Author Topic: Principal bans red, green and everything Christmas before Liberty Counsel steps in to put her in che  (Read 1023 times)

Offline mrclose

I don’t know what it is with the crazed leftists and that insane wide-eyed look of theirs but it is handy for rapidly identifying them!

In the name of inclusivity, a Nebraska elementary school principal banned Santa Clause from the classroom. In fact, doing her best Ebenezer Scrooge impersonation, she went so far as to ban Christmas altogether.

In a directive to teachers, Manchester Elementary School Principal Jennifer Sinclair effectively censored all Christmas holiday symbols, according to Liberty Counsel.

“[W]e are not to be doing any Christmas or holiday-specific themed activities with students. Santa and Christmas items are not to be on activities or copies,” Sinclair instructed, saying because of varying religious beliefs, they must be “inclusive.”

Not that the “Unintentional Grinch,” as she referred to herself, was going to get away with stealing Christmas, thanks to Liberty Counsel, a public policy group dedicated to religious liberty issues.
Principal Dr. Jen Sinclair – Elkhorn Public Schools

More on that in a moment, but first let’s explore what Sinclair banned.

Christmas trees were banned in the classroom, as was playing Christmas music and singing Christmas Carols. Showing Christmas movies was out and making Christmas ornaments as a gift was not allowed.

Even Elf on the Shelf didn’t make the cut, nor did Rudolph — yes, she nixed reindeer.

The colors red and green were not allowed, and candy canes were banned — Liberty Counsel explained, “Historically, the shape is a ‘J’ for Jesus. The red is for the blood of Christ, and the white is a symbol of his resurrection.”

Sinclair’s “acceptable” list included “snowmen, snow women, snow people” and even “snowflakes” — not the liberal variety.

Gingerbread people also made the cut, as did polar bears, penguins, and Yetis and Olaf, the snowman from the movie “Frozen.”

Oh, and hot chocolate was allowed, along with “scarves, boots, earmuffs, and hats” — it is Nebraska after all.

Liberty Counsel intervened, sending a letter to Elkhorn Public Schools warning them that the Christmas ban was unconstitutional.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/12/05/principal-bans-red-green-and-everything-christmas-before-liberty-counsel-steps-in-to-put-her-in-check-699709
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Good for them. Liberals go so far in banning things for 'inclusiveness' that they wander toward being hostile toward what they're banning, violating the Constitution.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She looks like a loser Millennial.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

"Inclusive" to these idiots means excluding everything that isn't common between all people.

What does that leave exactly? I mean really... People with 10 fingers is offensive to those with 9... And so on...

When you are bent on lowering everything to the least common denominator all you have left is stupid.

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline goatprairie

She's against Christmas, but I'll be Principal Sinclair would be on board with the idea of having her students immersed in Muslim culture. Have the girls dress in hijabs and the boys carry scimitars for fake beheadings of infidels.

Offline dfwgator

Well, what does Red Green have to do with Christmas, anyway?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The principal of Manchester Elementary in Elkhorn is on administrative leave after sending a directive to staff to ban certain religious Christmas decorations in the classrooms.

District spokesperson Kara Perchal said Jennifer Sinclair is a new principal and did not consult with administrators about school policy concerning the handling of religious holiday themes.

https://www.ketv.com/article/elkhorn-elementary-principal-put-on-leave-for-banning-santa-candy-canes-and-other-christmas-decorations/25424233

Offline ConstitutionRose

Perchal also said the district is receiving a "high volume" of phone calls from people with "concerns." She said the calls do not rise to the level of hate calls or threats and police have not been called.

However, in an email to parents the district said, "As an added safety measure and in an act of extreme precaution, Officer Miller will be present at the school throughout the coming days."

:facepalm:  Sounds like a lot of parents were more than a little irritated with the principal.  It is Nebraska after all.  Wonder if she was a native or an import from somewhere like California.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The principal of Manchester Elementary in Elkhorn is on administrative leave after sending a directive to staff to ban certain religious Christmas decorations in the classrooms.

District spokesperson Kara Perchal said Jennifer Sinclair is a new principal and did not consult with administrators about school policy concerning the handling of religious holiday themes.

https://www.ketv.com/article/elkhorn-elementary-principal-put-on-leave-for-banning-santa-candy-canes-and-other-christmas-decorations/25424233

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

Good. Hopefully the next step is firing and a negative letter of reference to any future employers. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Good. Hopefully the next step is firing and a negative letter of reference to any future employers.

Wow. A stern letter in her permanent file. Don't you think you are taking this a little too far?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wow. A stern letter in her permanent file. Don't you think you are taking this a little too far?

I'm sure there are lots of schools that would consider this story a Resume Enhancer.  There's a bright future for her in Portlandia or San Francisco.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline NavyCanDo

Fell a long way since my principle would dress as Santa and visit each classroom on the last day of school before vacation. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Fell a long way since my principle would dress as Santa and visit each classroom on the last day of school before vacation.
We've been headed this way for a long time, ever since Christmas Vacation and Easter Vacation became winter and spring break, one of the first moves communists make is to eliminate religion and where better to start than with the children.

Offline Wingnut

I'm sure there are lots of schools that would consider this story a Resume Enhancer.  There's a bright future for her in Portlandia or San Francisco.

Or Deerbornastan and New Somalia MN.