Author Topic: The Only Good Republican Is A Dead Republican  (Read 682 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The Only Good Republican Is A Dead Republican
« on: December 03, 2018, 01:22:37 pm »
The Only Good Republican Is A Dead Republican
Kurt Schlichter

The death of President George H. W. Bush provided liberals and their Fredocon houseboys yet another opportunity to lament the fact that all Republicans aren’t dead. Their feigned amnesia about what libs were saying while Bush 41 was still in the arena, and their latest hack attempt to tsk tsk tsk tsk about how the Bad Orange Man isn’t like [Insert Name of Dead Republican Here] serves to justify the prophylactic cynicism that we Normals should strive to cultivate.

President Bush was an imperfect man and a frustration to hardcore conservatives like me, but he was also a WW II hero and patriot, and he was my Commander-In-Chief when I went to war for the first time. I knew he would stand behind my troops and he did, and the good things I have to say about him on the occasion of his passing are proper and sincere. Patriot, war hero and my commander: that is how I choose to remember him.

The difference is that when conservatives like us focus on his positives, we are not trying to exploit his passing to score cheap points on the present president. Liberals are. They hated Bush 41 with a cold fury. Now, most of the juice box nimrods on social media or piping up on MSNBC were maybe three years old when he was the prezzy, so maybe they don’t remember that the liberals slimed him mercilessly. From the grocery scanner lie to the Willie Horton racism lie, to the wimp lie, it was all lies, all the time. In fact, even today, some libs are off-message and celebrating on Twitter.

Shhhh. You’re supposed to be pretending to revere him!

They did it with John McCain too, through his funeral and its endless sequels. “If only the Republican Party were dominated by a Republican like [Insert Name of Dead Republican Here] instead of that awful, awful Trump!” they sobbed as they shed their crock-adile tears, because it was a crock. There’s never going to be a Republican with a pulse who is not Der Führer reborn. Not McCain. Not Mitt. Not Bush 1.0 or 2.0. And Jeb!, had he become 3.0, would have been Hitler too.

Tell me that’s not so. Come on. Try.

continued at:  http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/12/03/the-only-good-republican-is-a-dead-republican-n2536850?utm_source=Schlichterdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=b93c7f777020fc3776e28575f1a4ca8a&pid=def86b0a-5714-4454-8b30-6de347ac5ce0

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: The Only Good Republican Is A Dead Republican
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 01:29:34 pm »
If anyone wants to remember how much the MSM HATED Bush just take a look at this "Straight News" piece......

Sorry...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 02:02:19 pm »
If anyone wants to remember how much the MSM HATED Bush just take a look at this "Straight News" piece......

Exactly, @Frank Cannon !
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 02:12:03 pm »
I'm trying to think of a Republican president or pres nominee in my lifetime, near seventy, whom the media didn't dislike/hate.
Going back to Eisenhower, even moderate Republican Ike was detested by all the good liberals in the media. Ike, the head of the Allied Forces in Europe that defeated Hitler and the president who integrated Southern schools, was regarded by many liberals as a golf-obsessed idiot who didn't care about the poor and oppressed.
Goldwater, though never elected president,  was reviled and torn to shreds by the media.  He was regarded as a crazed mad man who couldn't wait to start WWIII and a vile racist.
We know about Nixon and Watergate despite Nixon enacting many liberal-inspired laws and opening relations with communist China.
Reagan has his own chapter of filth thrown at him by the media. The people who think Trump is getting the worst from the media maybe weren't around when Reagan was in office. And there was no conservative talk radio or internet to counter lib propaganda back then.
Ike, Goldwater, Nixon, Reagan......all ridiculed, reviled, scorned, hated.
Ditto for every Republican since then.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 02:24:03 am »
Right on, Kurt.

And, same to you, Frank.

And goat wrote:
"I'm trying to think of a Republican president or pres nominee in my lifetime, near seventy, whom the media didn't dislike/hate."

They hated 'em all.
Nearly as much as they hate rank-and-file Republicans and traditional-minded Americans, like you... and me.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 02:47:40 am »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 05:44:19 am »
Going back to Eisenhower, even moderate Republican Ike was detested by all the good liberals in the media. Ike, the head of the Allied Forces in Europe that defeated Hitler and the president who integrated Southern schools, was regarded by many liberals as a golf-obsessed idiot who didn't care about the poor and oppressed.
Allowing that to liberals the mere presence of a Republican, whether or not said Republican is a genuine man or woman of the right, is enough to bring them to a boil (in William F. Buckley, Jr.'s phrase), Eisenhower was no favourite of conservatives during his presidency, perhaps the signature observation being Buckley's upon Eisenhower's death:

There are those who oppose Dwight Eisenhower because he was the man who defeated Adlai Stevenson. In their judgment it was profanation for anyone to stand in the way of Adlai Stevenson. And so when Eisenhower was inaugurated, they took up, and forever after maintained, a jeremiad on America the theme of which was: America is a horrible country because a banal and boring general with not an idea in his head gets to beat a scintillating intellectual who is in tune with the future . . .

Their criticisms never actually took hold. America wanted Eisenhower in preference to Stevenson; and however keenly we felt the death of Stevenson, it wasn't---speaking for the majority---because we had failed to confer the presidency upon him. Stevenson was born to be defeated for the presidency . . .

It is hardly a surprise that liberals would have faulted Eisenhower's performance as president, they having so hotly desired the election of another man. But the conservatives, or at least many of them, were genuinely disappointed that he let the federal government grow at a rate no domesticated Democrat could reasonably have exceeded. Disappointed by his failure to take decisive action against the Soviet Union notwithstanding unique historical opportunities, as for instance in Hungary, Egypt, and Cuba. Disappointed by his dismal unconcern with the philosophy of conservatism (of which he was a purely intuitive disciple) at a point in the evolution of America when a few conservative philosophers at his side might have accomplished more for the ends he sought to serve than the battery of sycophantic (and opportunistic) big businessmen with whom he loved to while away the hours.

(The foregoing was first anthologised in Buckley's 1968 book The Jeweler's Eye and collected again in the posthmous anthology A Torch Kept Lit: Great Lives of the Twentieth Century.)

One is reminded, too, that the departed Mr. Bush had his conservative critics, as well, and not merely over the broken reading of his lips, even if liberals weren't really half as orgiastic over the unlamented Michael Dukakis in 1988 as their fathers had been over Stevenson or their younger siblings would prove over Droopy-Drawers Clinton.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 05:50:20 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 07:50:12 pm »
I'm trying to think of a Republican president or pres nominee in my lifetime, near seventy, whom the media didn't dislike/hate.
Goldwater, though never elected president,  was reviled and torn to shreds by the media.  He was regarded as a crazed mad man who couldn't wait to start WWIII and a vile racist.
We know about Nixon and Watergate despite Nixon enacting many liberal-inspired laws and opening relations with communist China.
Reagan has his own chapter of filth thrown at him by the media. The people who think Trump is getting the worst from the media maybe weren't around when Reagan was in office. And there was no conservative talk radio or internet to counter lib propaganda back then.
Ike, Goldwater, Nixon, Reagan......all ridiculed, reviled, scorned, hated.
Ditto for every Republican since then.
------------------------------
A perspective of history.
The Republican Party was progressive left from day one around 1850,
never having anything to do w/conservative principle. NOTHING!
Then as the D Party shifted hard left in 1932, the Establishment shifted
their allegiance to them and it has remained w/the D's ever since.