Author Topic: Remembering President George H.W. Bush - Hudson Institute  (Read 290 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Remembering President George H.W. Bush - Hudson Institute
« on: December 06, 2018, 08:17:50 am »
Remembering President George H.W. Bush

Hudson Institute

Hudson Institute joins the nation and the world in mourning the passing of a great statesman and wise patriot, the 41st President of the United States, George Herbert Walker Bush.

“President George H. W. Bush was the first American president I came to know personally as I worked on his 1980 presidential campaign,” said Hudson President and CEO Ken Weinstein. “Among the things that drew me to Ambassador Bush’s campaign were the three words that defined him then and throughout the course of his extraordinary and consequential life: Honor, Duty, Country.”

Whether it was standing up as a sixteen-year-old to anti-Semitism at Andover, where he took on the bullies taunting a new classmate, or enlisting the day after his 18th birthday—June 13, 1942—to become the youngest fighter pilot in the history of the U.S. Navy, it was George H. W. Bush’s unwavering courage in standing for what was right that defined him.

Read more at: https://www.hudson.org/research/14722-remembering-president-george-h-w-bush