Author Topic: Curtains for the Clintons....By Maureen Dowd  (Read 1058 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Curtains for the Clintons....By Maureen Dowd
« on: December 02, 2018, 03:36:45 pm »
Curtains for the Clintons

By Maureen Dowd

Opinion Columnist

Dec. 1, 2018

Empty seats at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto last week during Bill and Hillary Clinton’s speaking event.CreditCreditShawn McCreesh/The New York Times

TORONTO — The snow is falling lightly.

My thoughts are racing darkly.

I’m feeling something foreign, something I’ve never felt before. It takes me a moment to identify it.

I’m feeling sorry for the Clintons.

In the 27 years I’ve covered Bill and Hillary, I’ve experienced a range of emotions. They’ve dazzled me and they’ve disgusted me.

But now they’re mystifying me.

I’m looking around Scotiabank Arena, the home of the Toronto Maple Leafs, and it’s a depressing sight. It’s two-for-the-price-of-one in half the arena. The hockey rink is half curtained off, but even with that, organizers are scrambling at the last minute to cordon off more sections behind thick black curtains, they say due to a lack of sales. I paid $177 weeks in advance. (I passed on the pricey meet-and-greet option.) On the day of the event, some unsold tickets are slashed to single digits.

I get reassigned to another section as the Clintons’ audience space shrinks. But even with all the herding, I’m still looking at large swaths of empty seats — and I cringe at the thought that the Clintons will look out and see that, too. It was only four years ago, after all, that Canadians were clamoring to buy tickets to see the woman who seemed headed for history.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/01/opinion/sunday/hillary-bill-clinton-tour.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Curtains for the Clintons....By Maureen Dowd
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 07:33:42 pm »
 :rolling: :rolling:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 07:42:45 pm »
Hey MoDo......

CZJ sends her best......

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 07:50:06 pm »
Blah blah blah....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 08:30:21 pm »
Blah blah blah....

The clintoons would speechify to a hall filled with only empty chairs just to hear themselves talk.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 08:40:22 pm »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 09:22:37 pm »
I paid $177 weeks in advance.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 09:28:23 pm »

[/quote]

@Frank Cannon

Funny how we subliminally add our favorite shots.   I see your weakness must be legs and stilettos.  I am a cleavage guy myself.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 10:12:30 pm »

@Frank Cannon

Funny how we subliminally add our favorite shots.   I see your weakness must be legs and stilettos.  I am a cleavage guy myself.

Actually I am an earlobe guy, but that's a story for another day.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 10:30:22 pm »
   I'd bet that their public execution would fill the likes of the AT&T Stadium in Dallas (100K)

Proving once again you're worth more dead than alive.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 10:37:57 pm »
   I'd bet that their public execution would fill the likes of the AT&T Stadium in Dallas (100K)

As long as I don't have to pay $200 just to park there, as you have to for Cowboys' games.

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 11:16:25 pm »
   The PPV rights alone could add another wall around California.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.