Author Topic: Senate sends two-week funding measure to Trump  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Senate sends two-week funding measure to Trump
« on: December 07, 2018, 03:39:55 am »

Senate sends two-week funding measure to Trump

By Jordain Carney - 12/06/18 12:54 PM EST

The Senate approved a two-week government funding bill on Thursday, sending the measure to the White House and pushing a fight over the U.S.-Mexico border wall up against the holidays.

The Senate passed the continuing resolution by a voice vote hours after it was approved in the House. President Trump will need to sign it by the end of the day Friday to prevent a partial government shutdown.

The resolution punts the funding deadline from Dec. 7 to Dec. 21, a week after Congress’s initial get-out-of-town date of Dec. 14.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/420051-senate-sends-two-week-funding-measure-to-trump

A look at failure
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Senate sends two-week funding measure to Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 04:08:07 am »
Time to man up, Mr. President.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 04:24:55 am »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 04:39:57 am »
Time to man up, Mr. President.

Yes, past time!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 05:03:22 am »
Lol.  why do we play these games still?  there is no drama left.  Trump gets nothing.  You know it.  I know it.  The American people know it.  cue laugh track.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 05:18:29 am »
Lol.  why do we play these games still?  there is no drama left.  Trump gets nothing.  You know it.  I know it.  The American people know it.  cue laugh track.

Well, he either Vetoes, Signs, or allows it to become law in a couple weeks.  We know what a manned up President would do, so in the meantime...

:2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 05:31:02 am »
Well, he either Vetoes, Signs, or allows it to become law in a couple weeks.  We know what a manned up President would do, so in the meantime...

:2popcorn:
Fair enough...any idea if Trump threatened to VETO over Planned Parenthood funding or is that not even a consideration?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:37:15 am by Once-Ler »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 05:41:09 am »
Where are we now?
$4T, and it didn't even last a year.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 05:44:55 am »
Fair enough...any idea if Trump threatened to VETO over Planned Parenthood funding or is that not even a consideration?

I have no idea, but probably not.  No bleep Hats on the Mall.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 05:46:02 am »
Where are we now?

That is a good question....I almost forgot the Bill to end all Bills.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 06:07:24 am »
Where are we now?
The Trump style of legislative ineffectiveness, swamp overfilling of corruption,  arrogant betrayal of core election issues like the Wall and Planned Parenthood funding, and erosion of Republican power on the national, state, and local level,  don't come cheap @roamer_1

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 06:08:41 am »
The Trump style of legislative ineffectiveness, swamp overfilling of corruption,  arrogant betrayal of core election issues like the Wall and Planned Parenthood funding, and erosion of Republican power on the national, state, and local level,  don't come cheap @roamer_1

Hey pal, you're preachin to the choir.  :beer:

@Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 06:23:25 am »
Hey pal, you're preachin to the choir.  :beer:

@Once-Ler

@roamer_1 Then I'm sure we agree that after a grueling 45 minutes of coloring the bi-weekly security briefing with the full 44 piece crayola set, a President needs to unwind with some tax payer subsidized golf at his Mara Lago resort and a golden shower.  Amiright? :patriot:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 06:27:23 am »
@roamer_1 Then I'm sure we agree that after a grueling 45 minutes of coloring the bi-weekly security briefing with the full 44 piece crayola set, a President needs to unwind with some tax payer subsidized golf at his Mara Lago resort and a golden shower.  Amiright? :patriot:

Pretty sure, @Once-Ler ... Though I cannot speak with authority... All my showers are chrome  happy77