Author Topic: Obama aides say Beto O'Rourke reminds them of the ex-president. Obama agrees.  (Read 733 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Dec. 2, 2018 / 4:53 AM CST
By Alex Seitz-Wald

WASHINGTON — Rep. Beto O'Rourke may have lost in Texas, but he's winning in Obamaland.

Aides to the former president and the man himself say O'Rourke's campaign against Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, gave them flashbacks to Obama's precocious political rise and has positioned the young white congressman as an early if unlikely heir to the first black president's "hope and change" mantle.

Obama said as much at an event in Chicago last week and some of his former political lieutenants have been publicly encouraging O'Rourke to consider a 2020 presidential bid, while privately counseling him on what to expect should he jump in.

Obama and his coterie are personally closer to any number of other potential candidates, especially former Vice President Joe Biden, and you'd be hard-pressed to find a photograph of Obama and O'Rourke together. Obama didn't even endorse O'Rourke in his Senate campaign.

The MSM has new leg tingle.  Nacho President.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/obama-aides-say-beto-o-rourke-reminds-them-ex-president-n942576
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Shallow, feckless, ideological and full of bad ideas?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Shallow, feckless, ideological and full of bad ideas?
@Sanguine

Checkered past, drug use, lacking in accomplishments as well.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
One thing I'll say for Beto is he took his licks, Castro wasn't going to beat Cruz in all likelihood and that's why he didn't run. Beto took the bull by the horns so to speak and lost too but he may have something in his future, I don't know what. I also heard him compared to RFK,  okay, per stature, kind of being long and tall with a bit of hair, I can see that. I don't care what anyone else says. I certainly would not see him as an intellectual equivalent to RFK. Beto has the loser issues of the DNC, so that plain sucks. If he was closer to the center, that'd be much better. The Dems aren't like that anymore.

Offline libertybele

@Sanguine

Tsk..tsk...you mean to tell me that his accomplishments have to be more than playing guitar and nursing a blind squirrel?  My your expectations are running high these days!  Ah, but remember, he did try to run from the scene of an accident, that should count for something. :shrug:    :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@Sanguine

Wow. He really is the white Obama!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I watched a debate between him and Cruz. He literally tries to mimic Obama. It's a little unsettling, a little Manchuran.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Obama aides say Beto O'Rourke reminds them of the ex-president.

Yeah, because they are both vapid empty suits running around with multiple aliases.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
@Free Vulcan
He literally tries to mimic Obama. It's a little unsettling, a little Manchuran.

Exactly!  Do you think "they" have a training school somewhere?

Offline libertybele

Obama aides say Beto O'Rourke reminds them of the ex-president.

Yeah, because they are both vapid empty suits running around with multiple aliases.

It appears that they both have neighborhood organizing skills.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
@Free Vulcan

I literally put nothing past the globalist party, i.e. the Democrats.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

@Free Vulcan

Training as in organizing rallies and rumor has it that Bammy has is own trained army.

Offline skeeter

Any empty vessel reminds me of Obama.

Just prop them up in front of a crowd and the MSM will tell us how spectacularly intelligent and capable they are.

Offline berdie

I said that when he was campaigning that he was emulating Obama's campaigns. Going to events in a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up (and still has them rolled up), doing concerts to make it look like there was a large crowd.  Being cool to the younger crowd. Never really says anything worth remembering...hope and change.

I was so hoping he would just go back to El Paso and disappear!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I forgot to mention Robert Francis's greatest accomplishment of all- skateboarding! Now that right there is presidential timber.
Principles matter. Words matter.