Author Topic: Why Social Security may survive longer than the government expects  (Read 901 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Social Security might have a shot at surviving for another generation — and that’s thanks to 78.1 million individuals who will be contributing to it.

These 78.1 million individuals who come after the (loser generation) millennials and were born after 1997 make up what is known as Generation Z.

According to the Morgan Stanley report, the increase in the expected number of workers may allow Social Security to remain alive well beyond 2034.

If Morgan Stanley is right, the Social Security trust fund reserves may become depleted in 2062. It likely will delay the date of depletion for Medicare funds as well, the report said.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-social-security-may-survive-longer-than-the-government-expects-2018-12-06
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Oceander

Re: Why Social Security may survive longer than the government expects
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 03:58:29 am »
In other words, the Ponzi scheme has been pushed off because we’ve found the next generation of suckers who will pay in but get nothing in return.

I’d be inclined to say “what, me worry”, since this means I’ll get mine, but my daughter is in that group, and I don’t like the idea of her being played for a sucker.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 03:59:45 am »
In other words, the Ponzi scheme has been pushed off because we’ve found the next generation of suckers who will pay in but get nothing in return.

I’d be inclined to say “what, me worry”, since this means I’ll get mine, but my daughter is in that group, and I don’t like the idea of her being played for a sucker.

Your beef is with FDR.  Take it up with him.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 04:13:30 am »

Yeah. We'll see if you have the same concern for her after she sticks you in a cut rate nursing home with abusive aids and uses her POA to steal all your shit in a couple years.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 04:28:15 am »
Your beef is with FDR.  Take it up with him.

No, my beef is with the government and the electorate that refuses to be fiscally prudent.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 04:28:50 am »
Yeah. We'll see if you have the same concern for her after she sticks you in a cut rate nursing home with abusive aids and uses her POA to steal all your shit in a couple years.

Whatever Frank.  BIOYA

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 04:31:23 am »
No, my beef is with the government and the electorate that refuses to be fiscally prudent.

Right.  Keep that thought and remember the lock box.....

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 04:34:15 am »
Right.  Keep that thought and remember the lock box.....

Maybe you should try responding to the post that was written?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 04:38:49 am »
Whatever Frank.  BIOYA

See. That's the type of attitude that is going to get you into that govt' run nursing home where no one speaks English. I figure if you are as big a know nothing blow hard on the forum as you are at home people will be pushing each other out of their way to sign you into that type of place.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 04:40:04 am »
Maybe you should try responding to the post that was written?

Right.  I'll take it under advisement
/Snicker.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 04:47:49 am »

"the government," "the electorate, "fiscally prudent?

Pretty vague, and no solution offered.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 04:54:51 am »

"the government," "the electorate, "fiscally prudent?

Pretty vague, and no solution offered.

You are not understanding what the poster is saying because you need to have a paradigm shift proactively to see the synergy between the commingled concepts. When you do it is clear that the poster is setting things up for a higher level of mission critical solutions.