Author Topic: Rush: Where Was This Love for George H.W. Bush When He Was President?  (Read 485 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Where Was This Love for George H.W. Bush When He Was President?

Dec 4, 2018

RUSH: Man, oh, man, I’m watching all of this praise for George H. W. Bush. It’s unbelievable! I can’t help but wonder, where was all this when he was president? All of this love, all this admiration, all of this praise, all of this devotion. What a great guy. What he meant to civility. Where was all this? ‘Cause I’m telling you, it wasn’t there.

And I’m gonna have more audio sound bites today as the program unfolds to demonstrate it. They never covered this man this way when he was alive. They never covered this man this way when he was president of the United States. And we know what they did to his son.

They literally tried to destroy the presidency of George W. Bush just like they’re trying to destroy the presidency of Donald Trump. They even came up with a false rumor. They said that George H. W. Bush had an affair with one of his secretaries. Do you remember this? It was totally untrue. It was during the campaign. It was a massive smear and it was right there in the Drive-By Media.

And this is one of the few times that I saw the Bush family rise up in indignation to stop and oppose this. I mean, when Bush was running for office, there was none of this. There was none of this respect. There was none of this admiration. There was none of this, “Oh, my God. What a great guy, what he means for civility.” They never talked about the contributions to civility that George H. W. Bush made while he was — I’m not kidding, folks. Where was all this?

If this man was this great on reflection, then why wasn’t he covered this way? The reason he’s being covered this way now is because he’s gone. That’s what you have to do to get respected and to be revered by the Drive-By Media, leave, however you do it. Once you’re no longer a factor, that’s when we’ll praise the hilt out of you.

On one hand — and I would be remiss not to admit this — on one hand, it’s nice to see. But, on the other hand, it’s so phony. And it’s so omnipresent that I can’t help but make the observation. I mean, the Drive-By Media is still churning out articles that bemoan the difference between the golden age of civility under George H. W. Bush compared to the nightmare they claim we’re suddenly experiencing under Trump.

Wait a minute. Are you telling me that they’re saying the last time we had any kind of civility was back during George H. W. Bush? What about Obama? I thought Obama was the architect of civility. I mean, they loved Obama. They didn’t think Obama was divisive. They covered Obama the way they’re covering George H. W. Bush, but somehow we have to go all the way back to Bush to find when Washington was civil? What did Bush do that they liked? He lost in 1992.

And even Paul Ryan yesterday, during the ceremonies in the Capitol rotunda where the former president is lying in state, Paul Ryan said what he learned — did you hear this? — what he learned from George H. W. Bush was how to lose. I’ve got the audio sound bite here, and I’ve got ’em separated into stacks. Let me see if I can find this here. Grab sound bite number 16. This is how the Washington establishment likes their Republicans. If you’re Republican, if you’re going to Washington, this should be a guiding lesson for you.

RYAN: He was the first president I had the chance to vote for. And he was the first president to teach me and many of us living in a democracy, sometimes you fall short and that how you handle that, that is just as important as how you win.

RUSH: So he taught me how to lose. I mean, that’s what that means. I also saw George P. Bush, grandson, on CNN today. And he was telling the story of Election Day 1992 in the White House, President Bush called him into his office, “Hey, George P., come on in here, Son.” And George P.’s story was that George H. W. Bush was telling them that, “We’re not gonna make it tonight, Son. We’re gonna come up short.” Meaning, we’re gonna lose reelection. And he was writing notes. George H. W. Bush was writing personal notes to all the people who had worked so hard for him.

And that was the story from George P. Bush, that even in the throes of losing, even in the throes of defeat, President Bush was still reaching out to those who — by the way, that aspect is true; don’t misunderstand. It dovetails with the Paul Ryan. Now, Ryan said much more than this. But I just thought it is newsworthy, if you put everything in context here, the Drive-Bys still write all these articles bemoaning the difference, the golden age — there wasn’t any golden age of civility! This is my point.

My friends, this program started in 1988, August of 1988, right smack-dab in the middle of the 1988 presidential campaign. And I remember what they did to Bush in that campaign. He was down at one point 18 to 20 points to Dukakis. And then the Willie Horton ad comes up, and George Bush didn’t run that ad, had nothing to do with it. Floyd Brown put that ad together.

The original Willie Horton ad didn’t even have a picture of Willie Horton in it. It didn’t mention race whatsoever, but they tried to tie Bush to the ad and claim that he was racist, and this is typical of the Republicans who hate black people. I mean, this is the stuff they were saying about the guy in the ’88 presidential campaign!

They made fun of him for being an out-of-touch elitist. He didn’t know what a supermarket scanner was. I’m sure you’ve heard that story over and over by now. And that was totally manufactured and made up by the New York Times. He did know what a supermarket scanner was.

The details of that story, by the way, if you want to know, the manufacturers of the scanner that Bush was having demonstrated told him that the latest innovation, you could rip up your receipt, you could rip up this or that and our scanner would still recognize it. That’s what Bush was marveling at, not the fact that were scanners out there. He knew there were scanners, but the media, led by the New York Times, tried to portray him as so elite and aloof and out of touch, he had no idea how real people lived.

They gave him grief for driving his cigarette boat during the Gulf War. They gave him grief for playing golf. They gave him grief for recreating too much. They accused him of blood for oil. They accused him of trying to personally profit in the oil business going into Kuwait to kick Saddam out, just like they did of his son. And just like they did Dick Cheney. Remember Halliburton, Dick Cheney only went into Iraq and tried to install his buddies to run Iraq because Cheney personally with his buddies at Halliburton wanted the oil.

Same thing with George H. W. Bush during the first Gulf War and all during the campaign. So I watch this stuff. I literally marvel at it, at the utter hypocrisy. And then you have to ask, why? What is the purpose? And, of course, the purpose is the ongoing and never-ending comparison to Donald Trump.

Look at this. The AP (the Ass-sociated Press) has an article this morning. “GOP Laments Bush’s Death as End of ‘a Culture of Civility.'” The GOP, the Republican Party is out there lamenting the death of Bush because the Republican Party knows that this is the end of civility, and this article says at one point, “[T]he nation’s 41st and 45th presidents shared little in personality or worldview. And beyond personality, the conflicting presidencies underscore just how little remains today of the Grand Old Party that Bush once led.

“Trump’s GOP has undercut long-cherished Republican pillars of free trade, federal spending and environmental protection.” Can I translate this for you? It means (translated), “Bush was a globalist and Trump is a nationalist! Trump is putting America first, and Bush realized there had to be a New World Order with the United States and a big, long table with other nations at the U.N.” Trump has undercut pillars of free trade? He’s rebuilding it, for crying out loud! Not only is he rebuilding it, he’s retitling and renaming it as “fair trade.”

Federal spending? Would somebody tell me when it’s ever gone down? Which party is known for cutting federal spending? (interruption) Well… (interruption) No, no, no. The Republicans never did it, really. They talked about it. Democrats just never talked about it. Republicans always… It was a pillar, and the Republican House in 1994 did balance the budget one year and did create a surplus, and what’d Democrats say we needed to do with it? “We need to get rid of the defense department now! We need to get rid of defense. We need to get rid of all…”

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/12/04/where-was-this-love-for-george-h-w-bush-when-he-was-president/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34