Author Topic: The last stand of Congress’s Never Trump brigade  (Read 485 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The last stand of Congress’s Never Trump brigade
« on: December 03, 2018, 07:54:37 pm »
So long losers!

Sean Sullivan
Reporter covering national politics
December 2 at 12:54 PM
Some of President Trump’s loudest Republican critics are asserting themselves during their final weeks in Congress, as the GOP prepares to usher in a class of lawmakers poised to show stronger support for the White House.

One defiant Republican is seeking to protect the special counsel investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election, another wants to toughen U.S. policy toward Saudi Arabia, and a third is warning that embracing Trump is perilous for the future of the Republican Party.

The moves amount to a last gasp from a wing of the GOP that has been unable steer the party away from Trump during the first two years of his presidency and will see its ranks diminished in the next Congress. The shifting dynamic reflects Trump’s dominance in the party and the marginalization of dissenting voices, even after a disappointing midterm election for Republicans in which Democrats won back the House.

“This is the president’s party now. It really is. I don’t think you can read it any other way,” said Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), who is retiring and has frequently voiced concerns about Trump.

But first, he is trying to use his remaining time in office to press for a vote on a bill to protect special counsel Robert S. Mueller III from being fired by refusing to support Trump’s judicial nominees until he gets one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/the-last-stand-of-congresss-never-trump-brigade/2018/12/02/55babb72-f41a-11e8-aeea-b85fd44449f5_story.html?utm_term=.bf8acdb91479
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The last stand of Congress’s Never Trump brigade
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 09:45:57 pm »
Well, Traitor Flake, you attempted to bully Grassley, so he punted and you're not getting it.  What's next, bubba?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 09:55:05 pm »
McConnell has been the one pushing the judges. I don't why he doesn't tell Flake that his lame duck crap isn't going to happen, and replace him. Although I suppose there's nothing to lose waiting a month.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 11:24:12 pm »
McConnell has been the one pushing the judges. I don't why he doesn't tell Flake that his lame duck crap isn't going to happen, and replace him. Although I suppose there's nothing to lose waiting a month.

Trump will just need to re-nominate them. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 12:16:49 am »

Flake would just vote against the nominees when brought to the floor of the Senate.  Four weeks from now Flake will be nothing more than a lingering bad smell....and even that will be short-lived.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 02:39:34 am »
And there's only 1 proper response to the Rat Gestapo Borking of Kavanaugh.

Nominate THE most openly, Originalist, Constructivist, Conservative Justices he can find.

Bipartisan gets us nothing but our fingers bitten off.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 03:14:37 am »
And there's only 1 proper response to the Rat Gestapo Borking of Kavanaugh.

Nominate THE most openly, Originalist, Constructivist, Conservative Justices he can find.

Bipartisan gets us nothing but our fingers bitten off.

McConnell would have a vested interest in dumping either of these two onto the SC. 
   GTFO of my Senate!   

*Conservatives need no longer apply.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 03:22:44 am »

McConnell would have a vested interest in dumping either of these two onto the SC. 
   GTFO of my Senate!   

*Conservatives need no longer apply.

You already know my beef with Both of these streetwalkers, but on the SC they'd be beyond any need to sell out for campaign cash.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com