 15230 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Teacher fired for refusing to use trans student's pronouns
« on: December 08, 2018, 04:52:19 am »
Teacher fired for refusing to use trans student's pronouns

WEST POINT, Va. — A Virginia high school teacher who refused to use a transgender student's new pronouns has been fired.

News outlets report that the West Point School Board voted unanimously Thursday to dismiss Peter Vlaming after a four-hour hearing that drew an overflow crowd. The school system said in a statement that Vlaming was fired for insubordination.

Over the summer, the ninth-grade student's family informed the school system of the student's gender transition to male. The student wasn't involved in Thursday's hearing.

Continued at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/teacher-fired-for-refusing-to-use-trans-students-pronouns/ar-BBQCYqD?OCID=ansmsnnews11

I hope some legal organization might take up his plight though, in this world, they may not win. He didn't even say it to this student but in speaking with others.

Online DB

Re: Teacher fired for refusing to use trans student's pronouns
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 06:21:34 am »
Might as well demand the teacher say blue is red. Same difference. A basic denial of reality.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 01:02:03 am »
Hopefully this teacher will be able to find work in a private school somewhere that doesn't put up with politcally-correct B.S. ...

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 12:36:58 pm »
Teacher Sues After Firing for Not Using Male Pronouns for Female Student Who Identifies as Male

A high school French teacher in Virginia is suing the school board after they fired him for refusing to refer to a female student who identifies as a male as “he.”

Peter Vlaming was placed on administrative leave last October and then fired from West Point High School in Williamsburg, Va., in December because he refused to use male pronouns for the transgender student.

According to the Alliance Defending Freedom, which is representing Vlaming, who filed a lawsuit in the case, the teacher used the student’s preferred male name, but avoided using male pronouns altogether.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/melanie-arter/teacher-sues-after-firing-not-using-male-pronouns-female-student-who-identifies

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 11:25:23 pm »
Teacher sues school district after being fired for refusing to use transgender pronouns

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/education/teacher-takes-school-district-court-after-being-fired-refusing-use

Peter Vlaming was a history and French professor at West Point High School in West Point, Virginia, in 2018 when a female student of his announced a transition to a male identity and requested that her instructors refer to her using male pronouns.

Vlaming refused to do so, though he claims he initially struck an amicable compromise with the student in question. ...

The school finally told him that if he used female pronouns to refer to the student – or even if the district suspected he was using her name to avoid referring to her pronouns altogether – he would be terminated.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2023, 09:43:05 pm »
2023 UPDATE

Free Speech Win: VA Supreme Court Revives Lawsuit by Teacher Fired for Not Using Trans Student’s Pronouns
Amy Furr
15 Dec 2023
Breitbart

Virginia’s Supreme Court has revived a lawsuit filed by a high school teacher who was fired for refusing to use a transgender student’s preferred pronouns.

The court’s action happened on Thursday, according to the Washington Post.

The newspaper continued:    In a split 143-page decision, the justices overturned a lower court decision dismissing Peter Vlaming’s case, which has drawn national attention because it pitted the hotly contested issues of transgender rights and religious freedom against each other. In its 4-3 decision, the Supreme Court remanded the case to a lower court for trial.

The Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), the conservative Christian group that is representing Vlaming, called the ruling a “sweeping victory” for free speech and religious rights, and Virginia Attorney General Jason S. Miyares (R) said “it dramatically expands the protection of religious liberty.” ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2023, 09:46:33 pm »
Meanwhile, in Ireland:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2023, 01:30:04 am »
Meanwhile, in Ireland:

This what happens when you don’t have a first amendment.

When you tell stories like this to apolitical people in this country, their first reaction that I’ve seen is they go to the first amendment issue.

But the only country that has a guaranteed right to free speech is ours. Everywhere else, you have the right to free speech as long as what you’re saying is approved by the state
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2023, 05:08:30 am »

When you tell stories like this to apolitical people in this country, their first reaction that I’ve seen is they go to the first amendment issue.

But the only country that has a guaranteed right to free speech is ours. Everywhere else, you have the right to free speech as long as what you’re saying is approved by the state
I see tourist ads for Ireland about how wonderful it is, then I see sh, er stuff like this I say to myself no no no, you will get in so much trouble the second you open your mouth  :silly: Nope I haven't seen squat of America I have no desire to go elsewhere.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2023, 06:30:29 am »
2023 UPDATE

Free Speech Win: VA Supreme Court Revives Lawsuit by Teacher Fired for Not Using Trans Student’s Pronouns

Thank you for the update, @mountaineer
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2024, 01:12:09 am »

:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2024, 01:13:42 pm »
Meanwhile, in Ireland:

"They"? Was there more than one?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2024, 01:27:20 pm »
 ////00000////

... still preferrable to punishment from nuns for using improper grammar.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-