Author Topic: Schiff: Trump refusal to rule out Manafort pardon adds to evidence of obstruction of justice  (Read 1742 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schiff: Trump refusal to rule out Manafort pardon adds to evidence of obstruction of justice
By Brett Samuels - 12/02/18 10:25 AM EST

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said Sunday that President Trump's refusal to rule out a pardon for his former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, adds to evidence that the president is obstructing justice.

"The president continues to dangle a pardon for Paul Manafort, which only adds to growing body of evidence that the president is engaged in obstructing justice," Schiff, the incoming chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said on ABC's "This Week."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/419329-schiff-trump-refusal-to-rule-out-manafort-pardon-adds-to-potential
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Maybe I am just a simple girl that believes in rule of law but I don't understand this at all:

Let me reiterate. Multiple sources have confirmed to me and others tonight despite what the media is reporting this guilty plea has nothing to do with the campaign, Trump or any collusion with Russia. We have numerous sources confirming to us tonight. Instead it has everything to do with Manafort not paying federal taxes on millions of dollars which he made as an unregistered lobbyist for Ukraine's former pro-Russian president.

"The Daily Caller" is reporting tonight that Manafort's cooperation has nothing to do with Russia and collusion with the special counsel and has a lot more to do with the man by the name of Tony Podesta. He's the brother of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta. He's founder of a once very large lobbying organization called the Podesta Group. And according to the Manafort indictment, if the media would ever take the time read it, various employees of companies A and B understood that they were receiving direction from Manafort and, yes, that president of Ukraine.

https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/rudy-giuliani-reacts-to-paul-manaforts-plea-deal

Sean Hannity can't go a day without excusing Manafort for his "past crimes".  If any one of us didn't pay taxes on millions of dollars do you think we would be excused?  Furthermore how hard is it to figure out the policy when this guy was a Russian stooge against the Ukraine?  Don't tell me Trump didn't know about this when he hired him.

All of Trumps problems are a result of him hiring his friends who are either liberal or involved as Manafort was with Russia.  Maybe I just don't understand but this ties the Clintons, Manafort A and
B together with That Pro Russian President of Ukrain

end-

Its mind boggling how this could be defended.  Is it crazy to expect that people working for the President should not be criminal stooges for a Pro Russian Ukrainian President?

No sympathy from me.  Suspicion deserved.  If there was no collusion fine, but Manafort is still a criminal who deserves to go to prison.  How can we expect anyone to follow the law if the people working for the President are Federal Criminals?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 09:22:01 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Oceander

Schiff is an idiot.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schiff is an idiot.

Two years of Schitt at the microphone.... 9999hair out0000
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Wide-eyed Woody is going to be making hundreds, if not thousands, of baseless accusations.  888mouth
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline DB

Brings back dark memories of Henry Waxman...

A real piece of work...

Online libertybele

Maybe I am just a simple girl that believes in rule of law but I don't understand this at all:

Let me reiterate. Multiple sources have confirmed to me and others tonight despite what the media is reporting this guilty plea has nothing to do with the campaign, Trump or any collusion with Russia. We have numerous sources confirming to us tonight. Instead it has everything to do with Manafort not paying federal taxes on millions of dollars which he made as an unregistered lobbyist for Ukraine's former pro-Russian president.

"The Daily Caller" is reporting tonight that Manafort's cooperation has nothing to do with Russia and collusion with the special counsel and has a lot more to do with the man by the name of Tony Podesta. He's the brother of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta. He's founder of a once very large lobbying organization called the Podesta Group. And according to the Manafort indictment, if the media would ever take the time read it, various employees of companies A and B understood that they were receiving direction from Manafort and, yes, that president of Ukraine.

https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/rudy-giuliani-reacts-to-paul-manaforts-plea-deal

Sean Hannity can't go a day without excusing Manafort for his "past crimes".  If any one of us didn't pay taxes on millions of dollars do you think we would be excused?  Furthermore how hard is it to figure out the policy when this guy was a Russian stooge against the Ukraine?  Don't tell me Trump didn't know about this when he hired him.

Whoa.  Hold on for a minute.  So, on what basis and evidence did Mueller have to investigate Manafort?  Was Mueller given carte blanche to investigate anyone for anyone reason connected in anyway to the Trump administration?? 

All of Trumps problems are a result of him hiring his friends who are either liberal or involved as Manafort was with Russia.  Maybe I just don't understand but this ties the Clintons, Manafort A and
B together with That Pro Russian President of Ukrain

end-

Its mind boggling how this could be defended.  Is it crazy to expect that people working for the President should not be criminal stooges for a Pro Russian Ukrainian President?

No sympathy from me.  Suspicion deserved.  If there was no collusion fine, but Manafort is still a criminal who deserves to go to prison.  How can we expect anyone to follow the law if the people working for the President are Federal Criminals?

Whoa.  Hold on for a minute. Mueller was appointed by Rosentein as special counsel to investigate Russian collusion.  There has been question as to why Mueller has been allowed to investigate outside of those parameters.  There also has been great concern that little or no parameters were set, which then boils down to nothing more than a witch hunt into those associated with Trump.  So, on what basis and evidence did Mueller have to investigate Manafort?  Why has Mueller been given carte blanche to investigate anyone for anyone reason connected in anyway to the Trump administration??  For one that indicates that the investigations go beyond Russian collusion.  Again, nothing but a witch hunt.

Evading taxes is one issue, but I'm missing the  direct connection between Muellers investigation and Manafort's colluding with Russia.

That's just like the police looking for drugs in your house because your neighbor doesn't like you because of your affiliations with the church that you belong to and though they didn't find any drugs, they ran across your bank statement and discovered that you hadn't paid any taxes recently and then turn around and arrest you. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If Trump were to fart in the general direction of Mueller, little Schitt would think it was obstruction of justice.

What little Schitt really wants is for Mueller to ramrod and steamroll over Trump with any kind of manufactured contraption of a case just to get his appearance of criminality for political gain.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

If Trump were to fart in the general direction of Mueller, little Schitt would think it was obstruction of justice.

What little Schitt really wants is for Mueller to ramrod and steamroll over Trump with any kind of manufactured contraption of a case just to get his appearance of criminality for political gain.

:amen:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Whoa.  Hold on for a minute. Mueller was appointed by Rosentein as special counsel to investigate Russian collusion.  There has been question as to why Mueller has been allowed to investigate outside of those parameters.  There also has been great concern that little or no parameters were set, which then boils down to nothing more than a witch hunt into those associated with Trump.  So, on what basis and evidence did Mueller have to investigate Manafort?  Why has Mueller been given carte blanche to investigate anyone for anyone reason connected in anyway to the Trump administration??  For one that indicates that the investigations go beyond Russian collusion.  Again, nothing but a witch hunt.

Evading taxes is one issue, but I'm missing the  direct connection between Muellers investigation and Manafort's colluding with Russia.

That's just like the police looking for drugs in your house because your neighbor doesn't like you because of your affiliations with the church that you belong to and though they didn't find any drugs, they ran across your bank statement and discovered that you hadn't paid any taxes recently and then turn around and arrest you.

Whoa to you!  Perhaps there wouldn't have been an investigation if Trump had chosen moral people.  Manafort is a prime example of everything wrong with our government.  Because when we talk about pardoning a person who doesn't pay taxes on millions of dollars it sends a signal that taxes are only for the normal people, not the ones connected to our government.  It sounds like it was a circle of criminals tied to A and B.  The Clintons.............etc.  So it isn't any wonder that the left would say collusion because they know the same people. 

I see the problem here.  I am a simple, normal tax payer and I don't get it because I expect government to pay their taxes like everyone else.  Manafort is not a good guy.  He should have thought about his family years ago when he was evading taxes.  You know those things that run our government.

And however it happened I am glad that pro Russia tax evading Manafort was caught.  I don't care how.  Then there is Trumps good, and not so good friend Cohen.  He is hoping to make deals also so that he doesn't do time for his crimes.  Fact is that these are criminals associated with Trump.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 01:15:02 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A reminder:  We have no idea what Mueller's true orders are from Rosenswine.  That's in a secret Memo.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

A reminder:  We have no idea what Mueller's true orders are from Rosenswine.  That's in a secret Memo.

Hopefully it wil all come to an end soon.  I also hope that Trump does not pardon Manafort.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Ellis saw it, unredacted, as part of his decision in the Manafort case. He was the most critical official with any power to check the investigation. We know he eventually decided in the special counsel’s favor.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Pardon everyone. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

Whoa to you!  Perhaps there wouldn't have been an investigation if Trump had chosen moral people.  Manafort is a prime example of everything wrong with our government.  Because when we talk about pardoning a person who doesn't pay taxes on millions of dollars it sends a signal that taxes are only for the normal people, not the ones connected to our government.  It sounds like it was a circle of criminals tied to A and B.  The Clintons.............etc.  So it isn't any wonder that the left would say collusion because they know the same people. 

I see the problem here.  I am a simple, normal tax payer and I don't get it because I expect government to pay their taxes like everyone else.  Manafort is not a good guy.  He should have thought about his family years ago when he was evading taxes.  You know those things that run our government.

And however it happened I am glad that pro Russia tax evading Manafort was caught.  I don't care how.  Then there is Trumps good, and not so good friend Cohen.  He is hoping to make deals also so that he doesn't do time for his crimes.  Fact is that these are criminals associated with Trump.

I never claimed the innocence of Manafort.  I merely question how Mueller came about indicting him as the investigation was supposed to be about colluding with the Russians. 

What should raise eyebrow even more so is all the recent evidence of Clinton/Russia collusion and Rosenstein's involvement with the Clintons.  I question why Trump appointed him in the first place. Then in turn Rosenstein appoints Mueller who is knee deep in corruption as well.

IMHO this is a witch hunt taking focus off of the Clintons and redirecting that focus onto Trump -- what better way for the Clintons to cover their corruption? After all he threatened to expose 'crooked Hillary'.  Again, to me, his appointment of Rosenstein just doesn't make any sense.

Lot of unanswered questions for sure.  Everyone should be protected under the law of being innocent until proven guilty, not being guilty until proven innocent. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 03:49:23 am by libertybele »

Offline Chosen Daughter

I never claimed the innocence of Manafort.  I merely question how Mueller came about indicting him as the investigation was supposed to be about colluding with the Russians. 

What should raise eyebrow even more so is all the recent evidence of Clinton/Russia collusion and Rosenstein's involvement with the Clintons.  I question why Trump appointed him in the first place. Then in turn Rosenstein appoints Mueller who is knee deep in corruption as well.

IMHO this is a witch hunt taking focus off of the Clintons and redirecting that focus onto Trump -- what better way for the Clintons to cover their corruption? After all he threatened to expose 'crooked Hillary'.  Again, to me, his appointment of Rosenstein just doesn't make any sense.

Lot of unanswered questions for sure.  Everyone should be protected under the law of being innocent until proven guilty, not being guilty until proven innocent.

What really should be concerning is all of them.  We can all pretend that they are not a circle of friends and partners in crime.  Why would any of them think they can get the dirt on another.  They are all past the tops of their mud boots in dirt.  Trumps are friends of Clintons.  We have the game point the finger.  Everyone knows the Clintons are slime buckets but they were slime bucket friends of the Trump family.

I always feel like its all a big reality show.  Maybe you think you have it figured out but we haven't gotten to the last episode.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Wrap your head around this from the same FOX News interview:

The Daily Caller" is reporting tonight that Manafort's cooperation has nothing to do with Russia and collusion with the special counsel and has a lot more to do with the man by the name of Tony Podesta. He's the brother of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta. He's founder of a once very large lobbying organization called the Podesta Group. And according to the Manafort indictment, if the media would ever take the time read it, various employees of companies A and B understood that they were receiving direction from Manafort and, yes, that president of Ukraine.

And The Daily Caller is reporting that company B is the Podesta Group. Politico is reporting that a letter from the Justice Department shows that Podesta knew that Manafort was working at the direction of the Ukrainian government, and even a New York fake news Times is reporting, quote: Mr. Manafort could also be instrumental in investigations now underway of lobbyists and influence brokers who work with him in Ukraine. Including, New York Times says it, Tony Podesta, a prominent Democratic lobbyist; Vin Weber, former Republican member of Congress and Greg Craig you may remember him from the impeachment days, former White House counsel and the administration of President Barack Obama and he represented Bill Clinton back in the day.

Now, we have reached out to Tony Podesta, his lawyers for comment. As of tonight, we have not heard back.

And that's not all. More bad news from Democrats coming out of the Manafort probe. Breaking just moments ago, we now have learned the federal prosecutors weighing whether or not to charge former Obama White House counsel Craig Greg, why? For failing to register as a foreign agent.

Pretty clear that Manafort was rubbing elbows with shady Democrats Tony Podesta, Clinton, Obama, Craig Greg, Vin Weber.  But wow!  he really is a good guy that needs to be pardoned.

Oh, the tangled web we weave.

http://www.startribune.com/weber-linked-to-embattled-manafort-s-ukrainian-lobbying-effort/391363471/

Where did Trump find this guy Manafort?  From the Russian government?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 05:20:28 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline edpc

The Daily Caller" is reporting tonight that Manafort's cooperation has nothing to do with Russia and collusion with the special counsel and has a lot more to do with the man by the name of Tony Podesta. He's the brother of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta. He's founder of a once very large lobbying organization called the Podesta Group. And according to the Manafort indictment, if the media would ever take the time read it, various employees of companies A and B understood that they were receiving direction from Manafort and, yes, that president of Ukraine.

Podesta has previously been referred to SDNY, much like Cohen, since some conduct fell outside the scope of the investigation.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5816400728001/?#sp=show-clips

Online libertybele

And The Daily Caller is reporting that company B is the Podesta Group. Politico is reporting that a letter from the Justice Department shows that Podesta knew that Manafort was working at the direction of the Ukrainian government, and even a New York fake news Times is reporting, quote: Mr. Manafort could also be instrumental in investigations now underway of lobbyists and influence brokers who work with him in Ukraine. Including, New York Times says it, Tony Podesta, a prominent Democratic lobbyist; Vin Weber, former Republican member of Congress and Greg Craig you may remember him from the impeachment days, former White House counsel and the administration of President Barack Obama and he represented Bill Clinton back in the day.

Now, we have reached out to Tony Podesta, his lawyers for comment. As of tonight, we have not heard back.

And that's not all. More bad news from Democrats coming out of the Manafort probe. Breaking just moments ago, we now have learned the federal prosecutors weighing whether or not to charge former Obama White House counsel Craig Greg, why? For failing to register as a foreign agent.

Pretty clear that Manafort was rubbing elbows with shady Democrats Tony Podesta, Clinton, Obama, Craig Greg, Vin Weber.  But wow!  he really is a good guy that needs to be pardoned.

Oh, the tangled web we weave.

http://www.startribune.com/weber-linked-to-embattled-manafort-s-ukrainian-lobbying-effort/391363471/

Where did Trump find this guy Manafort?  From the Russian government?

There's lots of 'involvement' surrounding the Clintons and lots of evidence of corruption continues to flow in, yet they have yet to be held responsible and doubt never will.  They continue to be well insulated. 

Perhaps Trump has selected people who he knows full well were/are involved with the Clintons in order to uncover their corruption?  That is a possibility that I have considered.  Which would explain some of his appointments, like Rosenstein which concerned me from the onset.  Rosenstein worked in the United States Office of Independent Counsel under Ken Starr on the Whitewater investigation into President Bill Clinton, etc.

It is no secret that Trump bumped elbows with the Clintons and the families have been 'friends'. However, both are powerful families with money and travel in the same social circle.  Guilt by association? My concern during Trump's campaign was his direct ugly attacks on his opponents and he pretty much didn't attack Clinton until the end.  Even at that his attacks were mild in comparison.

I've never stated that Trump is not without fault.  What I have stated is Trump is all we have standing between the leftists and  losing the sovereignty of this country. It does appear he has been fighting a never ending battle against the leftists who have done everything to stop him. He has done some conservative things and right now he is attempting to keep the caravan mobs at bay and seems to be standing strong on not granting asylum (at least that is what is being reported.

Most recently, I came across this picture of Ken Star, Rod Rosenstein and yes newly appointed Bret Kavanaugh!  So they are all entertwined in some way.  Guilt by association? Or are they are part of the same social circle due to their positions in government?

« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 01:30:02 pm by libertybele »

Offline edpc

Perhaps Trump has selected people who he knows full well were/are involved with the Clintons in order to uncover their corruption?  That is a possibility that I have considered.  Which would explain some of his appointments, like Rosenstein which concerned me from the onset.  Rosenstein worked in the United States Office of Independent Counsel under Ken Starr on the Whitewater investigation into President Bill Clinton, etc.

He’s not that smart or politically aware, no matter what he says his corpulent gut tells him.

Offline Chosen Daughter

There's lots of 'involvement' surrounding the Clintons and lots of evidence of corruption continues to flow in, yet they have yet to be held responsible and doubt never will.  They continue to be well insulated. 

It is no secret that Trump bumped elbows with the Clintons and the families have been 'friends'. However, both are powerful families with money and travel in the same social circle.  Guilt by association? My concern during Trump's campaign was his direct ugly attacks on his opponents and he pretty much didn't attack Clinton until the end.  Even at that his attacks were mild in comparison.

I've never stated that Trump is not without fault.  What I have stated is Trump is all we have standing between the leftists and  losing the sovereignty of this country. It does appear he has been fighting a never ending battle against the leftists who have done everything to stop him. He has done some conservative things and right now he is attempting to keep the caravan mobs at bay and seems to be standing strong on not granting asylum (at least that is what is being reported.

Most recently, I came across this picture of Ken Star, Rod Rosenstein and yes newly appointed Bret Kavanaugh!  So they are all entertwined in some way.  Guilt by association? Or are they are part of the same social circle due to their positions in government?

yes they all do run in the same circles.  It shouldn't surprise anyone that Hillary was never prosecuted.  Because Trump dropped it on Inauguration day.  Even honoring her at the lunch where his daughter was seated at her table.  Trump saying himself that she had suffered enough.  He was probably thinking at the time that that act would shut down any further "witch hunt" against him.  But it didn't.

You can hope for our sovereignty but Trump didn't do anything for two years.  It wasn't until the beginning of the next round of caravan.  And it is all following the script.  Mark my words. Time to do his Constitutional duty was early on before Democratic Congress. 

So my prediction...............Lindsey Graham is going to get exactly what he has always wanted. He has been on FOX news promoting it.   Amnesty, and continued chain migration.  The doors are going to be open to Asylum and they are as of right now processing these requests.  I cannot say how many are being granted Asylum but they are.  There has been no change to sanctuary city and we are doubling H2B.

Now with Democratic Congress it is all but a sealed deal.  I am sure Lindsey is parking himself in the offices of Durbin, Schumer and Pelosi to get it done.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The Trump DOJ's utter failure to prosecute HR and Bill Clinton could result in Trump losing in 2020.  I happen to believe what the Clinton Crime Family did with Russia was far worse than anything the Rosenburgs did, and they were strapped into a chair a fried.

Until the Clintons are brought to justice, there is no justice in America.  I posted on Facebook about slick Willy being a pedophile, and I had this moron come back and say he is many things, but he is not a pedophile.  Well, the irony was that Epstein was in the news the very next day, labelled a pedophile and about his serving 15 months which for anyone else would have been a life sentence.

Bill made 26 trips to Epstein Island where he could have some of that non-sex he loves so with 13/14 year old girls.

Offline DB

The Trump DOJ's utter failure to prosecute HR and Bill Clinton could result in Trump losing in 2020.  I happen to believe what the Clinton Crime Family did with Russia was far worse than anything the Rosenburgs did, and they were strapped into a chair a fried.

Until the Clintons are brought to justice, there is no justice in America.  I posted on Facebook about slick Willy being a pedophile, and I had this moron come back and say he is many things, but he is not a pedophile.  Well, the irony was that Epstein was in the news the very next day, labelled a pedophile and about his serving 15 months which for anyone else would have been a life sentence.

Bill made 26 trips to Epstein Island where he could have some of that non-sex he loves so with 13/14 year old girls.

The Clintons are the top of the Washington crime syndicate. You either take out the crime boss or suffer the consequences.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The Clintons are the top of the Washington crime syndicate. You either take out the crime boss or suffer the consequences.

How many people do you know who have died mysteriously or of a bizarre suicide, or have been beaten to death or murdered in a hail of bullets, how about someone who committed suicide by shooting themselves in the back of the head?

For most of us the answer is none, but if you are Bill and Hillary Clinton, the answer to that question is at least 56 – and possibly more.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Oh, Trump was part of the Epstein circle too.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/5556/7-things-you-need-know-about-trump-and-sex-slave-amanda-prestigiacomo