Author Topic: 52% of Americans Would Be 'Very Comfortable' with Woman President  (Read 1575 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
52% of Americans Would Be 'Very Comfortable' with Woman President
November 29, 2018
    Dora Mekouar

Several Democratic women, including Senators Kamala Harris (California), Elizabeth Warren (Massachusetts), Kirsten Gillibrand (New York) and possibly even 2016 nominee Hillary Clinton, are potential presidential contenders in 2020, but it could be more of an uphill battle for them than for their male counterparts.

That's because just over half of Americans are totally comfortable with the idea of a woman president, according to a new report by the consulting firm Kantar Public.

The report finds that while 63 percent of Americans are perfectly fine with the idea of a woman heading a major corporation, just 52 percent are as comfortable with a scenario featuring a female president.

Read more at: https://www.voanews.com/a/of-americans-would-be-very-comfortable-with-a-woman-president-/4679875.html

Actually, I'd think the percent should be even higher.   I'd be comfortable with a woman president, just NONE of those names above... not just to have Obama II in the White House.

Offline corbe

Re: 52% of Americans Would Be 'Very Comfortable' with Woman President
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 06:16:33 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 10:17:53 pm »
Well in looking forward to 2020, should Trump decide not to seek re-election.  I believe Nikki Haley would be one candidate to consider, should you decide to run.  I hope that they would encourage and support her.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 10:28:50 pm »
LOL. The shiftless piece of filth Leftist that wrote this is excited that a measly 2% margin needed to win will accept a woman President. That's an actually pretty dismal number.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 11:03:27 pm »
LOL. The shiftless piece of filth Leftist that wrote this is excited that a measly 2% margin needed to win will accept a woman President. That's an actually pretty dismal number.
And that's not even factoring in partisan politics. You end up with a good chunk of her own party not voting for her because she's a woman, and the opposition voting uniformly against her because she's in the wrong party.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 02:37:31 am »
Not me.

I've said before that women simply do not belong in positions of high governmental power.

They lack the internal constitution to do the right thing, and to do "the hard things" when necessary.

There have been very very very few historical exceptions, and those exceptions serve to "prove the rule".

I truly hope I never feel obligated to vote for a woman as president.
I kinda cringe voting for them in any other position on the ballot.

Sorry ladies, that's my opinion and I ain't changin' it.
Call me a misogynist or whatever you wish, give it your best shot.
I could care less.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 03:01:51 am »
Not me.

I've said before that women simply do not belong in positions of high governmental power.

They lack the internal constitution to do the right thing, and to do "the hard things" when necessary.

There have been very very very few historical exceptions, and those exceptions serve to "prove the rule".

I could care less.

Literally the only reason I voted for McCain was because of Palin. If you think we hockey moms can’t hack it, then put up real men to take care of the job. Otherwise, piss off.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 03:03:25 am »

Women in charge? I thought you’d be into that sort of thing  :shrug:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 03:15:47 am »
I'd vote for most of the women here over any man I've voted for ever.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 03:21:56 am »
   Their are a few here that I would go Third Party again if they were on the ballot @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 03:26:19 am »
Women in charge? I thought you’d be into that sort of thing  :shrug:

I don't think you can discern from my comment bashing the Leftist writer whether I am in the 52% or the 48%.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 03:27:58 am »

Literally the only reason I voted for McCain was because of Palin. If you think we hockey moms can’t hack it, then put up real men to take care of the job. Otherwise, piss off.

I find most men anymore to be effeminate slobs or jackasses.  However, the women that I routinely interact with at work are down to earth, get the job done types.  Maybe it's time for a woman engineer POTUS. 

Of course, I would never vote for her.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 04:03:51 am »

I did, too. However, she's been rather disappointing over the past several years. I'm just not a big fan of reality shows.

There are plenty of women who I think would do a good job, though I can't think of one now. Not very many conservative women in public life today. Margaret Thatcher was an anomaly. Nikki Haley, Condi Rice, not conservative enough for me. Nor are any GOP women senators.

It's a moot point for now, Trump's running for re-election.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 04:04:50 am by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 04:51:50 am »
Hmm, this is a difficult one......................Absolutely.  I would trust a good strong woman over some of the wimps and weasels in Washington. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 04:57:24 am »
     If we had a Woman President wouldn't all yall's cycles sync up and the Country would literally shut down for a week?

*  Or worse we'd be at War with Eurasia again?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 04:59:10 am by corbe »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 05:01:14 am »
     If we had a Woman President wouldn't all yall's cycles sync up and the Country would literally shut down for a week?

*  Or worse we'd be at War with Eurasia again?

LOL @corbe
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 03:29:23 pm »
Depends on the woman. I do hope I live long enough to see it. Though.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 03:47:29 pm »
Actually, I'd think the percent should be even higher.   I'd be comfortable with a woman president, just NONE of those names above... not just to have Obama II in the White House.

So, @TomSea  you actually believe this poll?  When we cannot find any poll that has been even close to accurate in the last 5 years.

I would not be comfortable with a woman President.  It's a horrible idea.  The tiny few women who would make a decent president could never be elected and would never run anyway.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 03:50:42 pm »
Not me.

I could care less.

I agree with you @Fishrrman   There have been very few good women leaders.  Margaret Thatcher is one example.  Can't really think of another one.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 03:52:11 pm »
I agree with you @Fishrrman   There have been very few good women leaders.  Margaret Thatcher is one example.  Can't really think of another one.

Golda Meir?

I might also add the first Queen Elizabeth?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 03:53:03 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 04:07:50 pm »
Golda Meir?

I might also add the first Queen Elizabeth?

One of my former co-workers was a Brit.  She often said in British history  the queens were far better than the kings. 

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 04:18:39 pm »
I wanted Jeanne Kirkpatrick to run when Reagan left office.
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2018, 04:20:54 pm »

IF we do. I hope she is a clone of this lady......

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2018, 04:34:12 pm »
Depends on the woman. I do hope I live long enough to see it. Though.

I agree. It would be nice to see.

I would support anyone regardless of gender, if I thought certain that they had the necessary skills and background to succeed and would fight hard for my issues.

However, I would never support someone based solely on sex, race, ethnicity, species.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2018, 04:40:31 pm »
UK has a woman leader, Germany has one. These are top leaders in Europe and then, other nations have women leaders, Croatia for one. I'd have no problem with it. 

As for the polls, it was on Voice of America. I don't think it was a "leftist article" as one poster may have inferred because in the opening paragraph, Harris and Warren and Clinton were mentioned.  They have been involved in the talk of president for some time.

Nikki Haley or who else might be good on the GOP side? Marsha Blackburn, in the past, Sarah Palin. I think all of these are fair candidates.  Nikki might be one of those one-off candidates, not because she's a woman but nobody really is like her out there.