Author Topic: Climate-Modeling Illusions Not Based on Reality  (Read 2113 times)

Offline Axeslinger

Climate-Modeling Illusions Not Based on Reality
« on: December 07, 2018, 01:45:20 pm »
DECEMBER 7, 2018
Climate-Modeling Illusions Not Based on Reality
By Jay Lehr
For three decades, global warming alarmists have harassed society with stories of gloom and doom as a result of the carbon dioxide emitted into the air by the burning of fossil fuel. They are exercising precisely what prominent writer H.L. Mencken described as “the whole point of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed and hence clamorous to be led to safety by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary”.

In fact, the man-caused global warming or climate change panic may well be the best hobgoblin ever conceived. It has half the world clamoring to be led to safety from climate change without a shred of physical evidence. Every single statement issued to support these fearmongering claims presented in a new 1,500-page report from 13 separate agencies of the federal government by 300 Obama-appointed scientists, has no basis in physical measurements or observations.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/12/climate_modeling_illusions_not_based_in_reality.html

I’m sure there are some here who will utterly dismiss this one too....you know...because...SCIENTISTS!!!
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Climate-Modeling Illusions Not Based on Reality
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 03:43:30 pm »
It's only fair to ping @Dexter to this thread.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 04:08:38 pm »
@Axeslinger

This really isn't news as some of us have been shouting it at the top of our lungs for MANY years now!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 05:21:01 pm »
@Sanguine
Oh hell...now you’ve done it.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 05:21:59 pm »
@Axeslinger

This really isn't news as some of us have been shouting it at the top of our lungs for MANY years now!

@Bigun
I agree wholeheartedly....but apparently some folks are deaf....or blind.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 05:48:41 pm »
@Sanguine
Oh hell...now you’ve done it.

:laugh:

He's not coming over here @Axeslinger, he might inadvertently learn something.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:55:22 pm by Sanguine »

Offline the_doc

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 05:55:13 pm »
@Axeslinger
:laugh:

Yeah, @Sanguine, you are undoubtedly the single biggest troublemaker on TBR.  I'm shocked by the hypocrisy of your screen name. :smokin:

You need to take forum etiquette lessons from a kinder, gentler guy--maybe @Frank Cannon.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 05:55:42 pm »
The problem when it comes to any climate predictions as you’re dealing with something that is dynamic and a natural part of the earth anyways. We could be in another Ice Age 100 years from now
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 05:56:18 pm »
@Axeslinger
Yeah, @Sanguine, you are undoubtedly the single biggest troublemaker on TBR.  I'm shocked by the hypocrisy of your screen name. :smokin:

You need to take forum etiquette lessons from a kinder, gentler guy--maybe @Frank Cannon.

:silly:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 06:00:16 pm »

I've said everything I have to say about this issue in 10 different ways. I give up.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 06:04:56 pm »
I've said everything I have to say about this issue in 10 different ways. I give up.
@Dexter
So allow me to translate your reply above:
“I didn’t bother to read the article because I might have to question my whole wold view.”

Color me not surprised.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 06:08:43 pm by Axeslinger »

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 06:11:00 pm »
Translated as:  I didn’t bother to read the article because I might have to question my whole wold view.

Color me not surprised.

That website is right leaning and this issue has been turned into a partisan fight. That website isn't any more reliable on this issue than ThinkProgress.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 06:14:33 pm »
That website is right leaning and this issue has been turned into a partisan fight. That website isn't any more reliable on this issue than ThinkProgress.

@Dexter
Turn the dumbass knob down and turn the critical thinking knob up and read the article and comment on the substance of the article rather than just taking the low information, attack the messenger approach. 

I’m convinced you may still have two functioning neurons still talking to each other.  I have faith in you.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 06:33:55 pm by Axeslinger »

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 08:26:23 pm »

Yes as to the first part, but the essential claim is objective, not partisan, and should be capable of evaluation by even non-experts.  Namely, are the models used to generate the temperature warnings sufficiently reliable, or are they based on poorly understood variables, missing variables, and manually input values that are used to make the results come out the way the modeler wants them to, or not?

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2018, 08:30:35 pm »
Yes as to the first part, but the essential claim is objective, not partisan, and should be capable of evaluation by even non-experts.  Namely, are the models used to generate the temperature warnings sufficiently reliable, or are they based on poorly understood variables, missing variables, and manually input values that are used to make the results come out the way the modeler wants them to, or not?

Apparently @Dexter lacks the intellectual honesty to confront his own biases...deferring instead to some all knowing oracles that he calls “scientists”....but only those who support those same biases.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 08:33:39 pm »

Would you knock it off talking like that.  There is no place for reasoned thought and logic like that in this topic.

You sir need to leave now!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 08:34:17 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 08:41:34 pm »
Apparently @Dexter lacks the intellectual honesty to confront his own biases...deferring instead to some all knowing oracles that he calls “scientists”....but only those who support those same biases.

FWIW, even TBR has more than a few people who are too proud/stubborn to retract or even seriously reconsider the wrongheaded positions that they have hastily taken in public on our forum. 

Anyway, Dexter doesn't seem to be a "really bad" guy.  (Heck, none of us are innately good.  As a matter of fact, the really bad guys are the libs who think that they are innately good.)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 08:44:19 pm »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 08:48:53 pm »
@Axeslinger

You are totally correct. The proper way to handle this is not by pinging the poster. That's uncouth. Rather you should trackhim/her down, call them a dirty son of a bitch and then post a link to the thread you want them to check out.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 08:51:36 pm »
You are totally correct. The proper way to handle this is not by pinging the poster. That's uncouth. Rather you should trackhim/her down, call them a dirty son of a bitch and then post a link to the thread you want them to check out.

You really take your Ambassadorship responsibilities seriously.  That is some very good advice.

Well done sir.  You deserve a raise in pay.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 08:52:12 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2018, 09:00:25 pm »

Over a few days,, I posted several articles by competent authorities. He did not respond to a single one, so I gave up on HIM.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2018, 09:05:54 pm »
FWIW, even TBR has more than a few people who are too proud/stubborn to retract or even seriously reconsider the wrongheaded positions that they have hastily taken in public on our forum. 

Anyway, Dexter doesn't seem to be a "really bad" guy.  (Heck, none of us are innately good.  As a matter of fact, the really bad guys are the libs who think that they are innately good.)
@the_doc
I agree

But sticking your fingers in your ears and singing lalalalala is not the best way to convince others of your “alleged” desire for serious conversation.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2018, 09:13:15 pm »

I challenge Dexter to define a "math model," "algorithm," etc. how he chooses.

His purpose if he accept the challenge, would be to merely demonstrate that he even understands the process.

And I keep on repeating the question "What cause the warming  to bring about, the end of previous Ice Ages?"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline the_doc

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2018, 09:25:06 pm »
@the_doc
But sticking your fingers in your ears and singing lalalalala is not the best way to convince others of your “alleged” desire for serious conversation.

Well, there's that.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2018, 09:46:01 pm »

Huh?  Right leaning?  So you are basically admitting that AGW is a "left leaning position?

You are making progress son.  Keep it up.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.