Author Topic: Have Terrorists Crossed Our Border?  (Read 476 times)

rangerrebew

Have Terrorists Crossed Our Border?
« on: December 01, 2018, 02:19:33 pm »
Have Terrorists Crossed Our Border?
An initial count of suspected terrorists encountered en route and at the U.S. Southwest Border Since 2001

By Todd Bensman on November 26, 2018

Todd Bensman is a senior national security fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies.

On several occasions in October 2018, President Donald Trump and some administration officials suggested that migrants from Middle Eastern countries might have traveled among the thousands of Hondurans in a U.S.-bound column. Later, the president stated he had "very good information" that Middle Eastern migrants had been traveling through Latin America for a number of years, independently of migrant columns, that "there could very well be" Islamic terrorists in this traffic, and that U.S. Border Patrol has intercepted "some real bad ones".1

The administration did not provide either publicly available or protected Classified and Law Enforcement Sensitive information to support the assertions, leaving them challenged and unresolved, whereas more information might have advanced discourse regarding a significant security question relevant to an ongoing national policy debate. Republican Sen. Jeff Flake, in one emblematic expression, dismissed the idea of Middle Eastern travelers through Latin America and potential terrorists among them as "pretty much a canard and a fear tactic".2

https://www.cis.org/Report/Have-Terrorists-Crossed-Our-Border
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 02:21:44 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Have Terrorists Crossed Our Border?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 09:07:34 pm »
Of course they have.  It has been very easy up until these caravans.  I have no doubt that there are several in the caravans.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 11:53:30 pm »
Gee, ya think....?  ;)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 01:54:52 am »
Yes.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 01:58:33 am »
The terrorists we need to be most worried about aren't going to cross our border physically.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 03:12:19 am »
The terrorists we need to be most worried about aren't going to cross our border physically.

I dunno. The ones who flew the planes into the towers on 9/11 crosses our borders and entered the US.  That’s concerning.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 03:16:04 am »
I dunno. The ones who flew the planes into the towers on 9/11 crosses our borders and entered the US.  That’s concerning.

That was almost 20 years ago. People have absolutely no idea how powerful hackers are becoming in the age of computers. We're putting computers everywhere and in everything. Pretty soon our entire world will be run by computers.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 03:17:09 am »
    Perhaps, they are failed terrorist that need Section 8 and food stamps to realize the error of their ways.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 03:29:09 am »
That was almost 20 years ago. People have absolutely no idea how powerful hackers are becoming in the age of computers. We're putting computers everywhere and in everything. Pretty soon our entire world will be run by computers.

Im still more concerned about someone flying planes into buildings.