Author Topic: The Obama Economy vs. the Trump Economy  (Read 244 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
The Obama Economy vs. the Trump Economy
« on: November 30, 2018, 04:20:00 am »
Regardless of which president is responsible for America's recent economic upswing, it remains to be seen whether the growth is sustainable.
By Daniel J. Mitchell
https://fee.org/articles/the-obama-economy-vs-the-trump-economy/

During his final days in office, I gave a thumbs-down assessment of Barack Obama’s presidency. Simply stated, he increased the burden of government during his tenure, and that led to anemic economic numbers.

Now the economy seems to be doing a bit better . . .

. . . It’s certainly good news that unemployment rates have dropped. But labor-force participation numbers still haven’t fully recovered—or even come close to fully recovering—so the data on jobs is not quite as impressive as it sounds . . . but I caution my GOP/Trump friends about relying on short-run economic data to make their case.

For instance, what if the economy is in a false boom caused by easy money? If that leads to a recession, will they want Trump to take the blame?

. . . (E)ven small improvements in economic performance are very desirable. Still, it remains to be seen whether this additional growth is either real or sustainable.

The bottom line is that there’s no reason to expect big economic improvements under Trump, at least in the long run. His good policies on taxes and regulation are offset by bad policies on spending and trade.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: The Obama Economy vs. the Trump Economy
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 04:28:29 am »
LOL. Here is good old Sound Bite Dan taking time away from making idiotic statements that never come true on a myriad of cable newsers to tell us things are not that great. If this loud mouth jackass would bother leaving the cocoon of the DC beltway he would see things are moving along quite nicely.