Author Topic: U.S., China declare 90-day halt to new tariffs, White House says  (Read 381 times)

Offline goodwithagun

U.S., China declare 90-day halt to new tariffs, White House says
« on: December 02, 2018, 03:38:49 am »
China and the United States have agreed to halt additional tariffs as both nations engage in new trade negotiations with the goal of reaching an agreement within 90 days, the White House said on Saturday after President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping held high-stakes talks in Argentina.

Trump agreed not to boost tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods to 25 percent on Jan. 1 as previously announced, while Beijing agreed to buy an unspecified but "very substantial" amount of agricultural, energy, industrial and other products, the White House said in a statement. China "is open to approving the previously unapproved" deal for U.S. company Qualcomm Inc <QCOM.O> to acquire Netherlands-based NXP Semiconductors <NXPI.O> "should it again be presented."

Read more here https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-china-declare-90-day-halt-tariffs-white-023232628--finance.html
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

Re: U.S., China declare 90-day halt to new tariffs, White House says
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 03:39:13 am »
Talk amongst yourselves . . .
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: U.S., China declare 90-day halt to new tariffs, White House says
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 03:50:25 am »
This sounds promising. Trump wanted to strong arm them back to the negotiation table and that's exactly what has happened. I look forward to seeing what is agreed to.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates